Author Topic: Hello to everyone  (Read 4715 times)

guest4981

Hello to everyone
« on: October 17, 2017, 10:26:04 AM »
Hello all, thanks for having me along. I am a long time Martin Scorsese fan. I know Scorsese collects movie posters. Is he actually an official member here or is his quote regarding the All Poster Forum I saw just to wish the forum well when the forum began? Thank you.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Hello to everyone
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 03:55:10 PM »
Hahaha... No, that's a joke.  There was another forum, now defunct, and the showrunner (can't remember his name now) had this exact quote in his signature.  So I stole it from him when I started this forum.  Yeah, Marty has time to comment on movie poster forums.  Fake news then, fake news now.

This being said, welcome to the forum and share your goodies.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 04:20:30 PM »
Welcome, Halcyon.  welcome1

Enjoy the forum, and looking forward to seeing what kind of posters (genres, countries etc) you enjoy collecting.

-Jeff

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 04:34:32 PM »
Welcome! 

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 11:20:50 AM »
 welcome1  Enjoy.  Looking forward to seeing what you have   ....so far.   ;)
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 01:05:26 PM »
 welcome2.gif to APF, Halcyon!

guest4981

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 12:49:47 PM »
Thanks for the welcomes and info about the quote.

Oh well, that was half the reason I joined. I wouldn't think he would be a member (on any internet forum) but on the chance he was, I had to ask. I have always wanted to see Scorsese's full collection which is actually a poster preservation effort more than a personal 'collection'; I respect that a lot.  A portion of it was displayed at MoMA two years ago.

As long as I'm here, and the other half of why I joined, was to see what you all have and I'll share some of mine too. Thanks again.

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 12:12:07 PM »
Pardon my tardiness, but I'd also like to welcome you aboard. Glad to have you.

CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!