Author Topic: Acid free storage tube?  (Read 7931 times)

Offline skyline119

• Beginner
Acid free storage tube?
« on: September 12, 2017, 08:23:27 PM »
I have more poster then frames so i am looking for a way to storage rolled poster any recommend acid free poster tubes out their? also do I need a acid free bags? 

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Acid free storage tube?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 08:58:38 PM »
Your other option is to buy acid free tissue paper and use this as a barrier/buffer to wrap your posters in, when using regular cardboard tubes.

-Jeff

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 09:05:09 PM »
i just line a regular tube with a polysleeve (bagsunlimited.com) and stuff em all in there.  Unless you're preserving a copy of Midnight in London or the Magna carta I wouldn't worry too much about acid free tubes.  Sleeves or paper lining will do the trick.

Offline skyline119

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 02:32:27 AM »
I am sorry can you please post a link to some cant seem to find them thanks

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 02:38:53 AM »
I store linenbacked posters rolled in polyethylene tubes (food grade ie acid free). For added steps I have large mylar bags I put over each end and tape shut. There's a thread with pics here somewhere

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 02:49:32 AM »
i just line a regular tube with a polysleeve (bagsunlimited.com) and stuff em all in there.  Unless you're preserving a copy of Midnight in London or the Magna carta I wouldn't worry too much about acid free tubes.  Sleeves or paper lining will do the trick.

Right on.  Those tubes contain about 35 posters.  Put a sleeve in it for extra protection against flooding and you're good to go.  Really, nothing else is needed.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)