Author Topic: Nothing in the package....  (Read 6398 times)

guest4955

Nothing in the package....
« on: August 23, 2017, 06:27:23 PM »
So I've known for years that a fraudulent seller could rip me off by shipping an empty package and falsely claiming the package contained the purchased item.

But it's never happened to me ... until today:

The problem is I can't figure who sent the triangular empty package that I thought contained a poster. It was shipped correctly addressed to me May 22 from Panoma, California and has a return address for a business office complex in area code 91206. I've fruitlessly spent an hour reviewing my PayPal and eBay records and Google searches.

I'm quite sure I didn't request an empty package in late May.

So I guess I've been ripped off.

Anybody had a similar experience?

Offline CJ138

• Collector
Re: Nothing in the package....
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 06:32:57 PM »
This would drive me up the wall. I am sure it is doing the same to you. I think you should continue your research, I am sure you will identify the offender, and then blast them on here.
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 11:45:28 PM »
Or was it a joke because you didn't completely black out your address?

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 12:28:33 AM »
Stolen in transit?
Chris

guest4955

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 09:30:14 AM »
It was securely taped on both sides and in the middle, so it was not tampered with.

It was slightly dented in two places so I'm pretty sure I stuck it on the bookcase b/c I just didn't want to deal with YET ANOTHER damaged poster. I then forgot about it for three months.

It's no big deal except as an example of how a seller can defraud a buyer....

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 10:45:57 AM »
Mel I think this is just a sign that you need to slow down in your acquisitions.  Nothing good about buying so much stuff in such a short time that you cannot even figure out what you purchased!  ;D
Chris

guest4955

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 06:34:05 PM »
Mel I think this is just a sign that you need to slow down in your acquisitions.  Nothing good about buying so much stuff in such a short time that you cannot even figure out what you purchased!  ;D

Maybe but I go full blast when I'm motivated.

For example, I've downloaded and organized 3,100+ songs with Apple Music in the last 30 days....