Author Topic: Sellers to Avoid  (Read 261959 times)

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
Re: Sellers to Avoid
« Reply #475 on: May 13, 2016, 01:25:17 AM »
paying with paypal helps in this situation
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #476 on: September 13, 2016, 04:57:02 AM »
In all honesty, I probably can't say that this seller is one to avoid...  However, on the basis of his advert, I am taking a leap of faith.

While this is in no way meant to be disrespectful to our American friends here, I must say that, following my experience with the various ebays around the world, that some American sellers almost Challenge you to buy their goods and wares.  As below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Daniel-Craig-Skyfall-Bond-Poster-From-Actual-Theater-/282174079941?hash=item41b2e2c3c5:g:VT4AAOSwknJX11Tx

The images are crap, badly framed, don't show all the edges, sometimes don't even show all of the items.  And in respect to the last, their communications is abrupt, perfunctory and monosyllabic to the point of extreme; to wit, I wanted to see all 22 stills he had for sale.  He was then currently showing about half, all on top of each other.  I asked for a better illustration of ALL the stills and the response was; "scroll through the photos, most are shown."  You've got to be fucking kidding me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112108125777?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just bollocks.  And all this flies in the face of what is otherwise known the world over as the American customer service you should know and expect.

Now to qualify, this is not all Americans.  But that sort of response has Only come from the American side, when it has come.  It is exhausting.

Sorry chaps.  Rant over.  Feel free to kill me now.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #477 on: January 05, 2017, 05:48:53 PM »
I got stung recently by a seller. His name is

HUGO DE GERARDO GONZALEZ MATA - he lives in Mexico (in MONTERRY).

He sells in some of the Facebook poster groups under the name 'Hugo Gzz'

Avoid this con man, he is a liar and a thief.

Offline lalatin

• Hobbyist
« Reply #478 on: January 05, 2017, 06:01:48 PM »
WOW.  faint2.gif

How did you get burn if you don't me asking?
Rudy

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
« Reply #479 on: January 05, 2017, 06:25:00 PM »

HUGO DE GERARDO GONZALEZ MATA - he lives in Mexico (in MONTERRY).

Were you attempting to buy Mexican posters?

Are you telling me I can find Mexican posters for sale on Facebook?

If so, I need to get in on that action (but not from this guy)

Also, I have in-laws in Monterrey. Maybe they can track Hugo down and slap him with a wet noodle.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #480 on: January 05, 2017, 06:36:53 PM »
Were you attempting to buy Mexican posters?

Are you telling me I can find Mexican posters for sale on Facebook?

If so, I need to get in on that action (but not from this guy)

Also, I have in-laws in Monterrey. Maybe they can track Hugo down and slap him with a wet noodle.

:D He was selling some modern releases, Mexican one sheets...I sent him some money, he led me on and on and on and on and nothing every arrived. I suspect he never had the posters in the first place (he only had stock images).

As soon as he said he didn't have Paypal, it set the alarm bells ringing, but the amount of money I sent him was relatively small, so worth the gamble (although I lost, but hindsight is a fine thing). So thanks for the offer to pay him a visit with a wet noodle, but it's not worth chasing for such a small amount. Sometimes you lose buying from strangers on the internet, but on the whole people are good and honest so I don't hold onto the bad experiences.

There are a few poster groups on Facebook. Some are a little quiet, but have some interesting posts on occasion.

Here is a larger one:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/230097530356028/

Here is one for Mexican posters!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/453186981474856/
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 06:38:57 PM by Tob »

Offline lalatin

• Hobbyist
« Reply #481 on: January 05, 2017, 06:51:53 PM »
That large poster group link may be wrong. Do you have a name one could search?
Rudy

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #482 on: January 05, 2017, 06:57:54 PM »
That large poster group link may be wrong. Do you have a name one could search?

If you search for 'Genre Movie Poster Collectors', you might find it? Although looks like it is now a 'secret group' per FB's settings, so perhaps a public search won't find it? If you PM me your email address, I'll add you to it and the admins will probably add you in.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #483 on: January 08, 2017, 09:36:48 PM »

HUGO DE GERARDO GONZALEZ MATA - he lives in Mexico (in MONTERAY).

His name alone almost sounds like a made up cover up.     :-\

-Jeff

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #484 on: March 13, 2018, 05:49:01 PM »
Took a chance on an unknown Thai seller, thailandart2010, for a hard to find 27x40 DS Underworld Blood Wars poster. It arrived in a 39" tube with no packing on either end rolled bare inside the tube. 3/4" of the long edge was crushed. This guy is clueless, but I'm not - anymore. I'm not sending it back - I just want to be rid of him.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:29:24 PM by Dr Bill »

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #485 on: March 14, 2018, 06:09:20 AM »
He rolled it length ways?

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #486 on: March 14, 2018, 11:47:02 AM »
He rolled it length ways?

It was rolled as I would expect - the roll was 27" long. But the 39" tube was so much longer (with no padding at either end), the bare poster spiraled inside, then shifted back and forth end to end inside the oversized tube. This crushed the 40" side of the poster that was even more fragile because of the exposed single layers of the spiral.

I messaged him that he should learn to pack posters correctly, and that I would not buy from him again, but wouldn't bother to return the thing to Thailand. (It was only a $50 poster). He actually thanked me for the "advice".

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #487 on: March 14, 2018, 12:11:58 PM »
Ah, I see.

Splendid.

One wonders, if he is a 'poster seller', and not someone who sells shoes for a living and finds himself in the possession of a sellable poster, that this would already have been known.

Bless.

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #488 on: March 14, 2018, 12:29:09 PM »
He has mostly posters and art for sale, all positive feedback (185 responses), and an eBay seller for eight years. I've been burned before by buying from someone who has mostly shoes and clothing for sale, so I know what you mean. I just wanted this one last Beckinsale poster a little too much and took a chance. Still learning not to jump too soon...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 12:58:44 PM by Dr Bill »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #489 on: March 14, 2018, 12:32:22 PM »
It was rolled as I would expect - the roll was 27" long. But the 39" tube was so much longer (with no padding at either end), the bare poster spiraled inside, then shifted back and forth end to end inside the oversized tube. This crushed the 40" side of the poster that was even more fragile because of the exposed single layers of the spiral.

I messaged him that he should learn to pack posters correctly, and that I would not buy from him again, but wouldn't bother to return the thing to Thailand. (It was only a $50 poster). He actually thanked me for the "advice".

Just curious as to why you wouldnt want to send it back? It was not packaged the right way, and got damaged as a result. That seller would be responsible for sending you a return label (covering the postage) and refunding your purchase price, per the ebay buyer guarantee.

-Jeff

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #490 on: March 14, 2018, 12:52:28 PM »
Just curious as to why you wouldnt want to send it back? It was not packaged the right way, and got damaged as a result. That seller would be responsible for sending you a return label (covering the postage) and refunding your purchase price, per the ebay buyer guarantee.

I've never had to return a poster before and didn't know I wasn't responsible for the shipping. Plus, I'd have to argue with him about the return (he didn't offer to take it back), package it properly myself, and mail the thing to Thailand. He can barely communicate in English, and just told me to "shape it into a cone and remove it gently". With all my travel for work, just a bit more stress than I'm willing to deal with right now, I guess.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 12:53:48 PM by Dr Bill »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #491 on: March 14, 2018, 01:02:32 PM »
Your call, and again, I was just curious.  :)

Were it a 5 or 10 buck poster, I wouldnt bother either. But another nice Thai poster could be had for the 50.00 you spent on this one.

-Jeff

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #492 on: March 14, 2018, 01:12:09 PM »
Shipping to me was free, so I don't know what it may cost, but he states that if not satisfied any return shipping is to be paid by buyer. Maybe ebay policy says otherwise?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #493 on: March 14, 2018, 01:50:37 PM »
Shipping to me was free, so I don't know what it may cost, but he states that if not satisfied any return shipping is to be paid by buyer. Maybe ebay policy says otherwise?

Many items bought (and paid with Paypal) are covered with their Buyer Protection Policy. It's been that way for a while now.

But since your poster was mailed to you for free, I'm thinking that you'd be the one to pay for the mailing back.

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #494 on: March 20, 2018, 04:29:22 PM »
I sell stuff with free shipping on eBay.  A few times, the item I sold had a tiny imperfection that I didn't even notice, and I always have to pay for the return shipping.  eBay really protects its buyers, and per the buyer protection clause, if the buyer has any issue with the item, the seller has to pay for return shipping.  In this case with Dr. B, and any return, the buyer starts a return claim, and the seller would accept the return, and have to send a return shipping label, or the seller would deny the return and eBay would probably step in and issue the shipping label and track the package, and issue the refund.

Sometimes, it may be that the buyer just had buyer's remorse, and found a minute issue with the item so they don't have to pay for return shipping. 

That's been my experience there.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 05:46:31 PM by Neo »

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #495 on: March 30, 2018, 06:10:46 PM »
celinedion_2013

To be found on eBay.

He sold a poster with blatant creases that had been coloured in with felt tip and not mentioned in the description.  The images on eBay did not show them.

While admittedly I had been drawn in to make a deal off eBay and to make a Friends Paypal payment (Not looking for sympathy here), a polite conversation highlighting the less than obvious faults resulted in my sending the poster back for an agreed refund.

He then emailed to say that the poster I had returned was not the one he sent and said I had two options.  Keep it, or he will incur the Thames Valley Police etc etc blah blah.

His name is Ash Jawaid.

He resides at 20 NORMANBY ROAD, S$#@^%HORPE, NORTH LINCS, DN15 6AL, UK

To be completely distrusted.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #496 on: March 30, 2018, 07:49:26 PM »
celinedion_2013

To be found on eBay.

He sold a poster with blatant creases that had been coloured in with felt tip and not mentioned in the description.  The images on eBay did not show them.

While admittedly I had been drawn in to make a deal off eBay and to make a Friends Paypal payment (Not looking for sympathy here), a polite conversation highlighting the less than obvious faults resulted in my sending the poster back for an agreed refund.

He then emailed to say that the poster I had returned was not the one he sent and said I had two options.  Keep it, or he will incur the Thames Valley Police etc etc blah blah.

His name is Ash Jawaid.

That sucks. What's the damage?  IMO anything/anyone even slightly related to celine dion shouldn't be trusted.

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #497 on: March 30, 2018, 08:28:20 PM »
SELLER TO AVOID - KEVIN COLLETTE
Sells James Bond gear.

I had a nightmare with him recently - he's an absolute idiot and I'm not the only one he has conned.
I didn't realise, but he has been conning people for over 20 years.

Bought a display board...he sent a keyring!
He eventually sent the board, but it was damaged.
He sent a poster too that was supposed to be pristine, but was also damaged (he even changed the price of the poster AFTER we agreed the deal).

He started lying, changing his story every day and then went off the grid.
So I opened two PayPal cases against him - he even lied to them about me, but he lost the cases as I had all our correspondence saved.
He lost over €150 and PayPal just told me to do what I wanted with the items as he evidently conned me.

He's a disgrace to the Bond community.

celinedion_2013

To be found on eBay.

His name is Ash Jawaid.

What have you done?
I know what I do, but I suggest you actually report HIM to the police.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #498 on: March 31, 2018, 02:52:42 AM »
Ref celinedion_2013, unfortunately as I went off eBay and Friends PayPal payments, I am aware there has legitimately been 'fraud' on my/our side too. 

I will chalk it up to experience and just block him from searches.

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #499 on: April 04, 2018, 09:51:36 AM »
Ref celinedion_2013, unfortunately as I went off eBay and Friends PayPal payments, I am aware there has legitimately been 'fraud' on my/our side too. 

I will chalk it up to experience and just block him from searches.

You haven't committed fraud.
You just potentially violated an eBay policy, which is not punishable by law anywhere.
If I were you, I would still report him to the police. It's worth doing so he is on their radar mate.
Best wishes,
Adam