Author Topic: Sellers to Avoid  (Read 259934 times)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
Re: Sellers to Avoid
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2011, 07:51:57 PM »
Cory is all kinds of fun to talk to...very nice guy.

Have talked with him at length several times over the years...always takes time with everyone that browses at his booth.

Hope to chat it up with him again next month at Cinevent.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

longdog

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2011, 04:36:34 AM »
Another thumbs up from me regarding Cory.

Whenever he's over here in London he's always friendly and open to deals. And as Wonka said, he'll always take the time to talk.

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2011, 02:06:58 PM »
Add another one to the list: "nejoker"

He shipped me a poster in a crappy triangular tube from the Post Office AND had wrapped a rubber band around the poster. The box arrived crushed in about 12 places as expected and this was his response:

"I have used that same box for 100's of posters and never received a single complaint. A refund will be given only after I receive the item back. Please ship it to the return address."

The poster is nothing but a piece of trash at this point and we wants me to pay out of pocket to return a $15 poster? The dirt bag is getting his first negative feedback!

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2011, 02:29:32 PM »
And if you send it back in the same tube, he will claim it was damaged in return shipment.

And if you pack it in a new tube, he will ask what the problem was.

Only option is to pack the tube in another tube, and that will cost more than the poster :(
-Jay-

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2011, 02:44:02 PM »
Add another one to the list: "nejoker"

He shipped me a poster in a crappy triangular tube from the Post Office AND had wrapped a rubber band around the poster. The box arrived crushed in about 12 places as expected and this was his response:

"I have used that same box for 100's of posters and never received a single complaint. A refund will be given only after I receive the item back. Please ship it to the return address."

The poster is nothing but a piece of trash at this point and we wants me to pay out of pocket to return a $15 poster? The dirt bag is getting his first negative feedback!

You can open a claim with eBay/PayPal... they will refund return shipping if the seller will not. 

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2011, 02:55:07 PM »
You can open a claim with eBay/PayPal... they will refund return shipping if the seller will not. 

The claim has been filed.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2011, 12:43:00 PM »
Just thought I would add these two Wastes of space to the list.  Both Ebay sellers:-

pnbhudds

kings.trading.company

Avoid them like the plague...
It's more than a Hobby...

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2011, 01:19:16 PM »
I bought a Watchmen Teaser that was supposedly in "great shape" for only 99 cents. I guess I got what I paid for. Not only was it not in great shape but it was shipped in a re-used tube that simply pinches at either end to keep the contents from falling out. To add insult to injury, there was a single piece of scotch tape on either end. It seemed to me like it was shipped by a 14 year old.

I hate these tubes. We get them from the studios all the time and the posters are damaged nine times out of ten. I'm not going to make a fuss because it cost me a dollar but the seller was ihappyman3. Extremely positive feedback for a pretty mediocre experience.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2011, 02:23:31 PM »
Anthony, this is why most of any sort of 'modern' poster that I do happen to buy gets put in the lightbox rotation.  The condition doesn't matter, since I am handling it and it will be in a frame until I get sick of it.

For a buck...can't beat it.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2011, 08:49:07 PM »
I bought a Watchmen Teaser that was supposedly in "great shape" for only 99 cents. I guess I got what I paid for. Not only was it not in great shape but it was shipped in a re-used tube that simply pinches at either end to keep the contents from falling out. To add insult to injury, there was a single piece of scotch tape on either end. It seemed to me like it was shipped by a 14 year old.

I hate these tubes. We get them from the studios all the time and the posters are damaged nine times out of ten.

This is exactly why they use them.  Fox was the first to go back to them as part of their 'Screw eBay' campaign.

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2011, 09:11:36 PM »
This is exactly why they use them.  Fox was the first to go back to them as part of their 'Screw eBay' campaign.

I didn't know such a campaign existed. But now that you point it out, they're almost always from Fox and I think the other one is Sony. I guess they'd rather have their posters all wrinkles and frayed when they reach cinemas than have somebody recycle cardboard.

Offline 110x75

• Hoarder
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2011, 07:16:44 PM »
Yesterday I got this double bill 40"x60" for "Master of horror" a Poe-based argentinean film.

Bought it on ebay from Cory Glaberson, more than a month ago. Last week I wrote Cory to ask for tracking information, as mail from the US usually takes 15-20 days to arrive here (and the purchase was almost 40 days old). He sent the tracking number and, politely, told me that probably the tube was already here. I checked the tracking information online and, as he told, the tube was at my city`s customs office. Apparently, the notifications from the mail man were lost or something like that, and the posters rested in customs a few days.
The poster was professionally packed in an indestructible tube, and arrived undamaged so, as with my previous purchase from Cory, I have nothing but  thumbup to say about his service.

Buy from him!
Matias
http://110x75.blogspot.com.ar/

IG: @cinepapelarchivo

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2011, 08:55:43 PM »
Great poster, Matias. 
Like I said earlier, I have also had good experiences with Cory.  thumbup

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2011, 10:09:04 PM »
Great experiences here from Mr. Laberson, also.  Got a couple nice 30x40s from him and recently scored a near mint Terminator Cleveland style one sheet for $100 from him and all was good.

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2011, 08:51:43 AM »
I found these two articles and thought it was interesting.  Many of you probably heard/know about this Kerry Haggard, but with the ongoing discussion of dealers selling reprints I found it appropriate for this thread. 

2008-  http://onlineathens.com/stories/102108/mar_346484325.shtml

2010- http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/042910/new_627424697.shtml
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2011, 12:36:31 PM »
MovieGoods as a recommended link?  Yeah, in Bizarro World....

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2011, 12:55:46 PM »
Must be a "paid recommended link".  Just like Mendez who Heritage uses almost exclusively I believe...
Chris

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2011, 08:36:44 PM »
Looks like someone bought, what they thought was, a 1962 first release poster for the film, SANJURO, based on L'Imagerie's description (or lack thereof). This is, in fact, a 1968RR poster. Someone is/was in for a potential surprise, possibly.   :o

http://www.limageriegallery.com/Japanese_Movie_Poster_Sanjuro_p/japanese207.htm

-Jeff

rinker

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2011, 11:17:49 PM »
Is reeldeals.com a reputable place? I can't figure out why this is only 12 bucks http://www.reeldeals.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=3031

Its a full size DS one sheet, pretty well liked, and seems sort of rare. Is this just a great deal?

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2011, 11:24:57 PM »
Is reeldeals.com a reputable place? I can't figure out why this is only 12 bucks http://www.reeldeals.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=3031

Its a full size DS one sheet, pretty well liked, and seems sort of rare. Is this just a great deal?

Dave and John, good guys, should be fine. 12.50 is an average going rate on that poster, not rare.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 11:25:45 PM by ddilts399 »

rinker

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2011, 11:29:05 PM »
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply.

Ordered!

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2011, 10:34:57 AM »
A warning to be careful when dealing with ebay seller rixposterz.

see this link for discussion: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,2611.0.html
-Jay-

Offline rdavey26

• Hoarder
    • Randy's Movie Posterz
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2011, 01:48:11 AM »
Has anyone dealt with movieposterplace on ebay?

Offline Chop-Top

• Collector
    • My One Sheets
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2011, 01:26:59 AM »
Has anyone dealt with movieposterplace on ebay?

Sounds like a good "New Topic" to me. Why would you ask this question in the Sellers to Avoid discussion without knowing about them.

raulleaf

« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2011, 08:08:31 AM »
Sounds like a good "New Topic" to me. Why would you ask this question in the Sellers to Avoid discussion without knowing about them.

TO find out if he should avoid them;  Huh?