Common Poster Subjects > Auction House, Dealer & Other Seller Experiences

Sellers to Avoid

(1/106) > >>

eatbrie:
This is my personal list of sellers I WILL NEVER buy from.  Feel free to add to the list.

Not recommended by anyone
Moviegoods - All bad!
Egbert - Fakes fakes fakes fakes and a few originals
Bradburied - Fakes fakes fakes fakes and a few originals
Tloceposters - Fakes fakes fakes fakes and a few originals
Rokmodataol - Fakes fakes fakes fakes and a few originals

Personal bad experience
Thebeatlesforsale for Japanese posters: Totally overpriced and a jerk.

T

spacething:

Thanks for starting this thread.  There was a similar thread on MPF and I found it to be great reference.

eatbrie:
Egbert:
Dragonbirdlw - Avoid, avoid, avoid.
Movieposterbargains - Same

kovacs01:
Mid-Hudson Auction Galleries.  Do not touch them.  I have been embroiled since late April in a dispute over a $200 something item they did not send me.  The thing is, they admit that they have the item and that they sent it to the wrong address and it came back damaged.  But, so sorry, your money has already been given to the consignor.  Supposedly, 6 weeks ago, they were filing a claim with the shipper and would pay me when the money came back.  Lately they have stopped responding to emails though.  I bet they respond to the one I just sent........

Ari:
to be fair, Moviegoods might be a swear word, but I have had nothing but good experience with them, if you read the description and know what you are buying. They Do describe repros as repros (or at leat used to, its been a few years), I bought a lot a few years ago, the one problem was I felt the items were over graded, they gave me a full refund and let me keep the items, all within 24 hours, no questions.
I understand people hating they steal images and make posters, but the grey line is crossed by everyone who sells original posters... (ever read the NSS text?).
Kinda playing devils advocate.
but really if you approach them, as they are, a business, they are their to make a buck, do your research, know what your buying, I find them less offensive than dealers who bid on their own items, or their staff, or dealers making false claims, or the countless other things anyone can do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version