Author Topic: August 2017  (Read 17841 times)

guest4955

August 2017
« on: August 01, 2017, 05:41:55 AM »
Could never afford the A+ TGFH 1S, so I landed the B+ HS for a small fraction thereof:

What we really want to see:

guest4955

Re: August 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 05:46:48 AM »
Soubie French masterpieces 23"x31":

guest4955

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 05:58:08 AM »
Sure wish JB had made 20 more movies, he was cast in Ghostbusters for example:

Positively my last Frenchie 1P 😎;

Yep, she looks mannish but still a ultra-cool MP:

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 10:11:15 AM »
Last set seemed like a boobs series, this set seems like a nose series

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 11:31:57 AM »

Yep, she looks mannish but still a ultra-cool MP:

Had this flick been made today, Caitlin Jenner could have been cast, from the looks of the babe on that poster.  ;D

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 02:33:03 PM »
Way to start the month.  Quite the nice haul there, Mel.

notworthy.gif

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 03:10:48 PM »
thanks for the bids Mel. I'll be happy when HA sends my check......

;)

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 03:31:21 PM »
Which ones are yours, Richie?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 04:00:16 PM »
Could never afford the A+ TGFH 1S, so I landed the B+ HS for a small fraction thereof:

Maybe a fraction compared to the one-sheet (and for good reason of course), but nearly three multiples of what this exact copy brought last time it was at auction - https://movieposters.ha.com/itm/film-noir/this-gun-for-hire-paramount-1942-half-sheet-22-x-28-style-b/a/7113-86206.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515#

Mel, have you ever tried to use the "Make an Offer" feature through Heritage? I know several people who have been able to pick up pieces they wanted that way.

I will be interested to hear your opinion of the piece once you have it in hand. It's good that the overall fading doesn't bother you, but the restoration/recreation to Lake's face (as you say, the centerpiece of the poster) is far too much paint for my taste - especially around the eyes and details of her hair. Compare to this prior Heritage sale to see what I'm talking about. Guess this is why T avoids the restored stuff.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 04:01:32 PM by crowzilla »
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 04:20:09 PM »
Which ones are yours, Richie?

T

Can't really say, out of courtesy to HA & confidentiality, but something.

I've been giving stuff to Heritage and Profiles in History for a while and factually, they both have been kicking ass for me. Getting me better prices than even my sticker, but I haven't been disappointed yet by either of them for sure.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 05:10:11 PM »
I've been giving stuff to Heritage and Profiles in History for a while and factually, they both have been kicking ass for me. Getting me better prices than even my sticker, but I haven't been disappointed yet by either of them for sure.

Did you get $400K hammer for something you only had stickered at $240K?   faint2.gif
Cause that is really kicking butt.
many auction houses have never even had a single $100K hammer, and Heritage is doing it seemingly every auction.  notworthy.gif
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 06:39:46 PM »
Can't really say, out of courtesy to HA & confidentiality, but something.

Why is it still confidential after the end of auction?  Why does it matter?

T

My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2017, 07:05:09 PM »
Grey in the LA Times today...

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2017, 07:09:58 PM »
Guess this is why T avoids the restored stuff.

That's exactly why.  I got burnt before and never again.  I will only buy linen if it's the ONLY chance I have to own a rarer poster.

T
My Personal Collection

• Post-aholic
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2017, 09:05:47 PM »
Why is it still confidential after the end of auction?  Why does it matter?

T

because it's a business arrangement between Heritage and myself.

That's exactly why.  I got burnt before and never again.  I will only buy linen if it's the ONLY chance I have to own a rarer poster.

T

yes. that's the only reason

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 09:08:25 PM »
Did you get $400K hammer for something you only had stickered at $240K?   faint2.gif
Cause that is really kicking butt.
many auction houses have never even had a single $100K hammer, and Heritage is doing it seemingly every auction.  notworthy.gif

you've outed me. I paid $14 for that poster in 1949 when I was in Italy on vacation and to pick up the 12 Action comics #1's I had stored there in a vault beneath Trevi Fountain. They're still mint. Heritage will sell those too.........

-------

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 09:50:04 PM »
My HA Sig slim pickings... 

The big one is obviously the French Beauty and the Beast which I got the day before through a private sale and won't receive until September.  Folded, mint.  More later.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline basemem

• Hobbyist
    • Poster Collector
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 02:47:36 AM »
Great posters to start off the month.

Like the Moulin Rouge, Mel. LOA and SW HS are nice posters as well Thierry.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2017, 02:09:56 AM »
So who else bought from the HA sig auction?  C'mon, don't be shy, show us your goodies.

T
My Personal Collection

• Post-aholic
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2017, 04:59:59 AM »
So who else bought from the HA sig auction?  C'mon, don't be shy, show us your goodies.

T

I won teh argentinian Scarlet Street 39x55 or whatever size the double is

-------

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2017, 06:15:38 PM »
I just received this Dracula's Daughter HS from the first release of 1936, unrestored and in very good condition.  I've been looking for the OS for some time, so in the meantime this poster will have to do.  I always loved how moody and atmospheric those haunted eyes are...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2017, 08:14:40 PM »
As always, Benjamin.....  clap clap

notworthy.gif

-Jeff

guest4955

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2017, 09:03:10 PM »
Grey in the LA Times today...

T

It looks especially impressive in the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1vfGDOM4yo

guest4955

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2017, 09:08:09 PM »
I just received this Dracula's Daughter HS from the first release of 1936, unrestored and in very good condition.  I've been looking for the OS for some time, so in the meantime this poster will have to do.  I always loved how moody and atmospheric those haunted eyes are...

Congrats!

The HS is BETTER than the 1S IMO:

https://movieposters.ha.com/itm/horror/dracula-s-daughter-universal-1936-one-sheet-27-x-41-/a/7128-86251.s

But the 3S is the real winner:

https://movieposters.ha.com/itm/horror/dracula-s-daughter-universal-1936-three-sheet-41-x-81-/a/7035-83085.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

guest4955

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2017, 09:10:29 PM »
My HA Sig slim pickings... 

The big one is obviously the French Beauty and the Beast which I got the day before through a private sale and won't receive until September.  Folded, mint.  More later.

T

Always thought the HS was the best Star Wars 4 MP....congrats...