Author Topic: Current releases chat...  (Read 84443 times)

guest4955

Re: Current releases chat...
« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2018, 03:56:19 PM »

guest4955

« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2018, 10:53:28 PM »
Yawn, just talkin' to myself I guess... ;)

Big Lebowski returning to 600 theaters Aug 5/8, I'll be there!

https://nerdist.com/big-lebowski-20th-anniversary-why-the-dude-abides-endures/

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/tcm2018-the-big-lebowski-20th-anniversary

30th Anniv of Bull Durham tomorrow!

KC said Mickey Mantle oddly thought it was "sad"....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdhzKKFDo_E&list=PLs4hTtftqnlBrM40FwhWc4kDYBcaDVp6Y&index=14&t=0s

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #152 on: June 15, 2018, 12:55:04 AM »
I actually enjoy these posts, especially when you post upcoming posters.  Problem is, most of the time, they don't exist, so I can't buy them.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest4955

« Reply #153 on: June 18, 2018, 09:49:10 PM »
Lotsa hype over $180 million US opening for Incredibles 2, WAY above estimates. Still a kid's movie IMUO.

Found this abstract MP somewhere (not on Ebay);

Reminds me of:

guest4955

« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2018, 04:59:56 PM »
The next Alphamale duo!

guest4955

« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2018, 09:14:15 PM »

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2018, 09:31:14 PM »
I really enjoyed Unbreakable, Sundance.  I'm surprised and very excited to see Glass!  Thanks for the heads-up.  Okie

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #158 on: July 13, 2018, 06:38:36 AM »
I really enjoyed Unbreakable, Sundance.  I'm surprised and very excited to see Glass!  Thanks for the heads-up.  Okie

Make sure you watch 'Split' ahead of 'Glass' as that is the other character featured in the poster (the chap in the middle).

guest4955

« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2018, 08:44:41 PM »
I busted this in social media world! This old(ish) 49yo man remembered the 2003 3D MP:

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #160 on: July 16, 2018, 11:43:19 PM »
Make sure you watch 'Split' ahead of 'Glass' as that is the other character featured in the poster (the chap in the middle).
Will do, Tob.  I didn't know there was a Split movie.  Thanks for the heads-up.  Okie

guest4955

« Reply #161 on: July 17, 2018, 02:50:30 AM »

Coming 2019-05-31 ... “atomic breath”:

guest4955

« Reply #162 on: July 17, 2018, 03:15:23 AM »

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/skyscraper-box-office-stumble-is-dwayne-johnson-overexposed-1127192

The Rock ... is bombing due to “overexposure”?

Funny, I usually skip the celebrity interviews on Colbert but did watch his. They gave him “superstar” treatment, 15 minutes talking. But he spoke just one sentence about the movie - “to hell with the movie, let’s drink more!” Then they ran a scene for 2 minutes. Funny ... but bad promotion.  Doh.gif

guest4955

« Reply #163 on: August 05, 2018, 01:13:43 PM »

guest4955

« Reply #164 on: August 06, 2018, 07:32:55 PM »

guest4955

« Reply #165 on: August 06, 2018, 07:36:24 PM »

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #166 on: August 07, 2018, 10:19:58 AM »
Am surprised Mission Impossible: Fallout has not been mentioned.

What a superb achievement.  An action film that absolutely demands of the audience to bloody well pay attention.

Tom Cruise is absolutely nuts in his endeavours.  I wish the film all the plaudits and profits it deserves.

Want to see it again.

guest4955

« Reply #167 on: August 07, 2018, 12:00:30 PM »

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #168 on: August 08, 2018, 05:06:16 AM »
Am surprised Mission Impossible: Fallout has not been mentioned.

What a superb achievement.  An action film that absolutely demands of the audience to bloody well pay attention.

Tom Cruise is absolutely nuts in his endeavours.  I wish the film all the plaudits and profits it deserves.

Want to see it again.

I saw it last night and thought it was brilliant. The action scenes are so well done, it's really exhilarating to watch on the big screen. Perhaps the best blockbuster I've seen for a while.

I know Cruise has his quirks and is a bit of a punchbag for people, but you have to give him credit for his commitment. The helicopter scenes, the jump where he broke his ankle, the HALO jumps - proper stunts that carry weight and look/feel so much better than CG.

Here's a little vid on what they did for the HALO jump scenes

<a href="https://youtu.be/2BnOebsDtAQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://youtu.be/2BnOebsDtAQ</a>

https://youtu.be/2BnOebsDtAQ

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #169 on: August 08, 2018, 10:02:57 PM »
To me, Tom Cruise always delivers something enjoyable regardless of the overall film.  Here's a story I was told around Days of Thunder filming time in Florida:   A friend from college told me a few days after it happened that her friend working on the film brought Tom Cruise home for a meal.  "Hi Mom, I brought Tom home for lunch." Her friend's mom thought she recognized Tom from somewhere.  The mom made them something like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches of which Tom enjoyed and was very gracious.  Somtime later mom found out from her kid she had PB&Jed Tom Cruise.  It was still a fairly small town community once you got out of the touristy Daytona proper back then.  Okie

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #170 on: August 08, 2018, 11:58:38 PM »
To me, Tom Cruise always delivers something enjoyable regardless of the overall film.  Here's a story I was told around Days of Thunder filming time in Florida:   A friend from college told me a few days after it happened that her friend working on the film brought Tom Cruise home for a meal.  "Hi Mom, I brought Tom home for lunch." Her friend's mom thought she recognized Tom from somewhere.  The mom made them something like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches of which Tom enjoyed and was very gracious.  Somtime later mom found out from her kid she had PB&Jed Tom Cruise.  It was still a fairly small town community once you got out of the touristy Daytona proper back then.  Okie

This very much sounds like him.   thumbsup.gif

T

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #171 on: August 09, 2018, 12:55:28 AM »

No one looks like Sharon Tate.  But I have to say that Tarantino was very smart in casting Robbie.  She comes close.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #172 on: August 09, 2018, 03:50:47 AM »

I had to look up 'PB&Jed'...  Splendid.

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2018, 10:27:01 PM »
No one looks like Sharon Tate.  But I have to say that Tarantino was very smart in casting Robbie.  She comes close.

T

Smart because she is as hot as it gets.

My lord she is something.

guest4955

« Reply #174 on: November 13, 2018, 10:40:42 PM »
Caught an excellent interview of 66yo Dan Ackroyd by 86yo (!) Dan Rather, who has enjoyed a second career as a "music journalist" (also TV/film actors occasionally) on "The Big Interview" on AXS-TV:

Highlights:

+ They're working on Ghostbusters 3, thinks Murray will commit, sounded like it's NOT stuck in development hell but we'll see
+ praised 2016 reboot but it was too expensive and is a "closed" door
+ he's faded from public view but still very lively and funny, did great impersonations of Jimmy Carter and Nixon
+ said greatest regret was "blowing off" Belushi's last call bc he was burned out by Belushi's benders
+ he credited "corporate compassion" for reinvigorating his career; he was given "Dr. Detroit" movie after Belushi's death, which kept him busy and whence he met his still-current wife, even though movie flailed
+ he had happy childhood but believes he has mild Tourette's Syndrome which "speeds up his mind" and instills creativity
+ like many celebrities he was hawking his "pure chemical free" vodka brand (Crystal Skull):