Author Topic: Big doubt about ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK ebay winning auction  (Read 3992 times)

Offline Monster Poster

• Beginner
    • Monster Poster
Big doubt about ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK ebay winning auction
« on: July 15, 2017, 10:24:12 AM »
When I cam out of work yesterday I checked my phone and I had  an ebay notification for an ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK rolled poster. I tried my luck and won the auction for less than $100. I tought that may just did a good deal.

Then I checked the question nsection   for this item and I notice that the seller is not accepting any return. As a seller I always accept returns  and will do everything I can to satisfy a buyer when it needs to be done. I told myself that should ask few question to this seller before sendind him money.Since this morning  We are sending each other messages by the EBAY site:

This is the Ebay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Movie-Poster-1-sheet-034-Escape-from-New-York-034-Kurt-Russell-/232397393139?nma=true&si=s7HueIklHkutGS6Xj2RZPGfMob4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

My first message to seller is:

I just read that you don't accept returns sir. In this case I will need more clearer and detailed pictures of this poster without any blurry plastic sleeve, showing all the details and dimensions.

I am about to pay $85 for this and I noticed you never used the word original to described it but you listed it as one original.

Fisrt answer messge from seller is:

You should ask for such before you bid. If you don't want the poster, no problem.

Than ME :

I never said that i dont want the poster. The ebay rules says that you have to accept returns if something is wrong the item. It is unsual that you dont accept returns for such less details on the poster with a shady picture . I ask you something very simple to do before closing this sale. I spent few thousands on original movie posters in the last months. Is your poster is an original theatrical release for escape from new york.

Than HIM:

there are no studio markings on the poster....so not sure if its what you are looking for.

Than me:

I needed to see if the white trim is all arround the poster, the dimensions in inches and a picture for the overall condition of the poster instead of weak pictures showing the light reflecttion of a platic sleeve.

You might  say that I should have ask for all the details before bidding . But let me know your thoughts  about this situation and I should mamage this situation.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 11:29:36 AM by Canadian1sh »

Offline originalcinemaposters

• Collector
Re: Big doubt about ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK ebay winning auction
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 11:41:45 AM »
I would say that you should have asked all of these things prior to bidding!

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 12:03:55 PM »
I would say that you should have asked all of these things prior to bidding!

I have to say I agree with originalcinemaposters.
By bidding first, it's the chance you are taking.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 12:15:10 PM »
Then I checked the question nsection   for this item and I notice that the seller is not accepting any return.

I honestly don't give a shit whether the seller accepts returns or not.  If the item he's selling is not properly described, or if the picture is not clear enough, I involve Paypal and get my reimbursement.  Plus negs if I get any hassle.  Paypal has ALWAYS reimbursed me.  I don't have time or patience for sub par sellers.

Also, if he can't bother posting a good picture, you shouldn't bother with him and cancel the sale.  There are plenty of those posters around.

T
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 12:17:57 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 12:20:27 PM »
What T says.

If he has listed it in the originals category, go through with the purchase. If it's not original when you get it, open a PayPal claim and return it at the sellers cost.

Offline Monster Poster

• Beginner
    • Monster Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 12:25:07 PM »
I just sent me clearer pictures and told me the dimensions are 27x40.

It was listed as an original US posters but I did not send the money yet. I began asking details before closing the sale.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 12:39:44 PM »
I happens.  He can deal with it.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Monster Poster

• Beginner
    • Monster Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 12:57:30 PM »
thanks guys, case closed and it's a brand new day to bid on something else.

Martin

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 09:59:24 AM »
I just sent me clearer pictures and told me the dimensions are 27x40.

It was listed as an original US posters but I did not send the money yet. I began asking details before closing the sale.

Hey Martin, could you post the better pix that the seller sent you? From the ebay pic, in the bag, it looks like the bottom border was curled or folded under?

And with no NSS info, then its likely the studio style OS. And maybe he measured it without including that inch of the bottom border, resulting in him saying it was 40" rather than 41"?

Did you end up buying this? Or did the deal fall thru?

« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 10:04:46 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline motsm

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 03:46:45 AM »
For future reference, every eBay seller must accept returns for items not as described, and they pay return shipping costs in those cases. When a seller says they don't accept returns, that simply means you can't change your mind within the return window out of buyers remorse, or any other personal reason and return an item that was properly described.