Author Topic: What do you have ?!?  (Read 121675 times)

guest8

What do you have ?!?
« on: September 16, 2010, 06:27:53 PM »
Here is my receiver .. Its a good entry level HD minded receiver

http://www.us.onkyo.com/model.cfm?m=TX-SR605&p=i&class=Receiver

My Harman JBL Speakers (cost more than the receiver :P)

http://www.amazon.com/JBL-Channel-Surround-Subwoofer-SCS500-5/dp/B0012LKJ48

MEDIA HUB!! Ok, yes its a PS3 .. But a PS3 is the nicest BD/Game System/Media Streamer on the market !!

http://reviews.cnet.com/consoles/sony-playstation-3-metal/4505-10109_7-33031902.html

Projector! Beautiful and Bright HD picture !!! These can not be beat when it comes down price/sq inch !!!

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?sku=V11H336120&ref=r0302DRGXA

Lastly .. The screen .. 120" of awesomeness!!! A bit of a pain to put together but for the price it was well worth it !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230509862260&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
Re: What do you have ?!?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 06:37:39 PM »
Home Cinema plus 1. excellent stuff.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 11:11:29 PM »
Arcam receiver, Monitor Audio HT speakers, LG Blu-Ray, XBOX 360 and a Sony projector with a 92" diagonal screen.  I think you guys have seen these pics before...

PROJECTOR ON THE WALL (HIDDEN)

SCREEN PULLED DOWN (AND SPEAKERS)

Here is a link to the full tour of my posters and theater room for those that missed it:

Farwell Tour Thread

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 02:19:31 PM »
That To catch a Theif half sheet is fantastic Harry, never mind the set-up.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 02:29:29 PM »
Thanks Paul!  Its my favorite paper for the film... I love how Grace's hair flows smoothly into the courtyard lights.  The 6-sheet is the only other poster with the artwork like this.  For the rest of the posters they split the two halves and displayed them over-under.

guest8

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 03:06:52 PM »
I do like how you hid your projector there .. I was thinking of recessing mine into the wall but then Id have to do that will the whole cabinet which I could do but the more I think about it the more I realize its a crap ton of work too :P I think I remember you posting pics before too showing off your retro style .. It is pretty awesome ! Keep it up !!

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 03:34:59 PM »
That To catch a Theif half sheet is fantastic Harry, never mind the set-up.

Thanks Paul!  Its my favorite paper for the film... I love how Grace's hair flows smoothly into the courtyard lights. 

Thats what I thought too. Love Grace....Though that set up is pretty sweet. Thats a beautiful house Harry.

I do envy you guys and your giant screens  8)

guest8

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 03:40:36 PM »
I do envy you guys and your giant screens  8)

Six months ago I wouldnt have dreamed Id have a projector .. I was always "have to have an LCD .. blah blah blah" .. :P Now I watch the projector more than I do my LCD TV !!! :D

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 06:54:18 PM »
I have a couple of setups actually, one that I brought to Japan and one that I dont trust movers with.  So, what I am using right now is:

Sammy 63" DLP
Marantz SR8002 receiver
Oppo BDP83 BD player w/ hacked all zone chip
Squeezebox (network music player and wireless bridge)
KEF XQ series floorstanding speakers
4 Mirage Ominsat surrounds
Mirage OMD-C2 center channel
SVS PB-13 Ultra Sub
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 07:46:55 PM »
Who's got more money in their setups than in their poster collection?

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 01:58:33 AM »
Who's got more money in their setups than in their poster collection?

I am pretty sure I do, though the exact numbers seem to be foggy for some reason.....
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 03:31:24 PM »
I just bought the Epson 8350 and a Da-lite 106" manual to drop in front of the 65" sammy DLP. The wife doesnt know yet, just gonna set it up in the basement and see how long it takes her to see it. We primarily watch stuff upstairs in the family room, but my son has been spending time downstairs on the PS3 and watching stuff so I figured screw it, I wanted to try front projection for a long time now, so get in cheap and play for a while until I can get a fixed screen up. Our setup will never be right cause the basement is open behind the theater area and no way to close it off.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 04:03:36 PM »
That is a sweet projector... you (and your son) will be quite happy!  Its hard to go back to a 50 or 60" screen after getting used to so much screen area.  You will be going from a 65" screen with 12.5 sq. ft of viewing area to a 106" screen with with a whooping 33.4 sq. ft of area!  Almost three times as much area! 

Enjoy and post some pics after it is setup.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 10:34:14 AM »
I always thought I would not have enough ceiling height for a projector with 7' ceilings downstairs, but the epson is unreal in placement options with the lense shift. I have a Sanford and Son setup right now, waiting on a mount to arrive. I wish I would have tried this years ago. Will not buy another TV for this viewing spot, that is for sure. Of course now I start looking at upgrading amps and speakers and everything else!

Speakers Onix Rockets x7, the fronts are the 750's. Company went belly up due to the owner being a crook, but they made some damn fine speakers for the money while they were alive.
Outlaw 750 amp, Acurus a250x3 for the fonts
Sunfire true sub signature
PS-3 for blu
Pany hd-dvd collecting dust
Onkyo Pr-SP885 driving the ship

Looking at  ;D
Emotiva 350x7 whenever it releases
Marantz AV7005
JTR Speakers

If you cant tell, I am a bang for the buck kind of guy!

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 10:51:30 AM »
If you cant tell, I am a bang for the buck kind of guy!

Pictures please!  I've definitely heard good things about the Rockets and the Outlaw.  And I have a definitive sub which is very similar to your Sunfire.

Nothing wrong with bang-for-the-buck.  For everyone who thinks a nice system will break the bank, just know that you can get some killer bargains over at www.audiogon.com

I have a 12 year old amp that will probably wipe the floor with any modern amp under $1.5K.  Sure it only has dolby digital decoding, but so what... it has 5 channel input and my Blu-ray player (LG BD390) decodes all the latest codecs and puts them out over 5.1.  It also does not switch HDMI inputs (or any video inputs for that matter!), but my $40 HDMI switch from monoprice does... and even switches digital audio!  You can probably get a used amp like this for $200 these days.

Same for speakers... along as they aren't damaged, awesome speakers from the 1970s will still be awesome speakers.  Unlike solid state amp technology (which does progress at a decent pace), speaker technology is relatively stable.  Go to audiogon and pick up some 5-10+ year old speakers from some OCD audiophile (who probably took great care of them) who needs to have the latest and greatest. 

You can put together a pretty epic system for well under a grand these days...

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 10:58:50 AM »
Harry i prefer youre kinda build as you go audio setup,some remarkable results are achieved this way.

Stew

(Someone should really come up with a better term than build as you go..how about B.I.Y..build it yourself?)  ;D

Stew

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 11:08:31 AM »
You Brits have access to some sweet equipment that is much more difficult to get in the US!  The bulk of my system is British... monitor audio and arcam.  It is so silky smooth.  Just the other afternoon my wife and I sat on the couch and listened to Pink Floyd The Wall, Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here back to back to back... it was awesome!

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 11:13:07 AM »
In 5.1,,doesn`t get any better..are you sure youre not a limey Harry ?  :)

Stew

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 12:30:03 PM »
Harry i prefer youre kinda build as you go audio setup,some remarkable results are achieved this way.

Stew

(Someone should really come up with a better term than build as you go..how about B.I.Y..build it yourself?)  ;D

Stew

They did Stew, Back in the old'n days we called them "Separates".
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 07:40:58 PM »
Ok, let me preface this by stating this is the warehouse/poster work/store Dales crap area of the house! As you will see with the 1960's paneling, we did not invest a lot of money in what was to be a storage area  ;) The projector is going to get ceiling mounted and will put the cables through the ceiling to be a little less ghetto setup in the future.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 07:49:26 PM »
The best things start from small seeds ddilts..is your subwoofer rear ceiling mounted?,if so,my humble advice is to make sure its located front centre...home cinema is unbeatable at the moment..

Cracking Bud..

Stew

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 07:55:23 PM »
Sub is the little black box in the lower right corner of the last picture. Lot of output, took a lot of moving around to get it in a spot it didn't vibrate everything audibly. Probably 1 thing I never will upgrade, I see people with subs the size of a small car, I just dont have the room and honestly the only time I can get everything really pumping is when I am home alone anyway!

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2011, 11:44:07 AM »
Just pre-ordered a pair of Emotiva XPA-5, Acurus and Outlaw are on the way out. Balanced connections, equal power all around.

http://emotiva.com/xpa5.shtm

Mikewarrior

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 06:07:16 PM »
Dale... Is that a de-lite High Power screen?

I need to take pics of my stuff

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2012, 06:22:37 PM »
I have a Hi-Power and love it.  It greatly minimizes screen waves (which all pull-downs have) and the light boost is awesome.  It's like watching a giant flat panel.