Author Topic: Baby Driver  (Read 6086 times)

guest4955

Baby Driver
« on: July 01, 2017, 08:27:25 PM »
Let's start by posting a Twitter review by Mr. "I kissed my gorgeous sister for luck" himself:

guest4955

Re: Baby Driver
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 08:41:38 PM »
It's absurdly well-reviewed by critics (86/100 on Metacritic) and its users (8.6/10).

Trailers here:

https://trailers.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/baby-driver/

Posters here (see Fantastic Film Posters thread for my faves):

http://www.impawards.com/2017/baby_driver.html

guest4955

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 09:06:37 PM »
I saw it today in a primo theater - damn theaters have dramatically improved in the last few years, esp. sound systems.

No doubt it is an uber-cool, almost rock-n-roll soundtrack musical. Not just a fancy-drivin' action vehicle, although there is plenty of that.

The main character Baby drives getaway cars post-robberies. But he's uniquely-flawed, since he has ringing-in-the-ears from his parents' fatal car crash. He listens to music on his iPods to help. He meets an impossibly-cute waitress who is equally obsessed with music. His foster parent is deaf.

His heist boss is played impeccably by Kevin Spacey. His heist gang members (inc. Jamie Fox) are well-rounded, intriguing sociopath stone-cold killers.

Many laugh-out-loud lines, ex. "he puts the 'asian' in 'home invasion.'"

I give it an A-. knocking it only for too-much relentless action and excessive gratuitous violence. (Baby's cohorts ice 10-15 good guy cops and security guards.) My favorite scene was the sublime first-date in a laundromat scene.

'Nuff said. How did y'all like it?

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 10:02:24 PM »
Haha!  I have to wait. 

The whole family, 12 kids, 7 adults, is seeing the Minions tomorrow morning and I'm paying for it all.  Why am I always the one paying :(

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest4955

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 06:48:02 AM »
Haha!  I have to wait. 

The whole family, 12 kids, 7 adults, is seeing the Minions tomorrow morning and I'm paying for it all.  Why am I always the one paying :(

T

Thems the breaks when you gots the fat wallet....

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 07:19:07 PM »
Yeah, great, at $20/adult and $15/child... you do the math.  My wife always does that.  Drives me nuts.

But we all had a great time, which is priceless, so there is that.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)