Author Topic: July 2017  (Read 24205 times)

guest4955

Re: July 2017
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2017, 04:09:12 AM »
Finally some US classics:

JB1:

More French....

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2017, 05:10:28 AM »
They are all boob-a-liscious  thumbsup.gif

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2017, 08:57:52 AM »
Good catch with "It's Alive" Jeff, I love those 1970s Larry Cohen flicks (my fav is "God Told Me To").

Thanks, Benjamin and I like these flicks, too. Perhaps not the best, production-wise, but they are still fun to take in and watch every now and then. And the red IT'S ALIVE title font really stands out, too.

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2017, 02:07:13 PM »
Wow, watch out folks, Melvin's on the loose.

Some nice stuff there.  Like The Walking Stick, Le Comte de Monte Cristo, Darling, The Unholy Wife and Trapeze.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline motsm

• Beginner
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2017, 01:45:43 AM »
It's not "incredibly" rare but it is a somewhat rare poster. I've only seen a couple besides the one I have. Up close it's a great design, but then again Tongdee painted it.
Thanks for the info. Really makes me wonder how many posters I haven't even seen for some of my favorite movies.

guest4955

« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2017, 11:14:13 AM »
BAD NEWS:

My crazy Round 2 war-on-APF-and-my-wallet is ending on one front. I've bought 15 French 1Ps, surpassing my quota of 12 for my French 1P frame so finis:

I have absolutely no clue what this film is about. Does it matter?

This pushes the "good taste" limit, but I sometimes like "implied" edgy posters, like the Italian Repulsion....

Not buying big bucks US horror posters as in yonder times, but splurged a bit for this one for a change of pace.

N'achete pas d'affiches d'horreur américaines en gros dollars américains, mais il a plu un peu pour celui-ci pour un changement de vitesse.

I'll bet my slangy English didn't translate too well, did it "T"?

A very cool optical illusion MP. This was the only XL image I could find, tough to see the effect:

There's no excuse for tiny pics on the net circa 2017 but....

Love the ORIGINAL and new TV series, hated this despicable movie, but bed1 prevails...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2017, 11:23:48 AM »
Just a FYI, the Brides of Dracula is a re-release.  I hope you didn't spend too much.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest4955

« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2017, 11:27:35 AM »
Can't decide Steve will be pleased or displeased about the b**b exposure on this one....

Tried to win this much classier MP but some *^%$& beat me....

http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&auction_uid1=4709824

guest4955

« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2017, 11:35:15 AM »
Just a FYI, the Brides of Dracula is a re-release.  I hope you didn't spend too much.

T

$180 for stellar French re-release "fine art"...

Bought it off eBay, matched price of recent HA sale...

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2017, 11:42:38 AM »
Can't decide Steve will be pleased or displeased about the b**b exposure on this one...

Pleased, grrrrreat.  thumbsup.gif

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2017, 11:52:05 AM »
After dropbox died I haven't shared much. But here is a three-sheet
for Satellite In The Sky
I liked the the colors on this and am kinda a sucker for spaced themed posters.

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2017, 11:58:38 AM »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2017, 04:46:18 PM »
Nice Lost World.  So hard to take a picture of that one, because it's so dark and thick, but it would look great in a light box.  I don't collect lenticulars anymore, because ultimately they are not made to last, but this one feels more durable than the rest.

T
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 10:29:18 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2017, 10:11:40 PM »
After dropbox died I haven't shared much. But here is a three-sheet
for Satellite In The Sky
I liked the the colors on this and am kinda a sucker for spaced themed posters.

Nice 3 sheet there, Jason. I like the duotone style, too.  thumbup

-Jeff

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #114 on: July 26, 2017, 11:09:34 PM »
Thanks Thierry. It is in wonderful condition. The thicker ones definitely hold up better. Less flexing and thus less strain on the two layers I assume. Yeah some just start leaking the UV adhesive and dont hold up. Are any of yours leaking or bubbling? I assume you saw them during your last move. And yes it looks amazing in a light box. But be warned make sure your lightbox doesnt warm the lenticular. Hopefully soon I will have a custom lightbox for my lents that has plenty of cpu fans to keep the lenticulars cool. And not led, not a fan of leds for lenticulars. I bet your twins would go nits for lenticulars.

Jeff thanks man. Its a keeper and will be on the wall for a while shortly. BTW I am totally willing to trade it for your Mecca Cigarette ad you stumbled into.  ;)

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:17:56 PM by jedgerley »

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #115 on: July 27, 2017, 09:17:10 AM »
Love that, Satellite in the Sky Jason! Congrats on the score.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #116 on: July 27, 2017, 10:53:16 AM »
Are any of yours leaking or bubbling? I assume you saw them during your last move.

I trashed a few a while back that were not in upmost condition, but I didn't have that many to begin with.  If I remember correctly, a few started leaking and became sticky around the edges.  I saw Jurassic World when I moved and it was fine.  So were The Day After Tomorrow and a few others.  The worst was Monster House.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline gargoyle67

• Hobbyist
« Reply #117 on: July 27, 2017, 12:28:00 PM »
Slowing down a little but got those through the other day>

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2017, 12:59:45 PM »
Slowing down a little but got those through the other day>

That Heat & Terminator   thumbsup.gif

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2017, 01:04:57 PM »
Great looking Predator 2 poster there, gargoyle. Congrats on the pickup.  cool1

-Jeff

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2017, 01:13:56 PM »
The worst was Monster House.

T

Thierry
Oh boy Monsterhouse can be messy. I have the bus shelter Monsterhouse and holy crap talk about leakiness. It is so bad. But it is amazing at this size.
Robert from spotlight displays and I both found out the hard way about the Monsterhouse. We both had it framed and hung. Both leaked out of the frame and dripped on our walls and and in my case my furniture.

Chris wasssssup!
Thanks for the comment man. Eagerly awaiting your next Horror Hammer pickup!
Hey are you paying for dropbox? I see that you are still able to embed images.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2017, 01:19:55 PM »
Thanks for the depressing news on the lenticulars. I havn't looked at any of mine in ages, just have them all together sandwiched between cardboard pieces. Suppose I have a big pile of dung sitting there.  Might just send them all to Bruce, hate storing them and quit buying as well. PITA to ship too!

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2017, 01:29:22 PM »
Thanks for the depressing news on the lenticulars. I havn't looked at any of mine in ages, just have them all together sandwiched between cardboard pieces. Suppose I have a big pile of dung sitting there.  Might just send them all to Bruce, hate storing them and quit buying as well. PITA to ship too!

Most are just fine. No worries Dale. Only a few trouble makers that leak and those only tend to go bad if they are exposed to heat. Like the Monsterhouse I mentioned. Most are just fine.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2017, 02:13:38 PM »

Yep, out of the lenticular collecting altogether.  No mas.  If you think of how they are made, it makes sense that they are not supposed to last.  It's not paper.  It's plastic and glue.  Expose them to a little bit of heat, and you're done.  Not for me.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2017, 02:18:38 PM »
Most are just fine.....

Yes, I got worried when I first heard about premature deterioration in lenticulars. The half dozen I have are all fine (oldest is 24 years old) so I suspect it is a heat/humidity issue.

Mark