Off-Topic Discussion > Board Issues, Suggestions, Updates, Questions & Fixes

Photobucket SUCKS ASS! Any other photo hosting site suggestions?

(1/20) > >>

Monster_A_GoGo:
I just got a notice from Photobucket that they are stopping 3rd party hosting---meaning all of the images I have up on this site will no longer be visible...unless I buy their package for $399 per year. SCREW THAT and F-YOU Photobucket. My thread will disappear soon---thank you Photobucket! This totally bites.

Anyone know where else we can migrate that hosts for free?

Thanks!

MoviePosterBid.com:

--- Quote from: Monster_A_GoGo on June 30, 2017, 12:29:25 AM ---I just got a notice from Photobucket that they are stopping 3rd party hosting---meaning all of the images I have up on this site will no longer be visible...unless I buy their package for $399 per year. SCREW THAT and F-YOU Photobucket. My thread will disappear soon---thank you Photobucket! This totally bites.

Anyone know where else we can migrate that hosts for free?

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

FREE is getting tough.

I suggest for 50-100 a year, you can rent your own shared server and host a website & whatever else you want to between 10-50GB

erik1925:
I just saw this, too.

That's why the forum banner is no longer there.

Nice of them to do this without any email notice or warning.

They are going to have people the world over royally PO'd, more for the fact that it seems to have done without any courtesy warning or reminder to upgrade or lose 3rd party hosting, say after 30 or 60 days, for example.

Lame business practice, for sure.

erik1925:
Im sure the complaints will continue to pour in here, too:

http://blog.photobucket.com/status/

Im not sure which is worse... the kitten gif or the speedometer...  :P

Monster_A_GoGo:
And...i've disappeared. Fine! People will be pissed and Photobucket will just go away... I'm NOT paying $400 a year (times 2 as I have 2 accounts!).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version