Author Topic: How K. Haggard fooled/swindled several top collectors in 2007-09 with fake MPs  (Read 16542 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Then why would the court find otherwise?

the court made no findings about Todd, nor was he accused of any impropriety that I am aware of

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

guest4955

The court simply adopted/accepted the facts - which only peripherally mentioned Fiertag - set forth in Gresham's motion for summary judgement because it was not opposed by Haggard who was in jail.

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
the court made no findings about Todd, nor was he accused of any impropriety that I am aware of

As Mel posted:

image upload

Does it get any more black and white than that??

• Post-aholic
my understanding is that is a misinterpreation and that Todd did nothing more than point at someone who could print posters, not as any conspirator to any crime. Another way to see this Louie, is that Todd is not charged with anything and no one is trying to get any money from him.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
As Gresham said to me.. Haggard was looking for a high quality printing service and Todd F recommended someone to Haggard. That was the extent of Feiertag's involvement, or "enlistment of services."

And the reason that Haggard originally wanted to find a high quality printer?

According to Gresham, (and before the scandal), Haggard owned the top 2/3 of a Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman 6 sheet. Feiertag owned a copy of the missing section. Feiertag said Haggard could make a copy of that missing section and he accompanied Haggard to the printer where that part was printed, so that Haggard could complete his 6 sheet.

Haggard then went back, ON HIS OWN, to the same printer and had the fake repros printed up, at a later time.

As Gresham put it, "Todd unknowingly & accidentally created a monster in Haggard" (when the later idea of ptinting & creating these fakes began to take shape in Haggard's mind).

-Jeff

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
my understanding is that is a misinterpreation and that Todd did nothing more than point at someone who could print posters, not as any conspirator to any crime. Another way to see this Louie, is that Todd is not charged with anything and no one is trying to get any money from him.

So the fact that the court said these two jokers "produced" counterfeit movie memorabilia means nothing? Jesus, Rich. You read 1000 times more into a Trump tweet.   

• Post-aholic
So the fact that the court said these two jokers "produced" counterfeit movie memorabilia means nothing? Jesus, Rich. You read 1000 times more into a Trump tweet.

Louie, what Jeff said above is correct. He unwittingly hooked up Kerry with the printer. That's all

-------

guest4955

Cinemasterpieces Sean alerted me to another case against Haggard, this one filed by Ronald Magid in 2009. Magid claimed:

Haggard denied the allegations and filed counterclaims against Magid:

Magid denied the counterclaims but just a few days later filed for bankruptcy, thereby ending the case.

guest4955

Sean also sent me links to EMP's images of Haggard's fakes:

What do y'all think of them?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Magid was also a part of the original suit, as well.

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
Cinemasterpieces Sean alerted me to another case against Haggard, this one filed by Ronald Magid in 2009.

if you mean Sean Linkenback, he is not associated with Cinemasterpieces.
if you mean Cinemasterpieces, you mean Dave

-------

guest4955

if you mean Sean Linkenback, he is not associated with Cinemasterpieces.
if you mean Cinemasterpieces, you mean Dave

Yes of course, doh!

guest4955

Sean also sent me links to EMP's images of Haggard's fakes.

I should add these fakes were sent to EMP for informational purposes only. EMP never sold any of Haggard'd fakes to its knowledge. It began an auction for one but that auction was canceled.

guest4955

Here's Gresham with a Mummy 3S (Hammett's I presume):

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
I'm surprised he's not looking for a way to get it off the wall and out the door. This whole mess could have easily been avoided if Haggard just told the truth and sold his stuff as high quality repros instead of being incredibly greedy. Did he really think he could pull it off and nobody would notice? Idiot.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
I'm surprised he's not looking for a way to get it off the wall and out the door. This whole mess could have easily been avoided if Haggard just told the truth and sold his stuff as high quality repros instead of being incredibly greedy. Did he really think he could pull it off and nobody would notice? Idiot.

I guess he saw way too many $$$$$ floating in front of his face... either that, or when he saw how great a job Jaime Mendez had done on the fakes, the idea was born that if those fakes fooled Haggard himself, he might be able to to get away with fooling other collectors, too.  :-\

-Jeff

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
This whole mess could have easily been avoided if Haggard just told the truth and sold his stuff as high quality repros instead of being incredibly greedy. Did he really think he could pull it off and nobody would notice? Idiot.

Yes, and if Madoff had simply told everyone he wasn't really investing their money, people wouldn't have lost billions.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
It's the greed factor again. He probably got away with it once, nothing was noticed or questioned, and maybe he figured if he could do it once, why not again? And again, and again, and again until he felt safe and thought he was in the clear with a big pile of dough while he laughed at all the suckers he swindled.

Sure, if he was honest he wouldn't have the money, but he also wouldn't have seen the inside of a jail cell. Or have a permanent criminal record. Dumbass got what he deserved.