Author Topic: The Coyote 1955????  (Read 3727 times)

Offline Taniaedurne

• Hobbyist
The Coyote 1955????
« on: June 14, 2017, 03:23:46 PM »
I was walking and a store.
They had weird things but at the bottom of the shop something caught my attention. A poster of the Coyote. Is looked very old it seemed a lithograph, made photos and saw that it had been glued to a wood or a hard carton, photos are not very good in reality had very good colors.
At home I have researched a little and the truth that is complicated there isn't many references about this movie and the poster. I've just discovered is the 1955 and which is Spain thought it was a Mexican poster.

I think that it is impossible to restore the poster to be attached to the cardboard or wood.
The poster was hung in the store, I hope that I can report if you know something of this poster.
I have attached photos of the poster and a Herald that I found on the internet.

http://www.magcine.valladolidweb.es/carteles/E/pages/EL%20COYOTE%20-%201955.htm

Offline CJ138

• Collector
Re: The Coyote 1955????
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 05:43:00 PM »
I know nothing about that particular poster, but I imagine if it has been mounted for a very long time, there is no hope in removing it from the backing. 
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 02:18:28 AM »
emp sold a linen backed poster for the sequel to the El Coyote movie, with the same director and actors, called LA JUSTICIA DEL COYOTE (1956)

It sold in 2011, for $160.00

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/archiveitem/13766740.html

« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 02:21:25 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 03:04:20 AM »
Thats a lovely poster Jeff, the buyer must be happy with that purchase
- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)

Offline Taniaedurne

• Hobbyist
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 01:13:51 PM »
Great poster and best price notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

Offline roddyq

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 04:55:35 PM »
A little history for you to check out. I have some of the lobby cards for 2 of movies.

The Coyote's Justice / Coyote Justice 1956

The Coyote's Justice (Spanish: La Justicia del Coyote) is a 1956 Mexican-Spanish western film directed by Joaquín Luis Romero Marchent and starring Abel Salazar, Gloria Marín and Manuel Monroy. It was a sequel to the 1955 film The Coyote.
Credits Wikipedia

The story of Coyote began when the writer José Mallorquí suggested his wife Leonor a free adaptation of El signo del Zorro (1940), a film by Rouben Mamoulian that he was passionate about.

Taking the basic elements of Zorro, he set his creation in a later period of Californian life, for which he documented it in depth. Editions Cliper began the publication of Coyote novels in September 1943.

Little by little, the readers got acquainted with Don César de Echagüe and his secret identity, also knowing his beloved Leonor de Acevedo; to Guadalupe, daughter of Julián Martínez, the butler of the Echagüe; and the mute and illiterate servant Matías Alberes.

In 1945 Cliper published the Coyote West 1946 Almanac, which included chromos and illustrations by Francisco Darnis and Francisco Batet. It was a prize for the fidelity of the readers, who by those dates came to exhaust editions of 60,000 copies. The good sales index of the aforementioned almanac facilitated the creation of a comic magazine about the masked hero. The comic El Coyote went on sale in 1946, reaching 189 editions.

In 1954 Mallorquí began to make radionovela scripts, and one of them dedicated it to his character. Around the same time, the film company Unión Films acquired the rights to produce two films, El Coyote (1954) and La justicia del Coyote (1954), which director Joaquín Luis Romero Marchent shot at the same time. The two were based on a script by Jesús Franco and were starring Abel Salazar. Years later, at the peak of spaghetti-western, the Spanish-Italian co-production El Venngador de California (1963), by Mario Caiano, with Fernando Casanova in the role of Coyote, premiered.

Comments and references

"The actual birth of the Spanish Western in sound movies," writes Carlos Aguilar, "through the diptych consisting of El Coyote and La Justicia del Coyote. It was shot in Titulcia by Joaquín Romero Marchent after the abandonment of the initially designated director, the Mexican Fernando Soler, given that it was an unofficial co-production with Mexico, and written by Jesús Franco based on an old script by Antonio Abad Ojuel, who Once I had known other versions, because the project had existed for some time and was about to materialize in the hands of such disparate filmmakers as Florián Rey and León Klimowsky ".

"He was born in Madrid - Aguilar adds on the director's behalf - on August 26, 1921, with the full name of Joaquín Luis Romero Hernández Marchent, and he is part of a family devoted to the cinema in its majority. (...) Linked to The profession, therefore, always and forever, Joaquín Romero Marchent is a filmmaker of great interest, an interest that is analyzed by analyzing the three main blocks, equally aesthetic and industrial, that comprise his work. opera prima ', the police comedy Permanent Court (1953), until the beginning of the 60s (...) Although they belong, chronologically, to the first block, El Coyote (1955) and La Justicia del Coyote (1955), they anticipate , generically, the second.

Since it consists of the systematic cultivation of the Western, inaugurated for the Spanish sound cinema precisely by the aforementioned diptych, adaptation of the popular character of José Mallorquí. Such specialization, by the way, allows this second block, which covers the whole of the 60s and arises in the form of co-productions, can, in turn, be divided into three others. "