Author Topic: New member hello  (Read 4428 times)

Offline simplycrumpy

• Beginner
New member hello
« on: June 08, 2017, 04:49:55 AM »
Hi, the dream would be to own a London coffee shop/poster gallery and sit sipping great coffee watching people admire/comment on (and maybe buy!)my treasured posters! I also tear my hair out at friends who buy ikea prints for their walls pointing out they could have an original poster on their wall for the same money, that maybe noone else even owned!

My faves are anything with striking 60's imagery (some photos attached) so I love Czech and polish posters from that period! Some obvious standouts are a Wicker man English one sheet, taxi driver polish, umbrellas of cherbourg japanese but often I'm drawn less to the fame of the film and more to the image!

Recently I accquired an actual piece of original film poster artwork from Russian poster artist Tsarev (Blue poster vertical writing). Hand painted from cold war era 60's Russia it even has the artists notes/scribblings on the back.  It's a wonder to behold and quite exciting to own but was wondering if anyone knew what sort of value this rarity would have?

Mike
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 05:38:32 AM by simplycrumpy »

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
Re: New member hello
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 04:54:14 AM »
 welcome1

Look forward to seeing your posters - enjoy the forum plenty of great people here to discuss all things posters with
- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 06:14:38 AM »
Welcome to the forum. It is clear you've a good eye for poster design and I think you've made a great start with your collection.

Mark

guest4955

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 08:22:52 AM »
Welcome to APF! This one is especially lovely:

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 09:07:33 AM »
Welcome aboard. We are delighted to have you. Nice stuff. We all look forward to seeing the rest of your collection,.

CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 12:14:28 PM »
Sounds like a great idea for a business...

Welcome to the forum.. welcome1
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 12:44:44 PM »
 Welcome3.gif, Mike.

Glad to have you and enjoy the forum. Great selection of items from your collection that you posted and the original, Russian artwork, done in blue is really eye catching. And the hand written notes on the back are an extra perk. Congrats on acquiring that piece.

Looking forward to seeing what others grace your collection, too.

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 02:04:37 PM »
Welcome.