Author Topic: Most expensive restoration companies  (Read 7241 times)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
Most expensive restoration companies
« on: June 02, 2017, 04:18:18 PM »
What are the most expensive restoration companies in your experience? Need for insurance quote.

Thanks
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Most expensive restoration companies
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 04:20:07 PM »
I'd say that Poster Mountain would near the top of that list.

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 04:26:09 PM »
I'd say that Poster Mountain would near the top of that list.

They were my first thought as well. Just not sure who would be good for a second.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 04:32:56 PM »
They were my first thought as well. Just not sure who would be good for a second.

Posterfix??  ;D

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 04:34:37 PM »
Maybe check out places like Studio C?

Lumiere (Mario Cueva) and Fourth Cone do wonderful work, but are possibly lower.

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 04:50:34 PM »
Maybe check out places like Studio C?

Lumiere (Mario Cueva) and Fourth Cone do wonderful work, but are possibly lower.

Have not looked into Studio C but will, thank you. I have always found Mario more than reasonable when sending anything outside.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 04:52:55 PM »
Do you happen to have a link for Studio C? Their site does not seem to be working for me, maybe moved?
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 04:57:40 PM »
Do you happen to have a link for Studio C? Their site does not seem to be working for me, maybe moved?

I tried it, too and it wasn't connecting. This is the url I used: http://www.atstudioc.com/
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 06:01:21 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 02:48:02 PM »

Mike, the Studio C url/site is back up and working.  cheers

-Jeff

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 05:03:31 PM »
What are the most expensive restoration companies in your experience? Need for insurance quote.

Thanks

Mike, is this for those damaged posters that you showed in your other thread, with the badly crunched edges?

And did u get in touch with Studio C?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 05:05:14 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 03:52:35 AM »
Yes, it is for the damaged posters, need for the insurance.

Did not bother with Studio C, found another, don;t remember which off the top of my head that I used.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2017, 02:01:18 PM »
Good luck on that insurance claim, Mike.

-Jeff

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2017, 02:40:00 PM »
Mike

I have a question for you. You are filing a claim for the posters you paid $450 for, is that correct?

if so, why would the insured value as concerns any claim be above $450, regardless of whether they can be restored by linenbacking or not?

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2017, 10:06:36 AM »
Mike

I have a question for you. You are filing a claim for the posters you paid $450 for, is that correct?

if so, why would the insured value as concerns any claim be above $450, regardless of whether they can be restored by linenbacking or not?

I honestly have no clue what the deal is. The shipper is an idiot and that is a nice way to put it I am just doing what is requested and biding my time before I sue them. It is a UPS claim and I see no way that they are going to pay since there is no packaging damage whatsoever. I am sure the shipper is also looking for a way out that is cheaper than paying the full amount.

I will be adding there name to the forum for places to avoid soon.
Just bleach the bitch!

• Post-aholic
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2017, 01:22:06 PM »
I honestly have no clue what the deal is. The shipper is an idiot and that is a nice way to put it I am just doing what is requested and biding my time before I sue them. It is a UPS claim and I see no way that they are going to pay since there is no packaging damage whatsoever. I am sure the shipper is also looking for a way out that is cheaper than paying the full amount.

so they asked you to find out about getting the posters restored?

let me ask other questions, what is so valuable abut the lot? what posters in there make it worthwhile?
would you make money selling them in the condition they are in?

if you can make money with the posters, just ask them to give you back half maybe

did you use a credit card to pay? If so, file a claim.
as to damage, if the posters were not in this condition when you bid, they have a responsibility, up to the $450 paid for the items.

make it easier on yourself, just make them an offer. how much is your time worth if it keeps going on

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2017, 01:43:35 PM »

Mike, Im a little confused. (often am..lol). These posters that you received were all rolled and got that edge damage but were also not linen backed. If the cost of the lot was 450.00 and lets say it's determined to be 50% or even total loss by the insurance company, why were you needing restoration estimates?

At most, the money you would get back would be the full price you paid for the posters, right? The insurance co. wouldn't pay for any restoration to be done, I dont think?  dontknow.gif

I guess I'm missing where the restoration quotes come into play.

In any case, good luck, and hope it's all resolved soon.

-Jeff

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2017, 04:26:33 PM »
so they asked you to find out about getting the posters restored?

let me ask other questions, what is so valuable abut the lot? what posters in there make it worthwhile?
would you make money selling them in the condition they are in?

if you can make money with the posters, just ask them to give you back half maybe

did you use a credit card to pay? If so, file a claim.
as to damage, if the posters were not in this condition when you bid, they have a responsibility, up to the $450 paid for the items.

make it easier on yourself, just make them an offer. how much is your time worth if it keeps going on

The shipper in question has been an ass since moment one when they started out with a shipping quote, from other thread "Yesterday I received a quote on shipping said posters, mind you it's only a few one sheets, for a whopping $110.76. It is broken down as $58.36 in materials, $46.75 in shipping from NY State to NJ, carrier not noted, plus $5.65 insurance which tells me it's likely USPS." . They then were a pain in the ass on every turn and I still wound up paying them $50 to ship to NJ using the packing method I requested which they confirmed verbally over the phone. This after already having them lie to my face more than once on costs and other fictitious claims about the price of shipping the tube. What I received was the below images, also from the other thread. By the way actual shipping cost not including any discounts they have for being a shipper comes to $15 (From UPS site) plus the tube, their labor, etc.

At this point they have pissed me off to the point they have earned my full dedication to getting everything I paid back not a partial. As to lost value, what does the below poster, ET advance rolled nice and clean, go for without any damage vs. crushed edges that go into the background area 3" - 4" in one spot including color loss? I estimate the grade to have dropped, in Bruce grades, from Very Good to Fine to borderline Good. If that was not annoying enough I have waited years to cross this one off my list wanting only a high grade rolled copy, not linen backed. I got a poster for a very good price along with five other first run rolled E.T.'s that are now all trashed nicely, the regulars took the worst of it going from also VG/F to Fair to Good with even more substantial damage, because they stated they would ship using my methods, same as Bruce, HA, etc. use and completely ignored them shoving them in a tube bare with a little tissue paper in the ends for protection. They are trying to push through on the claim with UPS even though they know the claim will be denied because the package is in perfect shape and are still running me around. If any company deserves me going for every penny they do just for principal.

Jeff, no clue why they want quotes, I gave them a few sites and said have fun getting quotes is your problem not mine. I also told them no matter what you do the cost just to basic linen back the one sheets will be more than the paid value of the package and shipping. Like everything else they don't listen. The most I would get back is the price paid for the posters plus shipping.

Just bleach the bitch!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2017, 04:31:33 PM »
Thanks, Mike.

And every time I see your pics of this shipment, I want to  crying then,  headbang.gif and finally  clint.gif 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 05:12:46 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2017, 05:13:33 PM »
Mike, some observations

#1 by the grading of almost every dealer except 1, that poster would grade a C-7 or C-6/7 and is still a valuable poster.

#2 as is mentioned in their shipping quote to you, their maximum exposure is $450

#3 the post office will not pay any claim, because it wasn't the post office that caused the damage, it was insufficient packaging. This is 100% all on the company, who should make a refund from petty cash

#4 what the value of the poster was/is/will ever be is not significant. If it was a Frankenstein one sheet, their exposure is limited by what you paid, not what someone else will pay if the poster was not damaged in shipping

these are just some realities. I bought an $800 poster on ebay once for $1.99 (true story). this valuable window card was shipped in a bubble wrap envelope & turned from C-8 to C-2. That value was meaningless. My refund was $1.99 + shipping. (I still sold the poster for $350)

If it was me, I would simply ask them to refund 1/2 my money and move on (or something like $200).
You're still going to sell the poster for some good money & make a profit and consider all the aggravation you would save yourself

when I do stuff (that involves $) the equation is: cost vs time vs profit.. or something to that effect

once the cost of my time outweighs any other benefit, I just move on, because from that point on, it's all a loss.

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2017, 05:21:35 PM »
by the way, if you get a full refund, do you also expect to keep the posters?
in insurance parlance, the object is "to make you whole again" aka, to get you back to where you were prior to any incident
that would be with you sending the posters back and getting your $450 + the $56 they charged you + your cost to return the material.
that's back to where you were.

-------

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2017, 05:22:04 PM »
Appreciated but this has nothing to do with the actual values, I know what their maximum exposure is and am not looking for more. This poster was to be part of my permanent collection of unbacked high grade pieces not resale so that part is irrelevant. Why is it worth my time? Because they have earned the headache by running me around from day one. They do not even want to talk money or payoff until they exhaust their insurance options which is their way of wasting my time. In the end I will be satisfied.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2017, 05:28:51 PM »
That actually pretty well sums it up Rich, I am not being made whole or even part. I have gotten bs and run around from day one.
Just bleach the bitch!

• Post-aholic
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2017, 05:33:41 PM »
Appreciated but this has nothing to do with the actual values, I know what their maximum exposure is and am not looking for more. This poster was to be part of my permanent collection of unbacked high grade pieces not resale so that part is irrelevant. Why is it worth my time? Because they have earned the headache by running me around from day one. They do not even want to talk money or payoff until they exhaust their insurance options which is their way of wasting my time. In the end I will be satisfied.

cut an run. get your refund and forget abut it. sell the posters (or keep them, whatever) and move on. You aren't dead yet (or at least, you are undead for now) and most likely will find another copy at some point. If not, it won't kill you, because you are undead

but is the aggravation worth it? It just causes indigestion.

-------

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2017, 05:43:53 PM »
I think you are missing the point, I can't cut and run. There is no refund, there is nothing at all accept them shoving bs down my throat. If I had a refund I wouldn't be worrying about it. Right now I have very damaged posters, they are worse in person trust me, and not even talk of refund. They just keep playing the insurance game waiting out the clock there for when ups comes back and says they won't pay for it. Once that happens then maybe they will talk refund.
Just bleach the bitch!

• Post-aholic
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2017, 05:45:51 PM »
I think you are missing the point, I can't cut and run. There is no refund, there is nothing at all accept them shoving bs down my throat. If I had a refund I wouldn't be worrying about it. Right now I have very damaged posters, they are worse in person trust me, and not even talk of refund. They just keep playing the insurance game waiting out the clock there for when ups comes back and says they won't pay for it. Once that happens then maybe they will talk refund.

how did you pay them? Credit Card? Paypal? Just file a complaint.

-------