Author Topic: Wonder Woman  (Read 7186 times)

guest4955

Wonder Woman
« on: June 01, 2017, 03:38:43 AM »
The posters are pretty cool and it's getting great reviews!

Check out "Director Patty Jenkins Narrates a Scene From ‘Wonder Woman’":

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/31/movies/patty-jenkins-narrates-a-scene-from-wonder-woman.html

She says the movie is an homage to 1978's Superman.

WW was the best element of the not-so-great Batman v. Superman!

guest4955

Re: Wonder Woman
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 05:50:55 PM »
Saw WW today.Very solid B+, in league with the best Superman/Batman movies.Gadot and Pine are excellent. Pine has a very funny gratuitous male nudity scene.

It takes place during WW1 and the film accurately portrays the grim war environment and civilian suffering.

WW is a powerful goddess, nothing like the campy 70s TV series.

The best line is the movie occurs when one character comments "I'mboth frightened and aroused" by WW's prowess.

Near the end of the movie there is a shocking, unexpected, and unprecedented plot development. I agree it was the right call given all the circumstances.

I knocked it down to a B+ b/c 75% of the movie is WW kicking ass and taking names. More character development would have been better.

But it is well-worth your time to see it.

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 11:49:00 AM »
I saw WW last night.

Overall I thought it was a very solid origin story. Gal Gadot and Chris Pine were excellent! My biggest complaint was near the end and the big showdown. Felt more like the end of Matrix Revolutions where nothing was at stake. Even given that, best DCEU film since Nolan's Batmans.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 11:50:46 AM by jpicken »

guest4955

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 03:18:34 PM »
Glad you liked it J. Yep, the ending was typical superhero fare.

I've decided I'm going to see it again, this time in 3D. I haven't seen a movie twice in theaters in decades.....

It held up well at the BO:

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 05:23:21 PM »
Pretty darn good.  I saw it opening night in IMAX 3D.   8)  It has some great moments, and Wonder Woman, aka Ms. Gadot is hot...almost a goddess.   wynk

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 01:45:05 PM »
I really liked it too.  Very well done.

And a nice ad campaign too.  Here's what I have so far.

Bus Shelters:

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 07:40:13 PM »
Also, I had trouble with Thewlis.  I just saw him in Fargo and I couldn't help thinking about his disgusting teeth the whole time he was on screen.  He's a great actor, but seeing him in Fargo and Wonder Woman back to back didn't work for me.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest4955

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 09:50:01 PM »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 09:59:52 PM »
The only "Wonder Woman" for me is Lynda Carter.  bed1

-Jeff

guest4955

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2017, 06:12:56 AM »
Director Patti Jenkins revealed that her father, like Steve Trevor in WW, had been killed in a plane crash.

Jenkins said. "It is literally the story (of my dad). I found it was only a beautiful, wonderful thing to have Wonder Woman and have her guide through this world to be something I did understand and also admired."

Jenkins said that she kept her personal connection to the character a secret for so long, because, "I didn't want people to go on set and be nervous. I'm not nervous," she said. "I'm so honored to bring him back in this way, in this moment."

On a lighter note, Gal Gadot has said she was on the verge of quitting acting when she won the role of WW. She learned she won the role at LAX airport and started screaming uncrontollably  crying

She also imparted that she only was paid $300K ... for a movie that earned $800+ million in theaters.

But now she'll be rich and famous for life. She's rumored to get the Bride of Frankenstein role if Angelina Jolie loses interest.

guest4955

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2018, 01:11:58 AM »

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/wonder_woman/wonder_woman_1984/wonder-woman-1984-heres-everything-we-know-about-patty-jenkins-sequel-so-far-a161361

Boyfriend sidekick Chris Pine (Captain Kirk 2.0) is back(?):

Wash DC is all excited it's filming there!

guest4955

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 04:32:51 PM »

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 11:35:25 PM »
I have to admit, Gadot completely surprised me in the role: good going for her!  Beckinsale's pretty darn cool in my book, too,  Sundance!  I'm certainly not original in my thoughts here, though, I think Morena Baccarin could be a great WW. Here's a thought, what about a 1940's WW with Ava Gardner?

Okie