Author Topic: Mel: Collecting Round 2.0 begins!  (Read 50702 times)

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
Re: Mel: Collecting Round 2.0 begins!
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2017, 10:26:43 PM »
The 3 basic insurance plans - life, health, and disability - are so important.  Good to hear that you're covered, and thanks for the advice.

It's good to see you around, sharing cool stuff, your collection 2.0, etc.

cheers
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 11:16:28 PM by Neo »

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2017, 03:34:30 AM »
Welcome back Mel!
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2017, 08:04:54 PM »
After a six-year fight with Adam I’ve decided I owe him an apology. It all started in 2011 when on a Bond forum I questioned whether he actually owned a Bond print he was selling. That was thoughtless and inexcusable. I was just being a F-ing poster nerd! He ultimately sold it for 1000+ pounds but he claimed – and claims – I ruined his reputation. I don’t agree but still owe him an apology.

Welcome back Mel  welcome1

Look guys, I'm not daft - I know none of you want to hear this, but I must state the facts  imbecile.gif

Mel, you wrote to me on May 24.
I replied to you and accepted your apology with open arms and thanked you for it (it was completely out of the blue - a nice surprise!).
I told you the most important thing in all of this was your health and I wished you all the best in staying/getting well  happy1

I have not heard from you since  waiting1

Now, just like in my reply to you, it is important I correct the inaccuracies with your version of events regarding me  sm1
Your feud with me did NOT start on a Bond forum, as you still claim - I don't know where you're getting this from  ???
It originally started on MPF (instigated not by you, but T) and carried over to APF. Following many posts, both you and wonkabars then followed me to two different Bond forums  <OO

You didn't question anything in all those posts on APF, MPF and the Bond forums like you say…you actually stated your opinions of me as a matter of fact and sadly some people believed you  sad.gif

It wasn't all about a Bond print like you also say  uhno
It was about my collection and me on a personal level even before the Bond print became an issue with you.

The reason why I stated (not claimed) you ruined my reputation was because you did in fact do just that with many across the forums.
I am astonished after everything you have been through you still don't understand this  hmmm.gif

You weren't just being a poster nerd - you were far worse and I think you know that because you said what you did was thoughtless and inexcusable.
You know the score and whilst it would have been lovely for you to have acknowledged the whole truth, in the end, I again thank you for your apology as it truly meant and means a lot to me  qip

Finally, my invitation for you to visit me if you step foot in the UK again is still open, so do take the train ride from London and say hi!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 08:07:10 PM by AdamCarter1985 »
Best wishes,
Adam

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2017, 08:34:58 PM »
Welcome back Mel  welcome1

Look guys, I'm not daft - I know none of you want to hear this, but I must state the facts  imbecile.gif

Mel, you wrote to me on May 24.
I replied to you and accepted your apology with open arms and thanked you for it (it was completely out of the blue - a nice surprise!).
I told you the most important thing in all of this was your health and I wished you all the best in staying/getting well  happy1

I have not heard from you since  waiting1

Now, just like in my reply to you, it is important I correct the inaccuracies with your version of events regarding me  sm1
Your feud with me did NOT start on a Bond forum, as you still claim - I don't know where you're getting this from  ???
It originally started on MPF (instigated not by you, but T) and carried over to APF. Following many posts, both you and wonkabars then followed me to two different Bond forums  <OO

You didn't question anything in all those posts on APF, MPF and the Bond forums like you say…you actually stated your opinions of me as a matter of fact and sadly some people believed you  sad.gif

It wasn't all about a Bond print like you also say  uhno
It was about my collection and me on a personal level even before the Bond print became an issue with you.

The reason why I stated (not claimed) you ruined my reputation was because you did in fact do just that with many across the forums.
I am astonished after everything you have been through you still don't understand this  hmmm.gif

You weren't just being a poster nerd - you were far worse and I think you know that because you said what you did was thoughtless and inexcusable.
You know the score and whilst it would have been lovely for you to have acknowledged the whole truth, in the end, I again thank you for your apology as it truly meant and means a lot to me  qip

Finally, my invitation for you to visit me if you step foot in the UK again is still open, so do take the train ride from London and say hi!

Some things never change.

Btw, I just checked the thread you started over a year ago - "Selling Bond Collection."  You still have not replied to Jeff's comment, nor have you posted what is for sale or any photos - a rule that Holiday enacted. http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,10588.msg212133.html#msg212133

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2017, 10:15:59 PM »
Adam vs Mel 2.0

New rule?: Mel and Adam only talk about each other as of 2.0 (now) onwards (as differences/disputes are all past related and hopefully circumstances have now changed)

guest4531

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2017, 04:18:13 AM »

Btw, I just checked the thread you started over a year ago - "Selling Bond Collection."  You still have not replied to Jeff's comment, nor have you posted what is for sale or any photos - a rule that Holiday enacted. http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,10588.msg212133.html#msg212133

There is an African proverb saying when "When elephants fight, the grass gets hurt".    As for the facts and chain of events, can we start from the dinosaur extinction because I lost a chapter :)

But yeah, after reading this and your "selling Bond collection" thread, I can understand that not providing pictures with listing is somehow problematic... not that we don't trust you, just that it is a common rule to follow in collector forums and we all had experience once with some opportunists doing the middle-men.    Having an answer would clarified things.

Be cool, have fun, peace !!

guest4955

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2017, 06:36:30 PM »
Who says women don't like MPs? My neighbor popped into my apt. today and proclaimed:

PS Not my actual neighbor's pic - found this pic searching for "friendly neighbor"

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2017, 06:44:22 PM »
No woman will ever say that she loves a single guy's apartment unless she wants to hop in bed with him.  It will not happen.  So what are you waiting for?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest4531

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2017, 03:06:00 AM »
No woman will ever say that she loves a single guy's apartment unless she wants to hop in bed with him.  It will not happen.  So what are you waiting for?

T

For someone to remove the posters lying on the bed :)

Unless she really likes movies and art/image...  until the day you give a try and say with a nudge "You know, aside romantic movies and musicals, I also collect exploitation and sexploitation movies".   Bam !!

guest4955

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2017, 04:02:29 AM »

guest4955

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2017, 05:56:32 AM »
100 posts, I'm officially a poster nerd again!

Of coure, I posted 7,000+ times in Round 1, so I've got a long way to go....

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2017, 08:10:34 AM »
That must be the fastest to their first 100 posts too. An average of 14 a day must be a record too!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2017, 02:09:12 PM »

Ha!  How strange. Your stat shows 100 on the right...but only 98 on the left.
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2017, 06:48:14 PM »
This thread made me smile.
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

guest4955

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2017, 08:18:15 AM »
This thread made me smile.

This poster - one of my favorites from Round 1 - encapsulates this thread:

]

guest4955

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2017, 01:16:56 PM »

No, it was nothing but a long-running joke. You're not the only one who took it too-seriously. Real life intent doesn't necessarily translate well online. It's too bad most of us will never meet in person.

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2017, 06:15:03 PM »

guest4955

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2017, 01:31:41 AM »
Landed a girlfriend in 2014 who dressed as a flapper for Halloween. I inserted her pic into a 1920s flapper poster. Hey she claimed she liked it, ha-ha...

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2017, 02:10:23 AM »
Impressive flapper

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2017, 01:32:33 PM »

Nope, you're still goading me. Lovely.
I am entitled to set a few things straight and I was sincere in my corrections of Mel.
Best wishes,
Adam

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2017, 02:25:17 PM »
Nope, you're still goading me. Lovely.
I am entitled to set a few things straight and I was sincere in my corrections of Mel.

I'm not "goading" you, Adam, although you may feel that way.  Like I said, some things never change. 

H enacted the rule, that sales posts should have a list and photos of what is actually for sale, and you simply ignore it.  Did you see TheBigBoss's comment?

There is an African proverb saying when "When elephants fight, the grass gets hurt".    As for the facts and chain of events, can we start from the dinosaur extinction because I lost a chapter :)

But yeah, after reading this and your "selling Bond collection" thread, I can understand that not providing pictures with listing is somehow problematic... not that we don't trust you, just that it is a common rule to follow in collector forums and we all had experience once with some opportunists doing the middle-men.    Having an answer would clarified things.

Be cool, have fun, peace !!

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 02:49:11 PM by Neo »

guest4955

« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2017, 07:46:07 PM »
My 7yo niece text messaging me:

So funny that Internet/email showed up in 1995, the year I graduated from law school. Text messaging in 2005. Kids today it's as normal as breathing.

guest4955

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2017, 11:29:38 PM »
In my first 20 days back on APF in Round 2:

- 200 posts
- 500+ images uploaded to Pbucket
- two flame wars with other APF members.

In sum I'm just as annoying as I was in Round 1!

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2017, 11:40:12 PM »
Is this a joke?

No, this is not a joke

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2017, 11:23:07 AM »
Rats!   And I was hoping you had MELlowed :(   ;D