Author Topic: Improved website linking needed & how to insert links with current setup  (Read 3976 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

The URL function is not as easy to use as MPF's URL function.  I finally figured out how to do it using simple HTML.

First, write out the text that you want readers to see and that you want to hyperlink to another site.  For example: "Check out this Ebay sale." Select that text.

Second, click the "Insert Hyperlink" button - it's the third button from the left on the second row. What you will get at this point is this:

{url]Check out this Ebay sale[/url}

(Note: I have changed the first and last "[" to a "{" to show the actual HTML you will see.)

The URL hyperlink is useless at this point - it doesn't go anywhere.  

Third, go the website to which you want to link and copy (Cntrl-C) the link - for example: "http://hub.shop.ebay.com"

Fourth, go back to AFP and after the first URL, type "=" and paste (Cntrl-V) the website you just copied

{url=http://hub.shop.ebay.com]Check out this Ebay sale[/url}

(Note: I have changed the first and last "[" to a "{" show the actual HTML you will see.)

So it will look like this and will function correctly:

Check out this Ebay sale

So now you've learned a little HML and can paste more attractive links!  This trick also works in your profile, so you can add links there as well, like I have.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 10:56:12 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Re: Improved website linking needed & how to insert links with current setup
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 11:26:40 PM »
what I do is post the images to photobucket.  when it's uploaded, photobucket automatically gives me a link to cut and paste into the post.  i agree the image functions need the most work.  it's in progress
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.