Graphic and Fine Art Posters > Graphic/FA Posters - Latest Acquisitions

May - 2017

(1/1)

erik1925:
I had to run to the post office at lunch today and right next door is a small 2nd hand shop that i wander into, now and then. In the back, were a bunch of framed pieces of various kinds, photos, paintings, prints etc. This framed poster caught my eye. Not being a print collector, I wasnt sure what kind of print it was, meaning I didnt know if it was a commercial poster or from a place like Mondo. But for $15.00, including the frame, I decided to take a chance.

When I got back to work, I went online and looked up the artist, Graham Erwin. Turns out he did this for Mondo. It was done as an advance wilding (there are also 4 other styles by different artists) for the 2012 animation film, ParaNorman. It measures 24x36. The art design and zombie looking faces really caught my eye.

Because of the plexi in the frame i had to shoot it at a downward angle to avoid glare, so the flash made the color appear some off and too hot. Because of that, I also found an image online that shows the print straight on with its accurate color.

And the simple back frame works well with it, too.

erik1925:
From what I read about the 5 wildings that were created, they were strictly to be used as outdoor advertising. Apparently, people were encouraged to take them off walls and also snap a pic, then uploading the pic to sites like Twitter.

The complete set of posters created, as well as the final poster done by Tom Whalen, that was dropped for purchase by Mondo, can be seen here:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/check-out-mondos-six-fantastic-posters-for-laikas-paranorman/

Simes:
Going to purchase...?

erik1925:
You mean the other 4? No i wont be buying those.

Im not a Mondo (print) collector and the one i got just happened to be at the right place at the right time. And in looking at the other 4 designs, I'm not as taken with them, either. Tho, I did see that a couple of the other styles were being offered on eBay for about $148.00 a piece.

But I've found none of the style I came across that have been offered or sold recently on the bay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version