Author Topic: WTF with some people  (Read 2591 times)

Offline MyDear

• Beginner
    • PolishPoster.com
WTF with some people
« on: May 11, 2017, 03:27:53 PM »
Sorry folks, I have to ask.
I got email from a "dealer"
Google qulified it as "spam" - that's where I foudn it.
Here is part of it.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH THIS IF YOU ARE DEALER?
start of the quote:
"
I am seeking permission to put some of your posters on my website — specifically the Andrzej Krajewski posters — and when ordered by my customers, I would pay your retail price and shipping costs via PayPal, if you would ship them directly to my customers in the United States. Obviously, I would be selling the posters for a markup — probably $100 USD for a B1 size poster (plus shipping.)

I do have a couple of questions:

1. Why are the prices for the posters so inexpensive?
2. Are these originals or reproductions, and if originals, can you guarantee their authenticity? Krajewski lives not far from me here in the states; apparently, though, he has little of his own inventory.
3. Is there a flat FedEx economy fee you could quote me for shipping B1 posters to the United States?
4. Would it be possible to ship my orders to my customers without any invoice showing the price I paid, or any reference to your website? In the States, we refer to this as “drop-shipping.” In exchange for this courtesy, we are happy to pay your retail online price plus shipping costs, without seeking any wholesale discounts.
"
End of quote

So, the conclusion is:
I sell something for $25.
This "dealer" "sells" poster for $100 and he ask me to send poster to his customer after he "sells" it.

Is this normal?
I am somehow outdated if this is regualr business today..

any thoughts?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: WTF with some people
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 03:44:33 PM »
This person is writing to you as if you are some poster "wholesaler" and he then wants to add his markup.

And meanwhile, you are the one to have to package and do all the mailing?

Personally, I would pass on this. Especially, since customers can buy from you directly and not spend/be charged the additional $75.00 per poster.  :o

-Jeff

Offline MyDear

• Beginner
    • PolishPoster.com
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 03:56:43 PM »
Well, EVERY single order I send to any country outside EU has invoice with reall purchase cost. I would probably "burn" his business quickly if "his" customers receive real invoices with just 25% value of the order they placed.   
Some people simply don't know how the world works.
This is trange kind of business for me.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 04:19:23 PM »
Kryzs, I get crap like this all the time. In some ways, it's just a variation on "send me your whole inventory and I'll sell it for you and you'll get a monthly check from me and you can live a cushy life without working"

I've had more than one person asking to buy an advertising banner on my site to promote their own set sale or auction site and more than one get hostile about the refusal.

that dumbass Mexican lobby card dealer wanted a banner one time also.

it's ridiculous stuff, from people who are just looking to pocket cash, because the only work he wants to do is list your stuff and let you do all the labor

I wonder how many fools he gets to agree?

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline MyDear

• Beginner
    • PolishPoster.com
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 05:13:06 PM »
Richard, you are right, there is so many strange questions like this. But I like most those with the offer of helping my business.
Something like - I can help you selling your poters on the market for 50% share. Those people spent their lives on writing this kind of crap to any online buisiness.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 06:19:36 PM »
Richard, you are right, there is so many strange questions like this. But I like most those with the offer of helping my business.
Something like - I can help you selling your posters on the market for 50% share. Those people spent their lives on writing this kind of crap to any online business.

no doubt about it

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------