Author Topic: My (Small) Political and WWII Collection  (Read 7554 times)

Offline Kcrancer

• Beginner
My (Small) Political and WWII Collection
« on: May 10, 2017, 12:15:21 AM »
Hello,

I joined the forum about two weeks ago and figured I would share what I have collected over the past month.

My favorite poster is "Americans Will Always Fight For Liberty" by Perlin. Unfortunately, while handling the poster, a tear about three inches long occurred along the top left fold. I'm bummed, and aggravated with myself although it's not terribly noticeable in its frame.

I'm currently searching for "United We Win" by Liberman and "Someone Talked" by Siebel, but I underestimated just how difficult it is to track this stuff down at a reasonable price.

Best!

PS - Sorry about the low-res. Trying to find picture sizes that would fit within the limits.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 12:22:54 AM by Kcrancer »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: My (Small) Political and WWII Collection
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 12:24:41 AM »
I love history and even though it is not my area of collecting I truly appreciate it.  These are great.  Show us more!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 01:53:58 AM »
These are really cool, Kcrancer. I particularly like these 2, and cant wait to see more.  thumbsup.gif

The one on the left, with the dog, really pulls at one's heart.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 02:10:48 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 06:02:06 PM »

I'm currently searching for "United We Win" by Liberman and "Someone Talked" by Siebel, but I underestimated just how difficult it is to track this stuff down at a reasonable price.

The united we win is a pretty common poster so don't pay too much especially for the 20x28.  Check ebay they pop up often although less lately, perhaps because sellers were getting so little for them.  Do u buy from ebay?  The Seibel is less common and will cost more.  It appearred in a Tom Cruise film a couple yrs ago and now every one wants it (my little theory)

Cool collection and good for you for framing them.  I have a number of them as well.  Welcome!

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 03:04:16 AM »
Nice collection!  And welcome!

I am a fan of propaganda posters too. You can check out some of my Mexican propaganda posters in the Propaganda "Show Us Your Collection" section.

Your "I Like Ike" piece looks interesting. Is it some kind of fabric kerchief/scarf?  Or is it paper?