Author Topic: Blueprint Restoration and Display  (Read 2336 times)

guest4943

Blueprint Restoration and Display
« on: May 09, 2017, 09:50:13 PM »
Anyone here have any old blueprints they display?  I got some old blueprints from a historic hospital that I'd be interested in possibly restoring and displaying. 

Just seeing what kind of process that is and if anyone here is experience with blueprints.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
Re: Blueprint Restoration and Display
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 10:27:55 PM »
Anyone here have any old blueprints they display?  I got some old blueprints from a historic hospital that I'd be interested in possibly restoring and displaying. 

Just seeing what kind of process that is and if anyone here is experience with blueprints.

Blueprints are not stable and will fade over time.  They fade faster when exposed to light.  There are companies that claim to restore, but IMO, they simply create a photograph of the blueprint and say that is the restored print.
-Jay-

guest4943

Re: Blueprint Restoration and Display
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 09:22:02 AM »
Blueprints are not stable and will fade over time.  They fade faster when exposed to light.  There are companies that claim to restore, but IMO, they simply create a photograph of the blueprint and say that is the restored print.

That is unfortunate. 

I should specify, though.  While I do have an actual blueprint from the hospital campus, I also have a handful of "building plans" (not sure what they are actually called) - something similar to this:

Do you know anything about preserving this style?  I don't know if this is printed on a special paper or if it's the same as an old movie poster.