Author Topic: Hello from Northeast Texas.  (Read 9354 times)

Offline ScaryMovies

• Beginner
Hello from Northeast Texas.
« on: May 06, 2017, 05:29:58 PM »
Hello everyone!

I’ve had a small number of press stills since i was a kid.
Over the last decade i’ve added more press stills, lobby cards and a few posters to my collection.
Mainly of movies from the 1980’s with some 70s and 90s films mixed in.

I’m still very much a newbie when it comes to preservation and storage of memorabilia. But i’ve already learned a lot just from searching the forum.
This is the most informative movie memorabilia message board on the net. I look forward to learning much more from this community.

Thank you Jeff for setting up my account.  :)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Hello from Northeast Texas.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 05:50:41 PM »
 welcome1 to the forum, SM. Glad to have you and glad the registration went smoothly.

Looking forward to seeing what you've collected, too. Is your user name an indicator of the kind of stills, LC and posters that you like to collect? Lots of fellow horror lovers here, thats for sure.  devil 2

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 07:01:46 PM »
I’m still very much a newbie when it comes to preservation and storage of memorabilia. But i’ve already learned a lot just from searching the forum.

Good man.  Welcome.

Looking forward to whatever you have to say...

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 02:56:16 AM »
Welcome to the forums ScaryM, always good to see a new member join, enjoy your stay and see you around welcome1

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 03:34:34 PM »
 welcome1

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 11:32:17 PM »
Hi Scary Movies!  i just wanted to add my WELCOME  to the mix. Just make yourself at home, jump in and start asking questions/sharing/posting/etc.
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline ScaryMovies

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 12:54:48 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.  :)

Hi Scary Movies!  i just wanted to add my WELCOME  to the mix. Just make yourself at home, jump in and start asking questions/sharing/posting/etc.
You have an awesome collection thread!

Looking forward to seeing what you've collected, too. Is your user name an indicator of the kind of stills, LC and posters that you like to collect? Lots of fellow horror lovers here, thats for sure.  devil 2
Yes it is!  I have around 70 percent horror.
        Heres a few photos

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 04:49:43 PM »
Cool stuff there, SM. cool1

What size is the b/w NOES 3?

-Jeff

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2017, 08:33:08 AM »
You have an awesome collection thread!

How kind of you to say so. Thank you for looking. What is that "Halloween Monster" still from? I thought at first it was "PUMPKINHEAD". but I don't recall him getting in a tree...or having a tail. Hmm.

Welcome to the boards once again. I hope you are enjoying yourself.

CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2017, 09:25:48 AM »
Jumping in here to answer Shawn's question, that German still of "Halloween Monster" is indeed from the first Pumpkinhead movie.  The great Stan Winston-designed monster in that film did have a tail, and if I recall correctly, is shown briefly up in a tree at some point in the movie.

I join everyone else in welcoming SM to this forum welcome welcome1

guest4920

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2017, 04:21:10 AM »
Welcome ScaryMovies!

Nothing like Nightmare on Elm Street and a ridiculous mohawk, dog collar and squashed breasts to scream 80s!

I love all that campy stuff as do many others on here.  ;D

Enjoy digging through all the chats and posts. It's a great place (but between you and me, it only feeds this movie poster addiction thing we all seem to have).  laugh1

Have fun! It is a great pleasure to welcome you!

2footlong / Jamie

Offline ScaryMovies

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 02:21:18 AM »
Thank you all for the welcomes!

Cool stuff there, SM. cool1

What size is the b/w NOES 3?
It’s small, just an 8 x 10. The left side middle border of the photo has a little ripple that kind of gives it a poster look on the scan.

How kind of you to say so. Thank you for looking. What is that "Halloween Monster" still from? I thought at first it was "PUMPKINHEAD". but I don't recall him getting in a tree...or having a tail. Hmm.

Welcome to the boards once again. I hope you are enjoying yourself.

CHEERS!
You and Antoine are correct. That image is from the scene when Pumpkinhead drops that woman from the tree onto a big rock.

I’ve been having a blast just looking at all your posters!

Welcome ScaryMovies!

Nothing like Nightmare on Elm Street and a ridiculous mohawk, dog collar and squashed breasts to scream 80s!

I love all that campy stuff as do many others on here.  ;D

Enjoy digging through all the chats and posts. It's a great place (but between you and me, it only feeds this movie poster addiction thing we all seem to have).  laugh1

Have fun! It is a great pleasure to welcome you!

2footlong / Jamie

lol gotta love the campy/cheesiness of the 80s!

Yeah this is very addicting. Everywhere i look there’s posters/lobby card sets that i almost have to buy. faint2.gif

Another photo that screams 80s!

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 08:22:21 PM »
Welcome! You and I have similar taste. I look forward to seeing your collection.
Best regards,
Conor
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.