Author Topic: PolishPoster.com Authenticity?  (Read 9465 times)

guest4943

PolishPoster.com Authenticity?
« on: May 05, 2017, 03:04:37 PM »
Has anyone here ever bought from PolishPoster.com?  A couple of posters I want for display are labeled as "Limited Edition Original Polish Poster" and not much more description than that.

I don't really want to get a crappy quality reprint or something from an unreliable site, but the prices seem very affordable (for the ones I am interested in at least).

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: PolishPoster.com Authenticity?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 03:49:22 PM »
Hey wavy, polishposters.com is legit. Krzysztof, the dealer and site owner, is also a member here, and perhaps his descriptions, too, are because English isn't his first language. His username on APF is "MyDear."

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=31

Maybe PM or email him and ask about what posters you're interested in, so he can clear up any confusion.  :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 03:51:41 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

guest4943

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 04:31:44 PM »
Awesome!  Thank you! 

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 05:49:52 PM »
Hey wavy, polishposters.com is legit. Krzysztof, the dealer and site owner, is also a member here, and perhaps his descriptions, too, are because English isn't his first language. His username on APF is "MyDear."

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=31

Maybe PM or email him and ask about what posters you're interested in, so he can clear up any confusion.  :)

Krzysztof is top-notch

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline MyDear

• Beginner
    • PolishPoster.com
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 03:59:27 PM »
Thank you so much posting the question about my site on the forum.
I am possibly the first person on this planet who is against crappy reprints. I even wrote about this here on this forum.
"Limited Edition Original Polish Poster"  is absolutely different description than "reprint". In fact you can find few reprints or re-editions on my site. You simply need to search for reprint or re-edition. But these few are top quality, legit re-editions.  Most of the limited editions posters were made for me by various artists on consignment. I am editor and publisher of these posters in most cases.  And crappy reprints of my posters is something I really hate. I HATE THEM AS MUCH AS I CAN.

I am curious - what should I write if my poster is "Limited Edition Original Polish Poster"  to proof that it is  original limited edition poster. Any tips?

Best,
Krzysztof
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 04:05:23 PM by MyDear »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 04:29:32 PM »
Krzysztof, do you also sell original theatrical (first release) movie posters as well?

Are those labeled differently on your site, from the ones you publish yourself?

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline MyDear

• Beginner
    • PolishPoster.com
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 04:57:02 PM »
Krzysztof, do you also sell original theatrical (first release) movie posters as well?

Are those labeled differently on your site, from the ones you publish yourself?

Jeff
Sure, I do of course.
Every single poster I sell has original printing date in description.
Anything that has printing date before 1990 is vintage original. And some newer too. They don't have any "limited" things in description.
The problem with original old theatrical posters is that I do not add them recently to site.  I prefer to buy them.
Still have over 3,000 of them on the site but no new additions.  I should make new inventory update after I change the shopping cart system.
The best way to buy any vintage posters from me is to send questions by email.
Alternatively, you can always visit my local gallery (that's a challenge!) and see some posters in person.
here you can see how the gallery looks in real:
https://goo.gl/maps/x81nK

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 05:02:19 PM »
Sure, I do of course.
Every single poster I sell has original printing date in description.
Anything that has printing date before 1990 is vintage original. And some newer too. They don't have any "limited" things in description.
The problem with original old theatrical posters is that I do not add them recently to site.  I prefer to buy them.
Still have over 3,000 of them on the site but no new additions.  I should make new inventory update after I change the shopping cart system.
The best way to buy any vintage posters from me is to send questions by email.
Alternatively, you can always visit my local gallery (that's a challenge!) and see some posters in person.
here you can see how the gallery looks in real:
https://goo.gl/maps/x81nK

Thanks again. I figured you sold theatricals but wanted to ask, too, in case that's what the other forum member was wondering about, who originally posted.

And thanks for the extra link and imagery. What a cool looking gallery!  thumbsup.gif
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 05:05:06 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline MyDear

• Beginner
    • PolishPoster.com
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2017, 05:04:00 PM »
Big THANKS Jeff!

guest4943

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2017, 10:52:40 PM »
Thanks for the response!  I moreso was just trying to confirm if the site was legit, which it obviously is! I will be buying from your site in the near future.

Thank you for the clarification 😀

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 11:12:24 AM »
I have to admit I've always found the site difficult to understand. I find it difficult to know what is an original poster printed at the time of the films release for advertising purposes. I've normally based my decision on the price of the poster.

A lot of the content seems to be reprints of posters or limited edition prints if you prefer. I think it would be useful if the original film posters were highlighted in some way or had their own section and the limited prints had their own section to keep the two separate.

Of course the site may already have this and I've missed it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 11:14:16 AM by skyjackers »

Offline MyDear

• Beginner
    • PolishPoster.com
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2017, 11:22:46 AM »
Hi skyjackers
(cut) I've normally based my decision on the price of the poster.

(cut)A lot of the content seems to be reprints of posters

The first part tells me that I should rise the prices of all original poster times 5 so then this will be clear.

THE SECOND THING IS ABSOLUTELY STRANGE FOR ME.
I wrote above that if you want reprint - ok, I have at the moment 1 reprint (digital print) and 5-6 re-editions (offset print) on my site while site has over 5,000 posters

EVERY SINGLE poster has information about printing date,  so I am really curious about your judgment.

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 12:13:31 PM »
I'm certainly not judging you I just find it hard to navigate your site and understand what is what. I'm not trying to suggest you are doing anything to mislead people.

From browsing the site it seems there are original posters, limited edition prints of original posters and new limited prints done in the way Mondo produces prints. I just find it a little confusing but that is a judgement on me rather than you.

I've always been interested in this one but found the listing confusing:

http://www.polishposter.com/poster4753-alice-in-wonderland-tim-burton-polish-poster.html

What I find confusing is that it states 'Limited edition art poster with the film subject' but also 'Original Polish poster' To me they contradict each other.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 12:17:07 PM by skyjackers »

Offline MyDear

• Beginner
    • PolishPoster.com
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2017, 12:36:12 PM »
Thanks for more details.
The problem is probably on my side.
for me this is obvious - but this is because I know more.
The Alice in Wonderland poster is indeed limited edition poster. I am publisher of this poster. It is consignment  work.
In fact I should add "original Polish poster" to every single piece on my site as all these posters were designed and printed in Poland and they are actual offset posters, not  digital prints.  The truth is that my site in some aspects is outdated because some description are as old as 1997 (BEFORE ANY DIGITAL REPRINTS were available online)
To use term "original poster" today should mean that it is first print run (print run means that it is a publication like a regular book, magazine etc) and not digital print printed to order.
In fact the problem with original/reprint/print_to_order thing came from some dealers and ebay who simply print anything they find on the internet.
This hurts pprobably other legit dealers, the sam way as me. Some dealers who run their buisness for more than 20 years can for sure confirm that questions like "are your prints available in various sizes and surfaces?" become common just few years ago. They drive me crazy! really.

Ad as conclusion ton this I can say that every single dealer should add us much description as possible to their listings ... and from other side I am sure that this will never be enough to clarify everything.  I get really strange questions every day.

Thanks again for all your comments on this.

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2017, 02:26:47 PM »
Thanks for the info regarding the Alice poster. It seems this hobby can be a minefield for both the collector and dealer!

guest4943

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2017, 08:38:56 PM »
Thank you, guys for the additional info.  This is one I'm interested in: http://www.polishposter.com/poster4333-eyes-wide-shut-kubrick-polish-poster.html

I'm guessing that this is the same situation as the above Alice in Wonderland poster?  It is a limited edition, created AND printed in 2007 (inspired by Eyes Wide Shut and not used to advertise any movie run).  So the poster being sent is an original print from 2007.

Is that all correct?

PS, I love the Stanley Kubrick line... They are brilliant!

• Post-aholic
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2017, 08:58:42 PM »
Thanks for more details.
The problem is probably on my side.
for me this is obvious - but this is because I know more.
The Alice in Wonderland poster is indeed limited edition poster. I am publisher of this poster. It is consignment  work.
In fact I should add "original Polish poster" to every single piece on my site as all these posters were designed and printed in Poland and they are actual offset posters, not  digital prints.  The truth is that my site in some aspects is outdated because some description are as old as 1997 (BEFORE ANY DIGITAL REPRINTS were available online)
To use term "original poster" today should mean that it is first print run (print run means that it is a publication like a regular book, magazine etc) and not digital print printed to order.
In fact the problem with original/reprint/print_to_order thing came from some dealers and ebay who simply print anything they find on the internet.
This hurts pprobably other legit dealers, the sam way as me. Some dealers who run their buisness for more than 20 years can for sure confirm that questions like "are your prints available in various sizes and surfaces?" become common just few years ago. They drive me crazy! really.

Ad as conclusion ton this I can say that every single dealer should add us much description as possible to their listings ... and from other side I am sure that this will never be enough to clarify everything.  I get really strange questions every day.

Thanks again for all your comments on this.

yes.. "what region is this DVD?"
"it's a movie poster"
"the dvd comes with a movie poster?"
"no. this item is a movie poster, not a dvd"
"oh.. so you aren't selling the movie?"
"no. I'm selling a poster"
"do you know where I can look to find the movie........"

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

guest4943

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2017, 10:14:53 PM »
yes.. "what region is this DVD?"
"it's a movie poster"
"the dvd comes with a movie poster?"
"no. this item is a movie poster, not a dvd"
"oh.. so you aren't selling the movie?"
"no. I'm selling a poster"
"do you know where I can look to find the movie........"
Haha wtf, seriously? Is this from your own personal experience?

• Post-aholic
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2017, 11:34:51 PM »
Haha wtf, seriously? Is this from your own personal experience?

this type of exchange is why many poster sellers include in their description "this is not a dvd"

I wonder if Jeff remembers the guy with the sound file in his ebay listing "this is not a dvd. this is not a dvd.this is not a dvd. do not order this item if you want to buy a dvd. we are not selling a dvd. don't be stupid and buy this item if you want a dvd. this is not a dvd. this is not a dvd. this is not a dvd.".. def the funniest ebay listings ever

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2017, 01:17:40 AM »
this type of exchange is why many poster sellers include in their description "this is not a dvd"

I wonder if Jeff remembers the guy with the sound file in his ebay listing "this is not a dvd. this is not a dvd.this is not a dvd. do not order this item if you want to buy a dvd. we are not selling a dvd. don't be stupid and buy this item if you want a dvd. this is not a dvd. this is not a dvd. this is not a dvd.".. def the funniest ebay listings ever

I dont ever remember seeing that seller with the audio file... that would have been a hoot to listen to. But i do remember the sellers, some of whom still do this, with the large, colorful text stating that "the item offered IS NOT A DVD."  ;D

-Jeff

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2017, 01:21:33 AM »
Polakk , tusen takk (silly rhyme I thought of)  :P

Offline MyDear

• Beginner
    • PolishPoster.com
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2017, 02:39:35 AM »
Thank you, guys for the additional info.  This is one I'm interested in: http://www.polishposter.com/poster4333-eyes-wide-shut-kubrick-polish-poster.html

I'm guessing that this is the same situation as the above Alice in Wonderland poster?  It is a limited edition, created AND printed in 2007 (inspired by Eyes Wide Shut and not used to advertise any movie run).  So the poster being sent is an original print from 2007.

Is that all correct?

PS, I love the Stanley Kubrick line... They are brilliant!
Yes, everything is correct but I am not publisher of this poster. 
But I also have three other Kubrick posters. They are not on the site. You can se them here. These three are "mine". They were designed by young artis as her diploma work at the academy of ine arts. I liked them so much and published the set.

Offline MyDear

• Beginner
    • PolishPoster.com
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2017, 02:43:17 AM »
As for questions asked by "customers" - there is no limit.
My favorites are:
- are your designs available in different colors and sizes?
- do you also sell posters?  !!!!!!!!!!!
- is it available with subtitles

guest4943

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2017, 11:22:14 AM »
MyDear,  those Kubrick posters are awesome! 

Offline MyDear

• Beginner
    • PolishPoster.com
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2017, 01:06:09 PM »
MyDear,  those Kubrick posters are awesome!
that's why I printed them.