Author Topic: Where to sell French advertising posters?  (Read 6111 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Where to sell French advertising posters?
« on: February 26, 2019, 10:28:54 PM »
A friend of mine has a few posters like this to sell.  I don't know what they're worth (if anything) or where to sell them.  Any ideas?

T
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 10:30:47 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: Where to sell French advertising posters?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 10:38:18 PM »
Hi T,  Maybe Bruce, though high end original advertising posters sometimes seem to do well at Swann Galleries from some of the prices I've seen.  I don't pretend to be an expert in this area, though.  Okie

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 01:48:33 PM »
Thanks guys.  Helps a lot.  I conveyed the info.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline joemustang65

• Hobbyist
  • Nothing is new only forgotten (Tyla)
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 02:18:40 PM »
French art nouveau posters sell best at poster auctions international (Jack Rennerts gallery now a days) ... anything aviation related ? I might be interested in those or Belgian tourism posters )

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk