Author Topic: My NEW! Thai poster collection....  (Read 40190 times)

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
Re: My NEW! Thai poster collection....
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2020, 08:53:37 AM »
Nice pick ups! I haven’t seen those two before.

Cheers! Harry, appreciate it thumbsup.gif

I've known about these two for a little while (a year or two) but as ever finding them both and from a trusted seller was as ever the most difficult thing.

Huge Clint fan, like loads of his films, so Pale Rider was one I wanted to find as soon as I first come across the poster, as usual the Thai artwork is superb IMO.

Also delighted to find Moonraker, goes nicely next to my Thai poster for Octopussy, and again I like the fact the Thai poster has unique artwork compared to other posters for the film, plus I feel always nice to add more Bond to any poster collection :)

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2020, 05:34:15 PM »
Oh my! Sooooo super nifty. I like both but the MOONRAKER is especially appealing to me. BRAVO!!!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2020, 04:21:33 AM »
Oh my! Sooooo super nifty. I like both but the MOONRAKER is especially appealing to me. BRAVO!!!

Cheers! cheers GoGo, Glad you approve of these two ;)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2020, 11:54:46 PM »
I really like that Pale Rider image, John!  Rarity of original release Thai posters is an interesting question having lived in Thailand a bit. I think you are wise to keep your radar up on what you feel is original release, especially on Thai posters for English language movies and you are spending what you feel is a lot. I certainly don't think I'm an expert on all Thai original release poster rarity, though when there's a want, need, or desire, even for the "rare", resourcefulness seems to abound there!  Okie

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2020, 04:11:13 AM »
I really like that Pale Rider image, John!  Rarity of original release Thai posters is an interesting question having lived in Thailand a bit. I think you are wise to keep your radar up on what you feel is original release, especially on Thai posters for English language movies and you are spending what you feel is a lot. I certainly don't think I'm an expert on all Thai original release poster rarity, though when there's a want, need, or desire, even for the "rare", resourcefulness seems to abound there!  Okie

Hey! Okie, glad your liking the Pale Rider image, it's certainly already a personal favourite Thai poster of mine.

I certainly do my very best to "keep my radar up" when buying "any" posters, but, especially Thai posters, I will always try and do as much research and checking around whether it's talking to fellow collector's on these very forums or elsewhere.

It's safe to say these latest two purchases cost a decent price to say the least, but, all I can say is I'm as confident as I possibly can be about every Thai poster I've bought to date.

If I'm ever a little unsure then I will always pass on a poster, for example I was recently offered a JAWS Thai poster but was not convinced it was genuine so I did not buy it.

I should also add that as well as doing my homework on each poster I buy I also try and do as much background checks as possible on any seller I decide to buy from, so hopefully doing these two things together means I can always do everything in my power to avoid picking up any fakes/reprints etc. thumbsup.gif

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #105 on: March 18, 2020, 06:41:21 PM »
Love the Pale Rider.  I am gonna need to be on the lookout for one of those babies  thumbsup.gif
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #106 on: March 18, 2020, 09:31:24 PM »
Way to stay sharp, John!  Okie

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2020, 04:40:13 AM »
Love the Pale Rider.  I am gonna need to be on the lookout for one of those babies  thumbsup.gif

Thanks! mate ;)

I found that the Pale Rider poster was pretty tough to find, I must have been keeping an eye out for one for a couple of years approx. before I came across this one.

I wish you every success in your search to find one thumbsup.gif

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2020, 04:47:16 AM »
Way to stay sharp, John!  Okie

cheers Okie.

I have to say that I feel very lucky to have snapped these two up when I did, because the way things are heading with this rotten worldwide virus right now I have a gut-feeling it may be some time before I buy any more Thai posters with all the disruption that's looking likely to go on for months, so I feel I picked up these last two Thai posters just in time before there's lockdowns everywhere hmmm.gif

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2020, 08:16:28 AM »
Hey! all,

A couple of recent additions, nothing super exciting, but, pretty pleased to add them to my Thai collection, one poster is for a John Woo Hong Kong classic, while the other one is for a film that could only have come from the 80's and they certainly don't make them like that anymore, I just thought it was a "FUN" poster. Cheers! cheers

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2020, 10:16:30 PM »
Hi Test (reminds me when my grandpa used to tell the full service gasoline attendant to fill it up with "high test"), Congrats on The Killer.  I couldn't resist it either when I was in Thailand some years back.  It's a great image! 

Okie

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2020, 10:42:03 PM »
 thumbsup.gif

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2020, 02:22:28 AM »
Hi Test (reminds me when my grandpa used to tell the full service gasoline attendant to fill it up with "high test"), Congrats on The Killer.  I couldn't resist it either when I was in Thailand some years back.  It's a great image! 

Okie

Thanks! Okie, yes I'd had "The Killer" on my wish list for a good while and never got round to picking it up until now, as for the other poster like I said a bit of fun really and it fits in nicely with the other 80's posters I have in the collection. ;)

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #113 on: May 27, 2020, 08:51:04 AM »
Hi! to all, welcome1

Just a single poster added to the collection this time, this will almost certainly be the last poster I buy for some time (need to start saving and stop spending) this poster collecting is starting to get a bit to expensive for me especially the posters I'm interested in ;)

Anyway, if this is the last poster I buy for a while then I think it's a great! one to finish on.

Hope you all like it.

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #114 on: May 27, 2020, 11:00:51 AM »
SUSPIRIA---WOW! I'd never seen the Thai poster before, never knew it had been released theatrically there. Great poster to go out on (at least for a while...)

Thanks for sharing. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2020, 12:46:48 PM »
SUSPIRIA---WOW! I'd never seen the Thai poster before, never knew it had been released theatrically there. Great poster to go out on (at least for a while...)

Thanks for sharing. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Cheers! cheers GoGo, much appreciated, yeah I hope I'm not out of action for to long, but, sometimes you can reach a point where you have to be a little more careful.

I'll still be around on the forums though keeping an eye out ;)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 01:58:54 PM by Test1 »

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2020, 03:18:41 PM »
I second that, I'd never seen this Thai poster for Suspiria before either, and it's pretty amazing!  Great acquisition.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #117 on: May 27, 2020, 07:05:17 PM »
I’d never seen this design either, so thanks for sharing. It must be pretty scarce. Congrats to you, John! A great addition to your collection.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2020, 07:23:23 PM »
Fantastic poster!  The best I’ve seen in a long time!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2020, 10:24:38 PM »
Very cool Suspira, John!  Would you mind posting a close-up of the artist signature?  Best, Okie

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2020, 02:09:28 AM »
@Antoine1973 Thanks! mate, glad you like the poster.

@Tob Thanks! for the congrats, yes, I'd heard it's a very rare one, if some of you guys on these forums have never seen one then that certainly confirms it.

@T Much appreciated T, for you to say it's one of the best you've seen in a long time is a major compliment knowing the posters you come across, so thanks! so much for saying that.

thumbsup.gif

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2020, 02:13:16 AM »
Very cool Suspira, John!  Would you mind posting a close-up of the artist signature?  Best, Okie

Cheers! Okie.

Of course I can add a close up pic of the signature for you. :)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2020, 10:37:57 PM »
Cheers! Okie.

Of course I can add a close up pic of the signature for you. :)

Ah, no wonder the art is so nice: Tongdee!  Thanks for the signature zoom, John.  Okie

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #123 on: May 29, 2020, 02:40:08 AM »
Ah, no wonder the art is so nice: Tongdee!  Thanks for the signature zoom, John.  Okie

Indeed, another Tongdee masterclass, I could of course have just told you this info, but, as you specifically asked for a signature zoom of the poster I thought I'd just let everyone on here see the artist for themselves ;)

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2020, 11:34:09 AM »
Hi! to all welcome1

I was not expecting to update my collection on here again so soon, but, one of those "rare" chance/offers come my way and I simply could not pass it up, so I thought I would share these with all of you on the forums, I think I can guess which most of you will like best out of this lot but just for the record I love every one of these Thai posters.

You will see what we have included here is two sets, plus! a really nice "IMO" looking and tricky to find Jackie Chan poster, one of the sets is quite interesting in that it's basically a Thai lobby card 3 poster set two of which have photos from the film and a final poster with various artwork.

Anyway enough talk, I'll let you all see for yourself, I hope the pictures come out the right way round but I'll say sorry! in advance just in case they don't, hope you all like at least something out of this lot thumbsup.gif