Author Topic: From my vintage horror/sci-fi movie poster collection  (Read 21512 times)

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
Re: From my vintage horror/sci-fi movie poster collection
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2017, 09:37:23 AM »
Jeff, that poster picking out from behind is a French affiche (24 X 32) for Horror of Dracula, designed by Guy Gerard Noel.  Most of the early Hammer classics were distributed in France by Universal, hence the logo on that poster.  I have a couple of drawers where I store all my smaller posters together, which is why Dracula can be seen under Cat and the Canary in that pic.

Gorgeous... Seeing your Hammers has inspired me to get into them. Hoping to pick up my first one soon.

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2017, 04:56:48 PM »
Chris,

Hammer posters are awesome, so I'm glad that I have inspired you to pick up some.  I'm partial to the French ones (especially the great posters by Guy Gerard Noel and Boris Grinsson), but the UK quads are really good too, particularly from the late 1950s-early 1960s.  There are some really great examples from Italy as well.  I grew up watching Hammer horror on French TV, so I'm always looking to add more paper from their movies to my collection.

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2017, 09:50:04 PM »
Chris,

Hammer posters are awesome, so I'm glad that I have inspired you to pick up some.  I'm partial to the French ones (especially the great posters by Guy Gerard Noel and Boris Grinsson), but the UK quads are really good too, particularly from the late 1950s-early 1960s.  There are some really great examples from Italy as well.  I grew up watching Hammer horror on French TV, so I'm always looking to add more paper from their movies to my collection.

Benjamin,
Picked up this The Curse of the Werewolf by Noel tonight at auction. I don't frame very many of my posters, but I think this one might go up in my office. A stunner for sure.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2017, 02:08:56 AM »
AWESOME pickup, Chris!

You should post this auction win in the recent acquisitions thread, too.

I've always loved this particular G.G. Noel poster.  bed1

It's superb and works SO well, imho.

-Jeff

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2017, 09:07:46 AM »
Congrats Chris, the small French affiche for Curse of the Werewolf is in my opinion the best image for this movie.  I have mine framed as well, so I think you should go for it.  There's something about the unique combination of purple and yellow that works great.

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #130 on: May 29, 2017, 11:02:45 AM »

Thanks guys!

After looking into/researching the Hammers, this one stood out to at the top of my list as well, and just happened to be one of the first I came across. Aside from some minor border wear, the body appears to be in nice condition and the colors still bright. Pretty excited about this one.

Jeff, I'll be sure to post it in next month's recent acquisitions after I receive it. I've got a thing about posting the auction image in that thread, no real good reason for it though.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2017, 12:52:39 PM »
Thanks guys!

After looking into/researching the Hammers, this one stood out to at the top of my list as well, and just happened to be one of the first I came across. Aside from some minor border wear, the body appears to be in nice condition and the colors still bright. Pretty excited about this one.

Jeff, I'll be sure to post it in next month's recent acquisitions after I receive it. I've got a thing about posting the auction image in that thread, no real good reason for it though.

Im the same way.  ;)

-Jeff

guest4955

« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2017, 08:25:49 AM »
Congrats Antoine, another insanely great thread/collection on APF.

Back in the day I would brag jokingly about being a "5 Star Collector" but you truly are one, ha-ha.

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2017, 08:30:05 AM »
Back in the day I would brag jokingly about being a "5 Star Collector"

You weren't joking, but you are now  :P

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #134 on: June 10, 2017, 07:32:14 PM »
Thanks Mel, you have some pretty impressive posters yourself too, even after selling most of your original holdings!  Sorry to hear about your health-related setbacks, but I'm glad you're posting again on this forum as your recent contributions these past few days have been most interesting.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2018, 02:29:12 PM »
I just happened to look at Ben's thread here, again.

And for anyone wanting an eye opening view of some great horror & sci-fi posters - this is one collection/thread to take a gander at. clap clap

-Jeff

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2018, 07:00:36 PM »
Thank you Jeff, you're too kind.  I guess I should add more pics to this thread, I sort of forgot about it.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2018, 07:02:48 PM »
This could kind of be like your showcase thread where even the things you buy in various months, are all housed together.

-Jeff

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2018, 07:03:41 PM »
Here are some recent additions to my vintage horror/sci-fi collection

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2018, 07:16:23 PM »
WOW!!!  I want them ALL...especially that MUMMY sequel one sheet on top.
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #140 on: March 16, 2018, 12:24:03 AM »
So many great goodies, Antoine!  Hot dog!!!  Okie

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #141 on: October 20, 2018, 12:45:19 PM »
So many great goodies, Antoine!  Hot dog!!!  Okie

You sound like George Bailey here, Okie. ;)

Along with a shameless  bump.gif to a great thread and collection.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 12:46:36 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #142 on: October 20, 2018, 11:09:53 PM »
You sound like George Bailey here, Okie. ;)

Along with a shameless  bump.gif to a great thread and collection.

Yes, great collection for All Hallows, Antoine1973!  Also, we will be having a sort of homecoming to our house with a table to donate money on before the bank examiner halls me off!!!  Okie