Author Topic: Been away, but I finished the inventory  (Read 2243 times)

Offline digitalbeachbum

• Beginner
Been away, but I finished the inventory
« on: April 17, 2017, 08:33:36 PM »
I've been away for several months. My dad passed in Jan and then there was a big family bullshit argument about his burial and so forth. Then I lost a very close friend too, so I haven't been around. I did however finish inventorying my poster collection. I now have to convert it over to digital and then I can post it. Some of the damaged posters (I had that water leak a while back) weren't as bad as I thought they would be. I had taken care to dry them quickly and protect them with drying packs filled silica. I'm a nut about recycling so over the years I've kept those dry packs and put them in the tubes. Being in Florida I thought it would help with moisture and it has done a good job.

The one item which I'm concerned about is a four page Heavy Metal type A poster. I bought it from a comic book store which was moving and they had mounted it on a piece of ply wood. It has some damage to it from being in their store but it is still in good shape. I have no idea how they mounted it or how to get it off the heavy wood.

Once I get the entire poster collection posted I'll be interested in hearing responses. What I don't sell I'll just toss.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Been away, but I finished the inventory
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 08:51:10 PM »
Good to see you back, DBB. I can relate to how life events like that can make for a change and different perspectives and sorry to hear about your loss, as well.

Good to hear that you made it thru the inventory and now it sounds like the photography will begin at some point?

And the poster mounted to plywood.. that sounds interesting, too. Does it seem like it might have been attached with a spray adhesive? Is it totally attached to the board?

-Jeff

Offline digitalbeachbum

• Beginner
Re: Been away, but I finished the inventory
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 12:35:48 PM »
Yes, photography is next. I have a banister where I can hang the posters and take pictures. It will take some time. It is a task I've put off for too long.

As for the mounted poster, I got my A and B mixed. This is a B style.

The poster is mounted to a foam board which is mounted to a piece of plywood, which is mounted to four pieces of 2x4 forming a boxed frame on the back.
The box should be removable, it has small nails holding it together. The mounting on the foam board is a completely different venture. You can see they didn't do a great job of mounting it because there is bubbling over the years. They most likely didn't put on a even coat.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ux3dx28x6gqepeq/2017-04-26%2012.18.51.jpg?dl=0