Author Topic: New UK member here  (Read 5452 times)

Offline XboxSteve

• Beginner
New UK member here
« on: April 02, 2017, 07:34:17 AM »
Hello all.

I'm not sure where I've been hiding for the past few years since discovering the 'Black hole' (as someone on this forum put it) hobby of movie poster collecting, but all I can say is WOW!

I registered last night and have been reading posts and looking at variations of poster I never even knew existed (Jaws 2 red sunset anyone?)!
Friends and family ask what I'm into and I say I love film posters. I never knew I was such a noob :)

I have about 50 posters so far, my fav is a 1985 Fright Night Quad which I've had for a few years, followed closely by an Autographed 1-sheet from Black Hawk Down (which I really should get authenticated) - haha

I'm currently working with a reputable local framer to build some backlit frames for some of my D/S posters. It seems to be taking ages to get the first ones finished but its keeping me busy and out of trouble.

I'm looking for more places to buy posters from and if someone can point me to a post that lists these, then excellent, if not I'll keep looking. So far I've used movieposterbid, emovieposters, Heritage, eBay, etc.

So much great information here, I've learned so much in the past 14 or so hours I'm amazed. Thanks for having me!

Steve

Offline paul waines

• Curator
Re: New UK member here
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 09:28:54 AM »
Welcome Steve,  always great to get more people from the UK on here...

Most of my images have been wiped off due to problems with the bucket... moron1

Enjoy the site, there's a load of great info on here.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 12:38:36 PM »
 welcome1, Steve and enjoy the forum. There are many here who are helpful and can help point you to other selling sources - as well as those folks that have posters for sale in the Collectors For Sale board. So be sure to check those posts out, too.

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/board,5.0.html

Glad to have you and seeing more of what you have.

Have fun!!

« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 07:23:28 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 01:24:56 PM »
Hey! Steve,

Welcome to the forums from me as well, I'm also in the UK and I only joined the forums over the last couple of weeks, it's a great place to chat about movie posters with lots of very helpful people.

I've only been collecting posters for the last couple of years or so and finding this forum was a dream come true for me, I'm sure your also find it a great place to pick up lots of good advice. thumbsup.gif

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 04:07:16 PM »
Welcome Steve,

Great to see another UK collector on the forum. You'll get some great advice from the guys on the forum. Don't worry about being a noob, we all learn something new every day!

Best
Marc
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 07:19:50 PM »
Welcome fella.

You mention just auction houses in your post.  Do you buy from any retailers?  Are you looking for retailers names too?

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 12:37:42 AM »
A BIG HELLO to you, Steve! We are always happy to have new folks add on...especially those with a passion for movie posters. Thanks for posting a few pics of your collection...but we are (secretly) all waiting to see your other stuff. I hope you enjoy it here. Glad to have you. CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline XboxSteve

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 09:01:56 AM »
Welcome fella.

You mention just auction houses in your post.  Do you buy from any retailers?  Are you looking for retailers names too?

Simes, yes, other retailers would be helpful too - cheers!

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 05:28:39 PM »
Well, for what it's worth, these are the ones I peruse.

AtTheMovies
Auction Room
Bonhams
CineMasterpieces
CV Treasures
Emovieposter
Ewbanks
Film Art Gallery
Filmposters
Granada Movie Posters
Heritage
Invaluable
Movie Market
Movie Posters Bid
Movie Poster Exchange
Movie Poster Memory
Movie Poster Warehouse
Musicman Posters
Original Poster
Original Vintage Movie Posters
Reel Poster Gallery
Saleroom
Vectis
Vintage Movie Posters

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 05:46:10 PM »
Ahem timelessmoviemagic
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

guest4920

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 10:33:18 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Steve!!!

I haven't been on here that long myself and yes, you can get lost in all the great information and great conversations on here (even some of the back and forth squabbles are fun to read).  ;D

I love seeing some of the different art on the UK Quads (being here in the middle of the US myself) so post any time!

Great to have you!

And as far as one of the places I use for posters, try:
www.reelart.biz
He's here in the Midwest close to Chicago. He has some pretty great prices on different things now and then.

Good luck poster hunting!

2footlong / Jamie

Offline XboxSteve

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 09:39:15 AM »
My Poster bookmark folder just exploded :D :D

Thanks everyone.... I'm still reading.....