Author Topic: My Carry On collection...  (Read 20729 times)

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
My Carry On collection...
« on: March 23, 2017, 03:20:03 PM »
Hi! everyone,

Jeff asked if I could post my small collection of posters here, so here you go:

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
Re: My Carry On collection...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 03:21:05 PM »
and another..

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 03:22:12 PM »
another....

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 03:22:54 PM »
one more Carry On..

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 03:26:33 PM »
finally something totally different.. (sorry the picture is not great though)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 03:40:04 PM »
Looking good, John!! clap clap clap

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 12:54:58 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 03:55:06 PM »
Hey! Jeff,

Did you notice the tape on that otherwise nice condition Camping quad, I just posted this question in the restoration related thread, but, do you have any opinion on whether it's something I should leave well alone or try to get removed?

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 04:08:02 PM »
Like others have asked, John.. is the paper stained that yellowish color from the tape residue? If it's into the paper fibers, then a light bleaching could reduce the appearance, but that kind of staining is a tough critter. Others have also done that (bleaching) and had airbrushing done, to help cover those kinds of marks over.

-Jeff

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 05:29:53 PM »
One of my favourites in my collection..

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 12:52:52 AM »
Oooo John!  NICE! NICE!! NICE!!!  The CARRY ON posters are fun, but I'm especially loving the NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET and BIG TROUBLE quads. YOWZA!!!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 12:57:01 AM »
I can see why this one goes for a Very pretty penny, John! What a great image.  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 04:14:22 AM »
Oooo John!  NICE! NICE!! NICE!!!  The CARRY ON posters are fun, but I'm especially loving the NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET and BIG TROUBLE quads. YOWZA!!!

Thanks! GoGo, I'd like to maybe find a rolled "A Nightmare On Elm Street" quad one day to do the fantastic Humphreys artwork even more justice, but, this folded one still looks pretty good when framed.

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 04:22:22 AM »
I can see why this one goes for a Very pretty penny, John! What a great image.  thumbsup.gif

I honestly think if I carry on buying film posters for the rest of my life it will be hard to top this one, the artwork similar to the Carry On Screaming quad just captures the feel of the film so well, you just seem to have so much of what's in Big Trouble In Little China captured in this one quad poster, truly brilliant artwork by Bysouth it really is, I always like to try and go for these type of posters where there's a lot going on and the poster almost feels alive rather than one with a more basic image.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 08:47:00 AM »
I honestly think if I carry on buying film posters for the rest of my life it will be hard to top this one

you will, young grasshopper  :)

“If you are losing your leisure, look out! -- It may be you are losing your soul.”
― Virginia Woolf

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 12:41:03 PM »
you will, young grasshopper  :)

“If you are losing your leisure, look out! -- It may be you are losing your soul.”
― Virginia Woolf

Time will tell, I guess. ;D

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 12:42:53 PM »
Here's my UK quad for John Carpenter's "They Live" what do you all think of this one?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 12:51:50 PM »
The image of the monster in the background is super creepy on this one, John. The blood red eyes just make it! I thinks its very cool.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 12:52:54 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2017, 12:57:19 PM »
The image of the monster in the background is super creepy on this one, John. The blood red eyes just make it! I thinks its very cool.

Speaking to Eddie over on the FilmOnPaper website recently he told me from his experience that this quad is even harder to find than the Big Trouble In Little China quad in rolled condition and does not come around very often at all, I have seen it for sale on a dealers website for £365 so not as expensive as BTILC goes for but, still possibly the rarer quad out of the two.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 01:00:53 PM »
Who's the artist that did They Live? Any idea, John?

-Jeff

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 01:09:33 PM »
Who's the artist that did They Live? Any idea, John?

You can't see it very well from the photo, but just under the word "CONSUME" it has the artist's initials "B.E." I have never seen another poster by this person and know nothing about them at all.

Offline marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2017, 01:24:23 PM »
Welcome to the forum John. Although your collection is modest in scale you have some great posters.  I don't collect "Carry On" but I do have examples of your other posters and you've done well to find some of them rolled. Ed is the master of sourcing rolled quads for titles normally found folded - for his own collection I hasten to add.

Mark

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2017, 02:39:25 PM »
Welcome to the forum John. Although your collection is modest in scale you have some great posters.  I don't collect "Carry On" but I do have examples of your other posters and you've done well to find some of them rolled. Ed is the master of sourcing rolled quads for titles normally found folded - for his own collection I hasten to add.

Mark

Appreciate the welcome Mark.

Yes, I was shocked to find the BTILC quad in such good rolled condition, I only found that one recently, the "They Live" quad was also a surprising find for me, that was a year or so ago.

I know what you mean about Ed's posters, I'm totally amazed at the condition of the majority of his posters, he really has an amazing collection, I could never dream of affording that kind of collection, what I have already has been very costly for me.

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2017, 12:22:43 AM »
You are on a roll, John. THEY LIVE is also hot!  Bravo!  I have a CARRY ON poster I either recently shared or will be sharing soon. (Actually, i just checked. I'm NOT sharing it until Easter.) It's one you don't have...and not a quad. It's my first CARRY ON, actually. They are not as well known here in the USA. But the SCREAMING one has really got me interested. Bravo--and again, welcome!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2017, 01:21:10 AM »
You can't see it very well from the photo, but just under the word "CONSUME" it has the artist's initials "B.E." I have never seen another poster by this person and know nothing about them at all.

Thanks for even that little tidbit of known info, John. It's a start and now the fun can begin.  sherlockholmes.gif

-Jeff

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2017, 04:45:34 AM »
You are on a roll, John. THEY LIVE is also hot!  Bravo!  I have a CARRY ON poster I either recently shared or will be sharing soon. (Actually, i just checked. I'm NOT sharing it until Easter.) It's one you don't have...and not a quad. It's my first CARRY ON, actually. They are not as well known here in the USA. But the SCREAMING one has really got me interested. Bravo--and again, welcome!

I have to admit the UK quad for "They Live" has grown on me more & more since I've owned it, at first glance you can easily think the artwork is fairly basic, but, the more you study the poster there's a lot more going on than it first appears and lots of stuff captured in the poster straight from the film.

That's good to hear GoGo that my "Carry On Screaming" quad has got you a bit more interested in Carry On posters, I'm a lifelong fan of the Carry On series and have always enjoyed them, as with any film series there are a few dud ones, but, there are certainly more good ones than bad IMO and a few truly great Carry On films like for example Screaming, so there are plenty of good Carry On posters to pick from that's for sure, some of them are quite rare and hard to find though and some of the posters for the earlier Carry On films can be quite pricey.