Author Topic: French posters  (Read 1963 times)

guest4924

French posters
« on: March 23, 2017, 10:05:57 AM »
Hi all,

as already mentioned in my first post I discovered a huge amount of french movie posters. They belonged to a former cinema owner from Toulouse. In total there are over 50 pieces, and I would like to introduce some of them. I think it would be desirable to sell a few and to invest the money into restoration and/or framing. What do you think about this plan? Most of them have the french 1p size, the Silent Running poster is 1sh, the Metropolis pieces have other formats. Maybe you can make some estimations about their value. I already checked some of the prices at emovieposter.com, but it would be nice to get some expert opinions. Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Corrado

guest4924

Re: French posters
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 10:11:56 AM »
Cont'd. Sorry for the picture quality, next time i try to make it better  thumbsup.gif

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 12:29:16 PM »
Nice looking posters, so far, Konrad.

Please keep the pictures coming!  Egyptsmiley

-Jeff

guest4531

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 03:35:11 AM »
Nice stuff !!

Yep, if you are into posters and want some restored and framed at your place; then selling some is a solution.  Prices on emovieposter are the ones to check. You may consider selling below these prices to users here for fast and quick sale.    Another alternative is to consign all posters you want to sell at once.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 12:42:15 PM »
Hey Konrad,, if you decided to sell some of these posters in order to have the $$ to restore/back and frame others, how would you decide which ones to sell and which to keep?

Are there certain ones or genres that dont interest you as much? Which ones would those be, that would be in the selling pile?

-Jeff

guest4924

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 05:54:57 PM »
I recommended my mate to keep the Starwars and the Hitchcock poster because they are a great store of value. Moreover, he already sold the American Graffiti and the Nosferatu to a friend. He gave me the other titles as a gift for my help and on the premise of obtaining a frame for one of his 1p posters. Unfortunately, the 1p size is customized and not easy to get?
For myself I will keep the Silent Running poster and maybe one the Werner Herzog titles. I think I will sell all of the others. Probably an opportunity to revitalize my Ebay account, or maybe I will offer a lot at some point in the future. Nevertheless, I am already kind of passionate about collecting posters. I saw really great pieces here in the forum!   cool1

Attached some more pictures of the posters we found.
Cheers Konrad