Author Topic: Hello everybody  (Read 4668 times)

guest4924

Hello everybody
« on: March 22, 2017, 04:36:02 PM »
Hi APF Members,

collecting posters is actually new for me and I came across this field by coincidence.
A few weeks ago I helped a friend of mine to clean up his cellar and we discovered a huge amount of french movie posters.
He told me they come from his grandfather who possessed a cinema in Toulouse until the late 80s. We were really astonished
by the beauty of some of them and he asked me to find out more about them. This forum seems to be the perfect place to do so.
I am really happy to be a new member of this community and I look forward to learn a lot from you.  ;D

Greetings from Germany.
Corrado

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Hello everybody
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 04:44:20 PM »
 welcome2.gif to the forum, corrado88.

Sounds like you discovered some interesting posters. Will you be able to take some photos and upload them to the forum? Please do, if you can. How old would you guess the oldest poster is, that you found?

And enjoy the poster people and posters here, too.

-Jeff

Offline CJ138

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 05:09:21 PM »
Welcome! I am very interested to hear what specific titles you found!

Best regards,
Cj
Lowering the brow of APF since 2010.

guest4924

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 06:06:58 PM »
I think the oldest is from 1963 "Les Oiseaux" / "The Birds".
Surprisingly, this is probably the only one from the 60s but I did not check all the dates yet.

Among them we also found titles like:
-American Graffiti
-Nosferatu (Werner Herzog)
-La Guerre des Étoiles / Star Wars
-Silent Running (English poster)
-Metropolis (from the 80s)

I will try to upload some of them, soon.
With kind regards, Corrado

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 09:39:09 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like your friend has some great stuff. You might also want to check the archives of emovieposter.com or heritage auctions for title/values. Like the others, yes---let's see what he found. Whoo hoo! What a treasure trove. CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 08:42:27 AM »
Welcome.

Is 'Corrado' car related?

guest4924

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 10:21:48 AM »
Hey Simes,

no, it is actually a kind of nickname. The italian version of my forename (Konrad). But I also know the Volkswagen car  8)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 01:32:05 PM »
Ah.  I thought I was about to leap into a conversation about one of my favourite cars.  Ever!

Loved it.

Cheers.

guest4920

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 10:57:12 AM »
 welcome1 and good luck with sorting through all those posters!

Finding a stash like that is what most of the rest of us dream about!  ;D

guest4924

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 02:24:09 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome. In the meanwhile I inspected almost all of them and it seems like the really scarce titles were taken out. We found out that the former cinema owner acquired the establishment already in the early 50s, therefore we assume that the highlights were either sold (maybe decades ago) or they are still anywhere out there. Definitely a reason for further investigation  thumbup

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 02:28:50 PM »
Konrad, how many posters, in total, were in this discovery?

-Jeff

guest4924

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 02:59:23 PM »
Hey Jeff, I counted them for the first time just a second ago. In total there are 47 pieces. All of them are labelled (I suppose with graphite) on the back and it seems like my friends' grandfather seriously tried to save all of them. We will sort out, if there is a remaining part of the collection stored somewhere else.

Kind regards
Konrad

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 03:01:57 PM »
Hey Jeff, I counted them for the first time just a second ago. In total there are 47 pieces. All of them are labelled (I suppose with graphite) on the back and it seems like my friends' grandfather seriously tried to save all of them. We will sort out, if there is a remaining part of the collection stored somewhere else.

Kind regards
Konrad

That potential sounds uber exciting, Konrad. Here's hoping you uncover and find more hidden poster treasures.  binoc.gif

-Jeff