Author Topic: Newcomer here (Godzilla enthusiast inside)  (Read 4300 times)

guest4923

Newcomer here (Godzilla enthusiast inside)
« on: March 21, 2017, 09:31:07 PM »
Hello there members of the All Posters Forum!

I am collecting movie poster and lobby cards mainly from Scifi movies of the classic era. A special focus lies on Godzilla, which is my all-time favourite movie series.

I have a particular weakness for mexican lobby cards. In my opinion they have an extraordinarily awesome design oftentimes surpassing other countries. Other than that I really like to collect posters from obscure countries.

I live in Germany but at the moment I am spending a year in Japan (Tokyo area). Anybody know some good places to buy vintage movie posters over here?

Since my beloved collection is about 10,000 kilometers away from me, it seems that I will not be able to post any pictures of it soon. ;)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Newcomer here (Godzilla enthusiast inside)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 10:09:26 PM »
 welcome1, Plasmo and glad that you found the forum!

I think you will find many people here who share your same enthusiasm for all kinds of poster formats.

There is one member, Hicks77, who is also in Japan. Im sure he will be able to give you some tips and pointers, too.

Have fun and here's hoping you find some good pieces to add to your collection, while you're in Japan!

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 10:17:37 PM »
Hi Plasmo, welcome to the forum and Japan!  I'll send you a PM with some links :D

guest4920

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 11:17:58 AM »
Hey Plasmo,

Welcome to the forum!

Good luck with that Godzilla collection. I like some of those myself, but my sci-fi collection has strayed from the Godzilla stuff. Couldn't afford the original, but I got a nice t-shirt from Bruce for buying posters in one of his auctions!  laugh1

And I hate to admit it, but I have a couple Mexican posters of my own. I've really tried to stick to English since I can barely use that language on a good day, but the artwork from other countries continues to garner my attention.

Glad to have you as a member!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 11:05:04 PM »
PLASMO!   How are you? WELCOME aboard. We are super glad to have you here--and I am super thrilled to hear about your passion with GODZILLA. We would all love to see what you've collected thus far. I have a few posters myself---but NOT the almighty first one (yet...). Good luck on your quest.

Good luck with that Godzilla collection. Couldn't afford the original, but I got a nice t-shirt from Bruce for buying posters in one of his auctions!  laugh1

2footlong, I have one of those t-shirts, too. This is a bit embarrassing, but for a split second, i can be seen wearing it--while sitting on the toilet--in the film "LIFE IN A DAY". Ha!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline rumble

• Hobbyist
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 06:56:04 AM »
Good luck! For buying posters, you need to go to Nakano Broadway (in Nakano, you get there on the Chuo line). This is kind of a "geek mall" with lots of shops for anime, manga, collectibles, etc. There is a big well-organized poster store where you will definitely find some Godzilla stuff!

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2017, 09:18:40 AM »
Hey! Plasmo,

Welcome to the forums, :) I only joined the forums myself over the last week or so and so far I've been finding it a great place to chat as I'm sure you will to.

Offline AjTheGreat

• Hobbyist
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 12:16:43 PM »
A fellow Godzilla fan nice, welcome to the boards bro. I am going to japan in 3 months myself and cant wait, I also collect Godzilla model kits haha.

If you ever make it out to G-Fest (Godzilla Fest), make sure to look me up as its here in Chicago.

Offline AjTheGreat

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 12:17:22 PM »
Good luck! For buying posters, you need to go to Nakano Broadway (in Nakano, you get there on the Chuo line). This is kind of a "geek mall" with lots of shops for anime, manga, collectibles, etc. There is a big well-organized poster store where you will definitely find some Godzilla stuff!

Good to know, I will definitely make it there.