Author Topic: Hello Everyone!  (Read 4877 times)

Offline Posterfanatic84

• Beginner
Hello Everyone!
« on: March 20, 2017, 09:59:22 PM »
Hello Everyone! My name is Joe, and I'm addicting to movie memorabilia. Posters to be more specific. Okay, sorry about that. Really bad joke. I want to say that I'm really excited about joining the forum, and I look forward to learning from the masters. I have multiple posters, most are autographed and are either 27x40 or 11x17. I'm just starting to seriously collect, so if you have any suggestions on sources and any tips of what to watch out for, it would be much appreciated!  I know I'd love to track down an original Jurassic Park poster. I absolutely love that movie! Well, I shall bid everyone adieu before I keep blathering on. Glad to meet everyone!

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
Re: Hello Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 10:29:55 PM »
Welcome -- It's always great to see new members!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 10:45:26 PM »
 welcome1, Joe and enjoy the forum.

And feel free to ask questions and explore the various boards and threads. You will find lots of great and helpful info (and people).

-Jeff

Offline Monster Poster

• Beginner
    • Monster Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 10:48:56 PM »
Welcome to APF, so much thing to read and to learn here. I may have a Jurassic Park to trade or to sell (need to check but I used to have few). It 's also a common poster on auction. What is your latest poster aquisition Joe !?

Canadian1sh

guest4920

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 01:57:25 AM »
 welcome1
I just joined myself and thought I would welcome you.

My first suggestion would be to read the posts on bootleg posters and some of the more nefarious things that can happen to you if you don't do your research.

Everyone here has been great! I've enjoyed every minute and all the banter.

You'll find tons of information on here and the members have all been fantastic!

Nice to meet you!

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 07:36:10 PM »

What's up, Joe!

Glad you found your way to the forum. As I mentioned to you before, there is a wealth of information and folks knowledgeable about the hobby, so I'm certain you'll be able to find answers to any of the questions you might have as you venture down the black hole of poster collecting.  ;)

For everyone else... Joe has an amazing collection of film scores on vinyl records. If you're on Instagram, you should give him a follow, @film_on_vinyl (I think that's right).

Anyways, welcome again!

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 03:17:45 AM »
 welcome1
http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/item/2210.html

Hope you enjoy being part of this crazy community - look forward to seeing your posters
- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)

Offline Posterfanatic84

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2017, 07:34:03 PM »
Thank you everyone for the extremely warm welcome! It means a lot!  Canadian1sh, I recently acquired a pop up 3-D Creepshow poster! It's pretty awesome!

Offline Chris9000

• Collector
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2017, 08:11:45 AM »

If it hasn't been mentioned already, the monthly thread in the 'Recent Acquisitions' category is a great place to start showing off the pieces you pick up as you start building your collection.

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2017, 02:45:34 PM »
Hi Joe!  I second (er, third, er... seventh?) your welcome to the boards. I agree with what everyone here has already said. Everyone here is helpful, friendly and will answer questions. As Chris said, the new acquisitions thread is a great place to show us all what you've been getting. An alternative is to start your own collection thread ("Show us Your Collection"), which is what i do (in order to more or less keep track of what I have). Also, what 2footlong said about looking at the bootleg thread is very important---as there are scammers out there.  Anyway--WELCOME. We are super glad you are here.  CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 05:56:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Don't be afraid to ask for help. You'll get some sound advice from the people here.

Looking forward to seeing your collection.

Marc
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/