Author Topic: Just started Collecting  (Read 4248 times)

guest4916

Just started Collecting
« on: March 02, 2017, 01:33:56 PM »
Hey folks,
Just started to pick up a few posters. Seemed to start while wondering the box office money was made on one of my favorite cult classics Fargo. Which lead to looking for any type of memorabilia(personally not a fan of auto graphed items) so I stumbled on a few original poster for the movie. I was quite taken back buy it's price tag. Having collected vintage gas/oil/tobacco signs I had an understanding of reproduction vs original pricing. The re-pop market had made it difficult to spot originals (ebay thanks for not helping)
 But I'm mostly interested in late 80s-early 2000s poster plus the occasional family favorites (National Lampoon Vacations). I currently have around 10 poster and non framed, due to moving soon. I find the pre 1970s posters beautiful but most just don't interest me, plus their rising cost is what got me away from 1950s Texaco Signs. So if someone has some similar interests be sure to write, but noted my all and will be rolled in tubes till I can get together time and cash to frame them Thank you for a great place to share.  8)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Just started Collecting
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 01:49:34 PM »
 Welcome3.gif, Hale Road and enjoy the forum.

Looking forward to seeing what you have in your collection, so far, and there are many peeps here that are helpful, will answer questions and also collect in the same decades that you are into.

How long have you been collecting the gas, oil and tobacco signs? I know that material can also go for big bucks (i started to see and realize this from the guys on American Pickers).

-Jeff

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 02:03:57 PM »
Welcome to APF, Hale Road.
Looking forward to seeing your collection when you are ready to go.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 03:44:39 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 06:25:38 PM »
Another new person! WELCOME!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

guest4916

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 08:33:19 PM »
I've been collecting signage with my father for around 3 years. Also dealing in a few old pick ups mostly 67-72 chevy. But we have around 25 different signs between us. I'm still learning the ropes of forums so I apologize for any mistakes, also typing all on my phone. My 1977 B style (Goon depiction) Slap Shot poster and my advanced Twister, and my Fargo are my  favorites. But the I've also have some hardly worth mentioning. But the movies just make me feel so happy I wanted the poster Elf, Elizabethtown, Fever Pitch, and When Harry Met Sally. But I've learned collecting what you like no matter what's trendy is the best part of any hobby.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 08:39:14 PM »
I've been collecting signage with my father for around 3 years. Also dealing in a few old pick ups mostly 67-72 chevy. But we have around 25 different signs between us. I'm still learning the ropes of forums so I apologize for any mistakes, also typing all on my phone. My 1977 B style (Goon depiction) Slap Shot poster and my advanced Twister, and my Fargo are my  favorites. But the I've also have some hardly worth mentioning. But the movies just make me feel so happy I wanted the poster Elf, Elizabethtown, Fever Pitch, and When Harry Met Sally. But I've learned collecting what you like no matter what's trendy is the best part of any hobby.

All are worth mentioning (and showing, too, if you care to) ... no doubt about that.  thumbup

And it sounds like you and your dad have quite the signage collection going, too. It's amazing how hot that hobby is too, collecting-wise.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 08:41:05 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff