Author Topic: March 2017  (Read 37612 times)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
Re: March 2017
« Reply #225 on: March 31, 2017, 05:24:06 PM »
Thanks  Paul, I have 4, just wondering if I am missing the other 6 or if they were not printed.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #226 on: March 31, 2017, 07:29:05 PM »
Marty how come I can't see you pics/images?   dontknow.gif

Offline Posterfanatic84

• Beginner
« Reply #227 on: March 31, 2017, 07:34:46 PM »
I love that Miss Peregrine's poster! It's pretty great!

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #228 on: March 31, 2017, 09:19:52 PM »
that Alien: Covenant poster is fantastic

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #229 on: March 31, 2017, 11:44:53 PM »
Hey Posterfanatic84. I am guessing (after flipping through the entire March thread) that you are referring to my MISS PEREGRINE poster from the beginning of the month. THANK YOU for noticing it and leaving a little comment.

Okay, it is finally March 31st---REALLY this time. As soon as it hits APF midnight I'll be posting my usual 1st o' the month thread. Since I posted a preview (accidentally) yesterday, here is a BONUS preview (and to make things more interesting (and so that most of the thread isn't ending up here as a preview),  I've added BONUS postings to my thread...so expect more than the usual 10. Here is the BONUS sample:

WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE:

My new post will be up in a few minutes. Happy FAREWELL to March everyone and HELLO to April!

CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Online skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #230 on: April 01, 2017, 07:48:03 AM »
Love that Alien poster.

I've been trying to track down some Miss Peregrine Character posters but they don't seem to exist as a full set. I did pick these up though. French dvd release totems (I think) Double sided and made of card. I don't normally go for standees but as these are not the elaborate 3d kind I like to think of them as posters mounted on card. Needs must and all that.

The Edward Scissorhands is a big Frenchie. I already had it but this one is rolled and I really dislike folded (I prefer 'rolled as printed' rather than 'folded as issued') Unfortunately it seems most Frenchies are folded so happy to find this one.

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #231 on: April 01, 2017, 01:31:28 PM »
Thanks  Paul, I have 4, just wondering if I am missing the other 6 or if they were not printed.

Just spoke to the guy I know and he says there was about 10 versions printed.. Crikey.

Good luck with that Dale.
It's more than a Hobby...

• Post-aholic
« Reply #232 on: April 01, 2017, 02:11:09 PM »

Just spoke to the guy I know and he says there was about 10 versions printed.. Crikey.

Good luck with that Dale.

most of those are purely for wildings aren't they?

I find it interesting that for the most part, only the biggest cities get the complete groupings of these posters, like NY & L.A.

I believe we don't get wildings posters out here because construction sites don't use wood barriers at the sidewalk, just fencing and that it is illegal to post them otherwise.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline teamweapon

• Collector
« Reply #233 on: April 02, 2017, 08:51:12 AM »
most of those are purely for wildings aren't they?

I find it interesting that for the most part, only the biggest cities get the complete groupings of these posters, like NY & L.A.

I believe we don't get wildings posters out here because construction sites don't use wood barriers at the sidewalk, just fencing and that it is illegal to post them otherwise.
i'm not sure ive ever seen quads used as wildings in the UK? its mostly bus stops and sometimes 1shts. and if they are ever used its super infrequently.
I don't know much, but i do know what my eyes are telling me!
Sean

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #234 on: April 02, 2017, 09:22:01 AM »
Haven't seen Wildings up this end of the country for 30 years maybe, unless you count 48 sheets, etc..

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #235 on: April 02, 2017, 12:40:37 PM »
Nice Edward Scissorhands there, skyjackers. Ive always really liked that image with the added butterfly. Very nice.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 02:45:29 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #236 on: April 02, 2017, 01:59:23 PM »
i'm not sure ive ever seen quads used as wildings in the UK? its mostly bus stops and sometimes 1shts. and if they are ever used its super infrequently.

Haven't seen Wildings up this end of the country for 30 years maybe, unless you count 48 sheets, etc..

I'm talking about one sheets, here in the US

-------

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #237 on: April 02, 2017, 04:19:19 PM »
Dale was asking if the posters were released in the UK, which it seems they were, but not as wildings, ordinary 1shts.

Offline teamweapon

• Collector
« Reply #238 on: April 02, 2017, 06:03:12 PM »
we get quite a lot of movie wildings up this end!
well actual bus shelters are all over the place, but in manchester also get pasted up bus shelters too! sometimes with designs i havent actually seen elsewhere in print. like the character posters for high rise and a different design for neon demon too.
I don't know much, but i do know what my eyes are telling me!
Sean