Author Topic: German pulp fiction poster valuation  (Read 2930 times)

Offline kingmaily

• Beginner
German pulp fiction poster valuation
« on: February 19, 2017, 02:29:43 PM »
Hey guys, have an opportunity to buy this poster framed and don't want to be over paying . I am new to buying original posters. What's a rough going rate for this poster ? Also while I'm here, are there any issues with this poster in terms of fakes being sold and if there any tell tail signs that would indicate a fake on this particular design of poster ?

Thanks 😊

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: German pulp fiction poster valuation
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 02:31:58 PM »
You can check recent sales/auction prices from EMP here. This is sorted from most recent sales shown first:

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/film_title/PULP%2520FICTION/tag/xtype%253AGerman%2520A1%2520poster/archive.html

Is the one you are looking at rolled? Or was it previously folded?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 02:36:00 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline kingmaily

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 02:51:43 PM »
You can check recent sales/auction prices from EMP here. This is sorted from most recent sales shown first:

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/film_title/PULP%2520FICTION/tag/xtype%253AGerman%2520A1%2520poster/archive.html

Is the one you are looking at rolled? Or was it previously folded?

Thank you , it was previously rolled and has been professionally framed according to the seller .

Offline kingmaily

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 02:54:02 PM »
Sellers picture

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 02:54:19 PM »
I seem to recall bootlegs for this poster existing.  I don't know how to spot them, but if it were me I'd do some research before purchasing anything.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 02:56:38 PM »
yeah I'd be concerned about a rolled one, and being framed to boot..

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 02:58:52 PM »
Thank you , it was previously rolled and has been professionally framed according to the seller .

Plus, you want to make sure that part of the framing process didnt involve the poster being mounted to any kind of foam core or backing board with spray adhesive.

-Jeff

Offline peckinpah

• Hobbyist
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 05:12:24 PM »
Ah, that's a difficult matter.
First of all: the film was such as success over here it was officially re-released just two years later, in June 1996. The distributor   re-printed the poster for this occasion. If you check the poster images at emovieposter closely, you'll see the difference: At the bottom right corner - There's the MCA logo, then the Panavision logo, and then the rating board logo ("FSK"). That is: the other printing of the poster is missing the FSK logo! Unfortunately I cannot swear which one is from 1994 and which one is from 1996, although I decorated our cinema back then :). I can't remember. My guess is that the distributor added the FSK logo for the second printing. Because I hardly see any copies without the logo! Especially unfolded. Also I saw some 2-sheets, also WITHOUT the FSK logo and as far as I know the 2-sheet had been printed for the 1994 first release.

emovieposter shows about 27 copies, only ONE without the FSK.

May I ask you what the price would be?

Offline kingmaily

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 02:10:09 AM »
Ah, that's a difficult matter.
First of all: the film was such as success over here it was officially re-released just two years later, in June 1996. The distributor   re-printed the poster for this occasion. If you check the poster images at emovieposter closely, you'll see the difference: At the bottom right corner - There's the MCA logo, then the Panavision logo, and then the rating board logo ("FSK"). That is: the other printing of the poster is missing the FSK logo! Unfortunately I cannot swear which one is from 1994 and which one is from 1996, although I decorated our cinema back then :). I can't remember. My guess is that the distributor added the FSK logo for the second printing. Because I hardly see any copies without the logo! Especially unfolded. Also I saw some 2-sheets, also WITHOUT the FSK logo and as far as I know the 2-sheet had been printed for the 1994 first release.

emovieposter shows about 27 copies, only ONE without the FSK.

May I ask you what the price would be?

65 English pounds which is about 81 dollars including postage. By looks of the sold prices, that's probs over paying even with the frame.

Offline peckinpah

• Hobbyist
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 05:58:30 AM »
Yeah, slightly. You can buy them in Germany for 20-30. I sell my PULP A1 posters in the US for about 40 / 50. But I never had unfolded copies, hence I think those are from the 1996 re-release. To me it wouldn't make a big difference. I have a 1996 A1 advance poster and the printing quality is about the same as my 1994 first release advance A1.