Author Topic: Well hello there Mr. UPS man  (Read 6461 times)

Offline Saw

• Beginner
Well hello there Mr. UPS man
« on: February 16, 2017, 10:06:12 PM »
Hi all,

I'm a newcomer to this forum but not to poster collecting. I started collecting several years ago and put it on hiatus because life just got really busy for me (...work *cough*...). Life has gone by really fast in the last...6 years?...lol. I'm awful with keeping track of time.

I find myself actually having a little down time here and there so I've sort of eased myself back into the mix. I've focused mostly on one series, which also assisted in my slowing down of acquisitions and interest..... But I have also obtained a number of other titles over the years, mostly focusing on more recent movies (1990-present).

I also collect some props here & there, so I bounce between the two.
A lot of user names are familiar, so it's good to see many old (metaphorical) faces.
Except for Thierry  :P
Just kidding xoxoxo

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Well hello there Mr. UPS man
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 10:55:36 PM »
 welcome1, Saw and enjoy the forum.

Looking forward to seeing some of your posters. What series are you mostly collecting?

And props, too? Very cool. Feel free to share and show some of those, too, if you want.

-Jeff

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 11:46:18 PM »
how come my packages are getting there late?

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Saw

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 12:08:47 AM »
how come my packages are getting there late?

Because he's busy messing with your wife  >:D

Erik, I mostly collect Saw series material. Almost any promotional materials for the films I have an interest in.
I feel like having a very narrow focus has kept me from spending all of my money over the years  :P
There are too many things in poster land that I want, so sometimes I have to avert my eyes and pretend like they don't exist  eyeroll

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 12:14:05 AM »
Okay, so I apologize for this temporary loss of memory, but am I suppose to know you?  Sorry, names without a face never really stick for me.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 12:18:29 AM »

lol

sm1

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline Saw

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 12:31:35 AM »
Okay, so I apologize for this temporary loss of memory, but am I suppose to know you?  Sorry, names without a face never really stick for me.

T

No need to apologize. The phrase "You don't know me, but I know you" comes to mind lol. I'm a small fish in a very big pond.
I spent several years posting on MPF and there was just always so much love between you and others (especially Holiday), that it made it a memorable part of my journey in the world of collecting posters.
Hope all is well with you.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 12:42:54 AM »
Oh yeah, I forgot about that forum.  It seems like so long ago.  Holiday and I became friends over there, and then created this little forum you just joined.  So welcome.

Saw, huh?  I had to check whether I owned anything on the title or not.  I do, but just on 1-3.  I kinda lost interest after that.  Seems like an interesting niche collection, if somewhat limited.  How much stuff can you collect on Saw?  Are you done?

T

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 01:07:24 AM »

Erik, I mostly collect Saw series material. Almost any promotional materials for the films I have an interest in.
I feel like having a very narrow focus has kept me from spending all of my money over the years  :P
There are too many things in poster land that I want, so sometimes I have to avert my eyes and pretend like they don't exist  eyeroll

Are your props also Saw related?

And yeah..Im sure we all can relate to averting our eyes, to keep from spending too much cash on all the poster goodness out there.

-Jeff

Offline Saw

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 01:25:25 AM »
I don't think I am really done to be honest. There have been some foreign paper I've past on in years past because I felt like I could get it cheaper/didn't have the money at the time. This is something that I actually learned from you Thierry, if I remember correctly. Just be patient and it will turn up again and probably be cheaper. I'm in no rush.

I also collect pretty much any interesting advertising material I can find as well as Saw props. I've spent more money on props than I have on any poster from the series - which goes without saying. I also mostly just focus on props from Saw 1-3. But like I said, I do collect other material, just this is my main focus. Trying to be a completionist takes a lot of time lol.

Reading through the posts, it seems like you've got a nice community going on here. Congratulations and thanks for the welcome Thierry.

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 02:34:40 AM »
Welcome aboard, Mr. SAW. I would also love to see your collection (both posters and props). I'll bet you are super excited about the new SAW flick hitting theaters this October. Anyway, i hope you enjoy yourself here. CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!