Author Topic: Wanted: Halloween II Daybill poster  (Read 5603 times)

Offline dashrendar

• Beginner
Wanted: Halloween II Daybill poster
« on: February 09, 2017, 06:11:46 PM »
There is one on ebay for close to 300 which is way up there. Anyone have this? It's my favorite sequel to a horror film EVER, great unique illustration!
-Dash
Dash Rendar AKA Harold

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Wanted: Halloween II Daybill poster
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 12:53:51 AM »
Yes, pretty good looking poster.  It's always better to post a pic, btw.

I don't collect Daybills but I do collect Aussy OSs.  Bruce has never sold any OS on the title, wonder if they do exist.

I bought a Halloween 2 B1 the other day at Emovie.  The only B1 I've ever seen and the best poster on the flick, imo.  Used to belong to my friend Holiday.  You can see it on my website.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 01:42:48 AM »
$300 aussie is probs about right for that day bill - very hard to find - i have bought off the seller before he has a great reputation here in Australia - i am sure if you send him an message he would knock a bit off the price for you. He is very reasonable in that regard. One sold on EMP for $203 back in 2012 (similar condition) translated back to aussie dollars is about $229 US which is only slightly more than the dealer is asking for this copy.

Best of luck let us know how you go if you decide to contact him
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 01:47:18 AM by Damomac »
- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 01:43:17 AM »
Yes, pretty good looking poster.  It's always better to post a pic, btw.

I don't collect Daybills but I do collect Aussy OSs.  Bruce has never sold any OS on the title, wonder if they do exist.

I bought a Halloween 2 B1 the other day at Emovie.  The only B1 I've ever seen and the best poster on the flick, imo.  Used to belong to my friend Holiday.  You can see it on my website. a

T

Not to shanghai the thread, but I totally agree. This poster is fantastic:

Now back to the want and search.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 10:00:38 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 11:11:42 PM »
uhhh. dont buy one with the top trimmed off like the one posted.

Side note..JP B1, not worth a $400 premium to go from B2 to B1 for same art. Bid smart :)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 11:17:34 PM »

Whole poster

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 01:54:27 AM »
Side note..JP B1, not worth a $400 premium to go from B2 to B1 for same art. Bid smart :)

Oh, I disagree 110%.  Holiday showed me this poster years ago, at a time when I only collected B1s.  I too love Halloween 2 (which I saw before Halloween because I was too young for it) and that B1 was it.  I looked for it for years, couldn't find it, so when I saw an opportunity, I got it.  Don't care if it's worth $20 tomorrow, I wanted it now at that price.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline dashrendar

• Beginner
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 03:12:30 AM »
Thanks everyone for your insight! I am considering the ebay listing. Not sure if I should wait though.
Dash Rendar AKA Harold

Offline dashrendar

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 12:10:28 AM »
Update! So I talked to the seller on ebay, pretty straight shooter from what I gathered, I was looking for an original nightmare on elmstreet as well and the best deal that we could summon up was a little over 3 hundo shipped for both the Halloween II and the original Nightmare. I figure these will not show up anytime soon and I have a few auctions on ebay that have bidders so I bit the bullet. I wanted them bad enough I guess.
Wanted Post Closed.
-Dash
Dash Rendar AKA Harold

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 01:01:10 AM »
Update! So I talked to the seller on ebay, pretty straight shooter from what I gathered, I was looking for an original nightmare on elmstreet as well and the best deal that we could summon up was a little over 3 hundo shipped for both the Halloween II and the original Nightmare. I figure these will not show up anytime soon and I have a few auctions on ebay that have bidders so I bit the bullet. I wanted them bad enough I guess.
Wanted Post Closed.
-Dash

First, congrats on the double score!! Bravo to you, Harold. clap clap

When you say above, that they wont be showing up soon, are you meaning it's going to take a long time for them to be shipped? Or were you meaning until these 2 items might appear again, and available to buy, in general?

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 01:39:55 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2017, 01:40:41 AM »
Great stuff Dash - the seller has been good to me in the past.
enjoy the posters
- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)

Offline dashrendar

• Beginner
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2017, 02:00:53 AM »
Thanks for the supportive dialogue around this guys, I'm pretty stoked! To answer you question Jeff, I was referring to when and if these two posters (more specifically the Halloween II) would show up on any forum, auction site, or ebay in general in the upcoming future considering their limited production. Shipping though will probably be a couple weeks, but that will allow time for me to get some frames (quadro frames) In the next few weeks I will post my collection, I have only been in the trade for about two months but I have obtained quite a bit! Stay tuned!
-Harold
Dash Rendar AKA Harold