Author Topic: Question about eMoviePoster?  (Read 15860 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Question about eMoviePoster?
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2017, 01:38:44 AM »
Gotta love the fairy tales and legends of yore.

But placing Dealer advert/promotional posts in the general board or threads is a no-no. No matter how it is introduced or prefaced.

So also says Supreme Lion Trainer, Hunter & Slayer, Holiday:  whip

The title says it all:

http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,7060.0.html

In the meantime, on with the next chapter.  thumbsup.gif

« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 03:26:09 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

guest4531

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2017, 12:56:48 AM »
All this for a dirty fork !!

https://youtu.be/EdzqTGmEcZE?t=24s

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2017, 03:18:51 PM »
Pretty sure the real lion of the hobby doesn't turn around to the yapping of any of the dealers who posted in this thread.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2017, 03:26:19 PM »
Pretty sure the real lion of the hobby doesn't turn around to the yapping of any of the dealers who posted in this thread.

laugh1

crying

moron1

Doh.gif

sm1

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2017, 03:34:25 PM »

You're talking about posterazzi / rodxmorgan, right?

;D

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2017, 03:36:32 PM »
You're talking about posterazzi / rodxmorgan, right?

;D

laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip laugh1 qip

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2017, 06:40:21 PM »
The posters were returned to the consignor today, at my expense. As expected, when we removed them from under the 100 pounds of weight covering them they were still curling, and it surely would have taken another month or more for them to completely flatten.

I am strongly considering no longer taking low value rolled posters at all. They are a huge money loser for us. Then we won't have these kinds of issues at all.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 01:08:10 AM by erik1925 »
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline Klownicle

• Hobbyist
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2017, 12:34:10 AM »
The posters were returned to the consignor today, at my expense. As expected, when we removed them from under the 100 pounds of weight covering them they were still curling, and it surely would have taken another month or more for them to completely flatten.

I am strongly considering no longer taking low value rolled posters at all. They are a huge money loser for us. Then we won't have these kinds of issues at all.

I concur.

Your compensation for covering the shipping is something I am greatful but I didn't require.  So Thank You.

Bruce, I imagine your goal is to prevent posters under $356 in your new considerations.  That is considering one of the posters I sent was recently sold on your site for that value. Now thats the max it's sold for in "Very Good".  Even at lower quality which mine was at min, good to very good, that's still higher value.

It would be sad to loose a large majority of your rolled one sheet auctions to that sort of limit.  But hey, I don't deny the majority of the posters I sent were under that value.  But that's why you glady accept bulk lots per your site.

You did the highlighting not me, you preach one thing but publicly to the consumer still accept another.  In fact if this is such a "loss" for you, why had your page stated the same thing since, 2011? 5 years now you've been gladly accepting losses for yourself on behalf of another.  That's a long time to "gladly" accept a loss. I appreciate the loss you take for peons such as myself, that's what makes you're site different than the rest as you've said.  https://web.archive.org/web/20111019070011/http://www.emovieposter.com/learnmore/?page=consign

If you consider $356 low value, boy I'd love to have your income.  notworthy.gif

So here's to the next chapter in another life! 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 02:16:31 AM by Klownicle »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2017, 01:47:46 AM »
A poster selling for potentially $356.00 isn't exactly trash or "low value" in my book, Klownicle.   

Good luck in however it ultimately plays out.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 03:27:34 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline originalcinemaposters

• Collector
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2017, 05:24:00 AM »
And then the lion puts his toys back in his pram

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2017, 09:09:10 AM »
at times, this site suffers from a serious lack of chill.
-Jay-

Offline Klownicle

• Hobbyist
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2017, 09:53:58 AM »

Indeed, I was content with keeping quite while the lion rips me apart.  The lion just keeps coming back for his pound of flesh.  There's no need to continue to preach the low value belief and update with himself that they were sent back. I think we all get where he stands on low value posters before his last post.  Not that anyone likely cares about where this conversation has headed at this point.  But I seriously doubt anyone was on pins and needles waiting to find out if I got my posters back. 

I'm feeling a bit like I've been turned into a mighty mouse that's attacked the lion, never my intent.  But I'm cool with everyone seemingly continuing to take it as the joke its become.

Hey Bruce, I still love you, but together let's just;

« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 10:19:30 AM by Klownicle »

Online Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2017, 10:56:38 AM »

You guys are all crazy.

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2017, 10:57:31 AM »
You guys are all crazy.
... but in a good way.
-Jay-