Author Topic: Alliance Labels  (Read 1949 times)

guest4897

Alliance Labels
« on: January 29, 2017, 01:44:36 AM »
Hi everyone,

I just discovered the site, so I wanted to extend a quick hello and pose an immediate question.

I acquired a few posters in the late 90's and while recently revisiting the material, I noticed that two of them (Pulp Fiction - regular 1S, Scream - style B 1S) had "Alliance" stickers from the distributor. The pieces were from a theater in British Columbia, Canada so I'm assuming that it was customary for the stickers to be added when they were shipped.

Does the presence of a distributor's sticker help in any way when attempting to authenticate a piece?

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
Re: Alliance Labels
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 12:39:06 PM »
are you wondering if yours are genuine? I am sure they are. I have had a couple with the Alliance logo. I wouldnt think anyone would be bootlegging Scream, for example, having stickers made to put on posters. Some people dont like the stickers/snipes and some dont mind. If it was a Pulp Fiction recalled I wouldnt put much weight on the sticker and would authenticate in other ways. So yeah you have probably come to these same conclusions. :) welcome and hope you stay a while.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 12:45:45 PM »
 welcome1, ne_one, and enjoy the forum.

Im sure you will find all the answers you need and looking forward to seeing whats in your collection, too.

And you poster, with that distributor's sticker, sounds like the real deal, too.

Please post a pic, if you'd like, as well.

-Jeff

guest4897

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 05:10:40 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Like many people, I enthusiastically jumped in to collecting posters a number of years ago and became disheartened as word began to spread that bootlegs were proliferating. I'm now going back in with a fresh set of eyes to get a better idea of what I have.

Is it generally apropos to post images and solicit opinions when in doubt?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 05:14:20 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Like many people, I enthusiastically jumped in to collecting posters a number of years ago and became disheartened as word began to spread that bootlegs were proliferating. I'm now going back in with a fresh set of eyes to get a better idea of what I have.

Is it generally apropos to post images and solicit opinions when in doubt?

It is. We all like opinions, questions and poster images here, so feel free to post away of whatever you have or want to ask/say.  thumbsup.gif

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 12:23:24 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 08:26:35 AM »
Yep, I have a several posters that I bought out of Canada with Alliance stickers on them... 

guest4897

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 05:36:34 PM »
Yep, I have a several posters that I bought out of Canada with Alliance stickers on them...

Perfect - I have a small treasure trove of dubious paper!  ;D

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 07:47:17 PM »
Lol