Author Topic: Bond odds and ends, Lobbies, Posters etc wanted  (Read 50698 times)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
Re: Bond odds and ends, Lobbies, Posters etc wanted
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2017, 05:14:54 AM »
A periodic update to that which is never ending...

8.   Goldfinger / Thunderball UK double feature quad
19. Diamonds Are Forever Gala Premiere Brochure
20. From Russia With Love South African Lobby cards (as per the card shown on the Bond thread)
24. Diamonds Forever / OHMSS double feature quad
26. Dr No / Goldfinger double feature quad
27. From Russia with Love Military style US 1 Sheet
28. Spy Loved Me Calendar Teaser quad
29. Moonraker Calendar Teaser quad

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2017, 10:34:33 AM »
Actually, a slightly off centre request in case anyone sells stills, and can be bothered to look...  (It will never be the money making sale of anyone's year)

I am one still off of making up a Moonraker International set of b/w stills.  I am looking for M-INT-3.  The INT bit is important.

That said, this set is a bit strange in that the numbers go from M-INT-1 to M-INT-67.  Seem to stop, and then carry on from M-INT-101 to M-INT-105 inclusive.  So, it might be that there are some stills between numbers 67 and 101...???

Cheers.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2017, 11:05:09 AM »
A periodic update with an addition in Bold

20. From Russia With Love South African Lobby cards (as per the card shown on the Bond thread)
30. US Synopsis Programmes for all films - excepting Diamonds, Spy, Moonraker, For Your Eyes, Octopussy
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 11:42:55 AM by Simes »

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2018, 09:07:04 AM »
A periodic update with additions in Bold.

30. US Synopsis Programmes for all films - excepting Diamonds, Spy, Moonraker, For Your Eyes, Octopussy
31. Octopussy US Press book or Mktg Doc  Not which this was, PB or Mktg Doc.  It was around this time that they switched.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2018, 09:47:32 AM »
A periodic update.

30. US Synopsis Programmes for films Dr No - Thunderball, OHMSS, GGun
31. Octopussy US Press book or Mktg Doc. Not which this was, PB or Mktg Doc.  It was around this time that they switched.

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2018, 11:57:23 AM »
Hi, Simon.

I don't think a US pressbook exists for OCTOPUSSY. More likely just several sheets of ad mats stapled together. I don't think it all went digital by 1983.

You've determined the yellow FRWL card is South African?

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2018, 02:05:55 PM »
Yeah, I am not sure what exists for Octopussy.  For AVTAK and TLD, there were spiral ring binder affairs.  And for LTK it was a stapled b/w magazine thing.  I would imagine it would have been the precedent for the AVTAK and TLD offerings.  Who knows.

As for the FRWL lobbies, I am thinking there are two sets of Sth African cards.

The one I think you are referring to has a Sth African poster of almost identical presentation.  I posted an image up here some time back showing the similarities in the Bond thread.

https://illustrated007.blogspot.com/2013/02/mystery-card.html

Then there is the second set, of which I have seven, that also appear to of same origin.

https://illustrated007.blogspot.com/2017/01/from-russia-with-love-lobby-cards-from.html

(I see you smartly skipped by any reference to the FRWL Military 1 Sheet...)

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2018, 07:21:47 PM »
 ;D ;D7 Who, me??

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2018, 07:24:31 PM »
Which remind me. Does anyone know if a military 1-sheet exists for GOLDFINGER or YOLT?

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2019, 04:54:13 AM »
A periodic update, but adding a 6-part Skyfall UK Quad V2 display that uses six full size quads to make up the Lying down and Shooting presentation.

Its very existence was introduced to me via the Adam Carter Poster Auction yesterday.  Unfortunately, there was someone with deeper pockets.

30. US Synopsis Programmes for films Dr No, From Russia, Goldfinger, Thunderball, OHMSS, GGun
31. Octopussy US Press book or Mktg Doc. Not which this was, PB or Mktg Doc.  It was around this time that they switched.
32. 6-part Skyfall UK Quad V2

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2019, 07:09:38 AM »
I imagine the Skyfall 6 parter must be designed for a specific site/sites, and consequently there won’t be many sets around. That being said, I was impressed by how much it went for. Best of luck with your search.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2019, 07:24:13 AM »
Yup - that was me and a film production designer duking it out in the room.  It made for one of the very few moments when actual live bidding took place as many other items went for maiden bids.

He, like me, figured if he didn’t get them then, he would never have another chance.  Certainly my impression.  But I caved.  And once I did, the auctioneer said, ‘Well, James Bond would never do that.’  Which was hilarious.  I later introduced myself to congratulate him on staying the course and holding nerve.

Thanks fella.

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2019, 07:39:46 AM »
Nice that you could be so sporting about it. I hope you said if he ever has the desire to sell to drop you a line, you never know.

It always amazes me how it can be so hard to find some posters for huge releases, admittedly this set is not your regular item.

I’ve been looking for a Batman quad from 1989 in good condition since 1989 and haven’t found one. I assumed they must have printed a huge amount given the hype at the time, but maybe not?

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2019, 07:49:37 AM »
The atmosphere in the room was so convivial, there were so many laughs between people that seemed to know each other.  Plus there were coffees, biscuits, drinks and at lunch, pizza and all so much chit chat that it was difficult Not to be sporting.

Plus, at the end of the day, I had perhaps gone further than I was intending to, initially thinking they would have peaked around the 1500 mark.  He deserved to win them and to be frank, the guy was such a sweet and lovely chap that I couldn't help thinking he was the deserving chap.  Upon introducing myself, he was all smiles and mentioned being 'Really sorry about all that nonsense.'

I have visitation rights, he said.  I just need to be in LA when he's home.  In the meantime, maybe in another seven years, a second set will pop up...?

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2019, 10:13:30 AM »
The atmosphere in the room was so convivial, there were so many laughs between people that seemed to know each other.  Plus there were coffees, biscuits, drinks and at lunch, pizza and all so much chit chat that it was difficult Not to be sporting.

Plus, at the end of the day, I had perhaps gone further than I was intending to, initially thinking they would have peaked around the 1500 mark.  He deserved to win them and to be frank, the guy was such a sweet and lovely chap that I couldn't help thinking he was the deserving chap.  Upon introducing myself, he was all smiles and mentioned being 'Really sorry about all that nonsense.'

I have visitation rights, he said.  I just need to be in LA when he's home.  In the meantime, maybe in another seven years, a second set will pop up...?

I agree, Simon, he was lovely.
I thought it was a great day too!

The SF multi-quad set was limited to only 10 in the UK, an Odeon employee told me, and only for the largest multiplexes.

I know for a fact most multi-quad sets are thrown away, which is sacrilegious to us lot!
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2019, 10:44:30 AM »
The SF multi-quad set was limited to only 10 in the UK, an Odeon employee told me, and only for the largest multiplexes.

What? Great!

Which basically means I'm stuffed....

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2019, 11:19:39 AM »
What? Great!

You never know mate. Odd things happen.

Look at the DAF Nikon DC - there was only one known example (mine) before the one at Ewbanks showed a couple of years ago.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2019, 12:05:04 PM »
What? Great!

If there were 10 sets printed there has to be another somewhere. There was a set of posters I was after recently for a new release that proved nearly impossible to obtain through the regular channels.

It wasn’t easy by any means but in the end I ended up with 2 complete sets, so stranger things have happened.

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2019, 11:17:32 AM »
If there were 10 sets printed there has to be another somewhere. There was a set of posters I was after recently for a new release that proved nearly impossible to obtain through the regular channels.

It wasn’t easy by any means but in the end I ended up with 2 complete sets, so stranger things have happened.

Absolutely!
However, I think I was incredibly lucky with the SF set.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2020, 04:25:12 AM »
A periodic update...

30. US Synopsis Programmes for films Dr No, From Russia, Thunderball, OHMSS

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2021, 05:10:49 AM »
Bumpity bump.

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2021, 05:03:13 AM »
A periodic bump - I live in eternal hope.

A new addition in the shape and form of the NTTD poster at bottom.  Has anyone seen these or know where to find.  I have only ever seen one copy on eBay!!  ONE!

30. US Synopsis Programmes for films Dr No, From Russia, Thunderball, OHMSS
33. No Time to Die US Final Release 1 Sheet - Blue title text and full credits.