Author Topic: Amazon: I Thought I Bought the DVD  (Read 4935 times)

Offline FFFMoviePosters

• Beginner
    • FFF Movie Posters
Amazon: I Thought I Bought the DVD
« on: January 13, 2017, 02:52:42 PM »
This is a question for any sellers that have listed their posters for sale on Amazon.

Do you get returns where the buyer thought they were buying the DVD despite the listing clearing indicating a movie poster? "Movie Poster" is in our seller name!!!

This has happened several time over the past year on Amazon, including again today, but never happens on Ebay.

Just curious.

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
Re: Amazon: I Thought I Bought the DVD
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 03:30:50 PM »
Any one got a link to that YouTube? Video - (yelling) This is not a DVD, this is a poster, THIS IS NOT A DVD, THIS IS NOT! A DVD

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 03:46:27 PM »
I dont sell on Amazon but I have had that happen to me on ebay. The buyer was irrate too. They didnt quite understand how to search for things and bought my clearly listed poster thinking it was a DVD.

Offline FFFMoviePosters

• Beginner
    • FFF Movie Posters
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 04:58:17 PM »
I dont sell on Amazon but I have had that happen to me on ebay. The buyer was irrate too. They didnt quite understand how to search for things and bought my clearly listed poster thinking it was a DVD.

So we're not alone. I guess not everyone pays full attention to what they're buying. They see a search result and picture, add it to cart and off they go.

Irate buyers haven't been a problem. More of an inconvenience and hassle for both parties than anything else. They understand after it's explained that the title clearly says movie poster and description backs it up.

I guess it comes with the territory of selling through massive-scale online retailers/auction sites.

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 05:10:02 PM »
I remember the time I bought the Casablanca DVD off Amazon, but the seller sent me some old-ass poster that looked like it was from the 1940s or something.

I left a one-star rating.

Offline FFFMoviePosters

• Beginner
    • FFF Movie Posters
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 05:14:54 PM »
I remember the time I bought the Casablanca DVD off Amazon, but the seller sent me some old-ass poster that looked like it was from the 1940s or something.

There's always another side to the coin  thumbsup.gif

When it happens the poster in question is a cheaper, newer one.

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 09:26:49 PM »
Any one got a link to that YouTube? Video - (yelling) This is not a DVD, this is a poster, THIS IS NOT A DVD, THIS IS NOT! A DVD

I thought there was a similar one for movie posters... Maybe add something like this to your listing?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IOwTAiat1vg" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IOwTAiat1vg</a> 

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 10:35:46 PM by erik1925 »

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 02:02:34 PM »

Hahahahaha.
 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 04:20:51 PM »
Have always wondered what this, 'This is not a DVD' thing was all about.

I can see it is not a fucking DVD, cos you're selling a poster.  Drives me insane.  But then I have never tried to sell something that has been mistaken for something else.  So can only presume this is in reaction to some dip shit problem of basic understanding on the buyer's part.

It also goes the other way where someone is selling a specific film title, and then adds to the lot information another film title.  For example, a SPECTE poster that then has in the title, Skyfall.  Why?  just clutters up the search criteria.

Offline FFFMoviePosters

• Beginner
    • FFF Movie Posters
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 03:35:24 PM »
I can see it is not a fucking DVD, cos you're selling a poster.  Drives me insane. 

You wouldn't think someone would make the mistake and yet it happens time and time again.

Offline Damomac

• Hobbyist
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 03:52:40 PM »
I sold a poster recently on ebay and a potential buyer asked me if the dvd would play on australian dvd players - It was for a rogue one poster which isn't even out on dvd for another 4 months. Never assume intelligence when selling on the bay
- Damo (An Aussie Movie Poster Lover)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 06:31:44 PM »
Jesus.

There really is a case to be made for 'survival of the fittest', or in this case, brightest.

While part of the world produces for us, smart phones, others still can't read.  One wonders if those who can't see the difference between DVDs and poster, actually use a 'phone at all...

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 07:56:09 PM »
It is hard to believe that there are still idiots who don't bother to read what they're buying.
Friggin' chowderheads...