Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 7223 times)

mago12

Hi All
« on: January 09, 2017, 08:46:53 PM »
Hi all:

I'm an original comic art collector who decided to dip his toes into the movie poster world. As a kid my dad took us to the movies religiously so I've always loved movies and now that I'm collecting movie posters it seems like a no brainer. I currently only have a handful of posters, all modern except for one Empire half sheet. This forum has a wealth of knowledge and I finally decided to stop lurking and become a member. ;D I look forward to interacting with you all.

-Marshall

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Hi All
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 09:26:41 PM »
 welcome1, Marshall, and enjoy the movie poster party.

Looking forward to all you might have to share, as well.

thumbsup.gif

Jeff

-Jeff

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 12:24:13 AM »
 Welcome3.gif mago!

We look forward to interacting with you as well.

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 01:50:27 AM »
Hey Marshall!  Welcome to the realm beyond lurking. Actually participating and talking to the gents on here is really educational and interesting.
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 04:14:05 PM »
Hi all:

I'm an original comic art collector who decided to dip his toes into the movie poster world. As a kid my dad took us to the movies religiously so I've always loved movies and now that I'm collecting movie posters it seems like a no brainer. I currently only have a handful of posters, all modern except for one Empire half sheet. This forum has a wealth of knowledge and I finally decided to stop lurking and become a member. ;D I look forward to interacting with you all.

-Marshall

Hey Marshall,

What are some of the other titles that you have?

Could you post some pix? Would be cool to see what you have.

-Jeff

mago12

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 07:10:04 PM »
Hey Jeff:

I'm a big Star Wars guy so that's mostly what I focus on. I have a couple of Force Awakens one-sheets, a couple of Rogue One one-sheets and I recently picked up an Empire Strikes Back daybill because of that beautiful Noriyoshi Ohrai art. As for non SW posters I have a Dark Knight one sheet and an E.T. daybill. I still haven't figured out the best way to take pics so I have no pics to share, just my framed Empire half-sheet. Thanks for asking!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 07:54:32 PM »
The framed HS looks great, Marshall. Congrats on having that piece. As far as taking pics of the others that aren't framed, why not just do what many of us do, and lay them on the floor and shoot them that way? It works well.  :)

-Jeff

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 02:46:50 AM »
Welcome welcome1 to the forums Marshall, nice to see a big Star Wars fan joining the forums, really like your Empire Strikes Back poster, looks great! in the frame thumbsup.gif

See you around :)

mago12

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 07:23:43 PM »
Welcome welcome1 to the forums Marshall, nice to see a big Star Wars fan joining the forums, really like your Empire Strikes Back poster, looks great! in the frame thumbsup.gif

Thanks!

See you around :)
The framed HS looks great, Marshall. Congrats on having that piece. As far as taking pics of the others that aren't framed, why not just do what many of us do, and lay them on the floor and shoot them that way? It works well.  :)

Thanks and good point on the pics. I will try to rectify that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 07:01:11 PM »
Thanks and good point on the pics. I will try to rectify that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any luck with the "taking pics of posters laying on the floor" method, Marshall?  :D

-Jeff

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 05:48:33 AM »
Welcome fella.

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 09:44:11 AM »
Welcome!