Author Topic: ABSOLUTE PROOF THAT THIERRY IS BETTER THAN NOSTRADAMUS!  (Read 2353 times)

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
ABSOLUTE PROOF THAT THIERRY IS BETTER THAN NOSTRADAMUS!
« on: January 01, 2017, 08:55:21 AM »
I just happened to revisit this old thread here: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php?topic=4127.0

I started it on 4/17/12, which was exactly four years to the day that I left eBay.

Thierry (eatbrie) replied: "CONGRATS BRUCE!!! Here's to $5 mil by 2014"

This seemed VERY unlikely at the time, since we had annual sales of $3.5 million the year prior to Thierry making his post. and even after a great 2012, we "only" had $4 million in sales for 2013.

But with Thierry's magic working for us, our 2013 sales came in at $5,133,181.00, so we ended 2013 at over $5 million, exactly as Thierry had predicted.

Since that time, we have averaged $5 million a year each of the next three years.

What will 2017 hold? Ask Thierry!
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: ABSOLUTE PROOF THAT THIERRY IS BETTER THAN NOSTRADAMUS!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 12:55:52 PM »
OMG, just woke up super hungover and this is exactly what I needed.  Thanks Bruce  thumbsup.gif

I say $7mil by 2020.  How does that sound?

And of course, congrats to you and your team, and happy new year.

T
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 04:52:32 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline DekeThornton

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 04:46:35 PM »
OMG, just woke up super hungover and this is exactly what I needed.  Thanks Bruce  thumbsup.gif

I say $7mil by 2020.  How does that sound?

And of course, congrats to you and your team, and happy new year.

T

And how about that extra 2 million annually comes from a dramatic increase in consignments of Mexican posters?

I predict by the end of 2017 Bruce will add a fourth weekly sale exclusively of Mexican posters.

A fella can dream, anyway.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 04:52:47 PM by eatbrie »

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 07:03:19 AM »
I'll look forward to an extra auction on solely British Quads pre-1970 :)
vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/