Author Topic: Tyler Stout  (Read 169398 times)

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
Re: Tyler Stout
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2011, 08:24:15 PM »
I think the only ones I have that you don't are as follows:

Blade Runner Variant, a Big Lebowski silver metallic variant, Big Trouble in Little China - regular, Hell Ride Variant, First Edition of Hell Ride Promo poster (used to raise funding to make the movie), Hot Fuzztival Variant, Let the Right One In - Quad Size (Its nice to see the biggest stout poster ever done in person), a regular version of The Road Warrior, the Lost Boys, the Best of QT Fest, and the Best of QT Fest variant.

Stout Collection

I need to update my website for the Star Wars set.

Chad

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2011, 09:44:13 PM »
The five that I'm really missing are Blade Runner variant, Big Trouble in Little China regular and variant, The Lost Boys and the original Warriors variant.  I don't care so much about the rest.

If anyone wants to sell me these posters for $100/piece, please email me.

C'mon, people, that's 100 US Dollars!!!  A lot of money in Ghana.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2011, 10:12:36 PM »
I don't care so much about the rest.

T

That's why your not a TRUE Stout collector.  :P

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2011, 10:17:04 PM »
Shh...  Better not tell Tyler.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2011, 06:26:46 PM »
While Tyler is in the process of going thru his lottery thingy, I was wondering if any of you guys played the game.  He got more than 2,000 entries.  Ouch!

T
My Personal Collection

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2011, 06:42:45 PM »
While Tyler is in the process of going thru his lottery thingy, I was wondering if any of you guys played the game.  He got more than 2,000 entries.  Ouch!

T

Oh damn, that is a lot of people.

Chad

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2011, 06:59:06 PM »
I entered.........cant win if you dont play right?
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2011, 10:30:50 PM »
I registered, I figured I missed cause I had not heard anything yet.

Bowana

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2011, 10:00:02 AM »
I entered and managed to get a variant set.    8)

Now to track down a regular set.....

Like a few others I still need to track down Big Trouble in Little China (reg & var), Bladerunner (reg) as well.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2011, 10:38:21 AM »
Congrats!  I'm glad that some of these are going to forum members.

And good luck on Big Trouble.  I'm out of the game on this one.  The only way I will ever get it is by trading something.

T
My Personal Collection

Online jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2011, 05:39:08 PM »
Played the lottery but didn't win.  I guess I will look for a variant set or at least a Revenge variant through other means.
Looking forward to Mondo shipping so I can see these beauties in-person.

Based upon a post in the EB thread, I think Jonkino might have scored a regular set. Good for him if that's the case.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2011, 05:45:10 PM »
Ya know, I have been in every one of his lotteries and come up dry every single time.  Its discouraging.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Jonkino

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2011, 07:56:37 PM »
Well, after all is said and done, and even after his last impressive drop, "The Thing" remains my favorite of Tyler's composition.  There is something about it that, to me at least, is far superior to anything he's done.  And that's saying a lot, because I truly love the guy.  Maybe it's the coloring scheme.  For sure, the title is a big plus.

Wow, that's some collection. Trying to make us jealous? well you succeeded!

Oh well at least I got a late email from Tyler at 2.30 in the morning (UK time) and bagged which must have been one of his last sets. Pleased, now I have 7 Stouts! A mere pittance compared to eatbrie wicked collection!!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2011, 08:08:49 PM »
Are you talking about my prints collection?  Yeah, I like it.  But I'll let you in on a little secret.  It doesn't matter at all.  What really matters is what i don't have.  Once I own something, I forget about it.  But the hunt is still on for other pieces that some other collectors own.  So in the end, there is always a bigger fish, and always someone who makes you jealous.

T
My Personal Collection

Jonkino

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2011, 08:59:52 PM »
Are you talking about my prints collection?  Yeah, I like it.  But I'll let you in on a little secret.  It doesn't matter at all.  What really matters is what i don't have.  Once I own something, I forget about it.  But the hunt is still on for other pieces that some other collectors own.  So in the end, there is always a bigger fish, and always someone who makes you jealous.

T

he he  :)

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2011, 09:58:42 AM »
I wish the good ole days would come back when T used to talk trash about Alamos and I didn't have to compete against him in one of my favorite areas of collecting. Oh yes, the good days when I had a week to purchase a new drop by Mondos before there was even a threat of selling out.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2011, 10:19:17 AM »
That was like... 2 years ago, wasn't it?
My Personal Collection

Bowana

« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2011, 10:25:23 AM »
Looks like I finally got a line on a Big Trouble in Little China!    :D

Can't wait to see it in person.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2011, 11:14:44 AM »
Think I am gonna have to cut loose a Lost Boys to fund the Star Wars Trilogy, I dont want to drop $700 out of pocket on them out right.

Bowana

« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2011, 01:21:54 PM »
Received my "Big Trouble In Little China" yesterday.  So stoked!! ;D

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2011, 01:28:00 PM »
Received my "Big Trouble In Little China" yesterday.  So stoked!! ;D

Nice score Bo..will you be posting a pic for us to enjoy? woohoo

Stew

Bowana

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2011, 02:46:36 PM »
I'll try to remember to take a picture of it tonight.  My Stout Star Wars variants showed up the other day as well so I'll take pics of them too.  I scored an AP set.  :)

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2011, 03:07:43 PM »
I'll try to remember to take a picture of it tonight.  My Stout Star Wars variants showed up the other day as well so I'll take pics of them too.  I scored an AP set.  :)
Sounds good Bowana..your find just gets better and better,cant wait to see the pics mate.

Stew`s

Bowana

« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2011, 08:35:37 AM »

There's a tiny bit of waviness half way on the edge of the print.  It doesn't affect the picture area and will be easily framed out/corrected when I go to get it framed.

No pics of the Variant Star Wars yet as I am letting it relax a bit before flattening it out.  With three posters in the one tube and such thick paper its gonna take a bit to flatten back out.
Not to toot my own horn too much but I just scored a regular Star Wars set as well.   8)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2011, 08:40:10 AM »
Good for you, Bowana.  Nice art!  thumbup