Author Topic: Tyler Stout  (Read 169438 times)

poland626

Re: Tyler Stout
« Reply #150 on: June 23, 2012, 10:40:36 AM »
Yeah, thanks for that poster site link and all the advice guys, I won't be using the same place as before but I will frame The Avengers poster just because I do like it and I'm not selling it, I'm hanging it. In case I DO need to sell the poster, it stays in perfect condition that way, but no trimming this time.

I took photos of both posters for reference for you guys. What do you think?
http://imgur.com/a/BqI00
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 10:40:52 AM by poland626 »

guest8

« Reply #151 on: June 23, 2012, 10:49:19 AM »
Looks interesting with the thin frame, I like the color and the hard edge of the Hell Rider frame more. How big are the frames iirc the prints are both ~24x36 and that looks like a pretty large matte.

The larger frames makes me wonder why the heck someone had to trim that down! :(

poland626

« Reply #152 on: June 23, 2012, 11:12:29 AM »
The reason, going off my memory, was the sets for the metal frame outline they had were different. Because I chose 2 different ones, (the black one is smaller than the golden color frame by a little), the sizes I guess were different. I just thought the orange and the black went with the posters at the time.

EDIT: I'll look up the sizes of the frames when I can and post back
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 11:13:23 AM by poland626 »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2014, 04:54:06 PM »
New Stout in my collection:

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 02:25:02 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2014, 05:11:58 PM »
Guardians, eh?
Nice one.
 cheers

Offline Ed_209uk

• Hobbyist
    • Film on Paper
« Reply #155 on: July 31, 2014, 07:47:41 PM »
I hope fans of Tyler might like to read the just published Film on Paper exclusive interview with him on the making of his The Avengers print, featuring never-before-seen artwork and colo(u)rways. Check it out here: Interview with Tyler Stout on his print for The Avengers.

My collection website: Film on Paper
Twitter: @filmonpaper

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2014, 08:28:28 PM »
Eddie Shannon does it again.
Way to go,man.  Great interview!

Stout's work has been growing on me since The Avengers print.
That was a great read.
 cheers

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2014, 02:00:20 AM »
Thanks Eddie! An excellent read as ever. Interesting to see the concepts and sketches, I love that stuff. Good nugget of info about double dipping with Drive too.

I have the reg and stood in a very long queue a few weekends back to get Stan Lee to sign it...man, that was a long day! :)

Shared the link in a screenprint FB group I'm in.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2014, 12:02:58 PM »
New Stout this morning...

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2014, 07:17:53 PM »
reg > var
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

guest8

« Reply #160 on: August 02, 2014, 08:12:17 AM »
reg > var

Id be happy with either .. I forgot they were going on sale yesterday so I totally missed out. :( Oh well .. Im sure the price will drop some on these and I should be able to snag one ... eventually. :)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #161 on: August 02, 2014, 08:38:16 AM »
I really like his increased use of tones.
Seems to really enhance his linework, which gets better and better with each piece.
A really nice print, indeed.
 clap clap clap clap

Offline Ed_209uk

• Hobbyist
    • Film on Paper
« Reply #162 on: August 02, 2014, 04:02:49 PM »
Thanks Ted and Tob - awesome that you got Stan Lee to sign it! Which FB group do you mean?
My collection website: Film on Paper
Twitter: @filmonpaper

guest8

« Reply #163 on: August 02, 2014, 04:47:12 PM »
Saw this on EB .. thought some of you may appreciate it .. There appear to be some actual differences between the reg and the variant besides just Mondos typical color changes.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #164 on: September 04, 2014, 11:10:39 PM »
I've gotta say, these 2 look really good in person.  Definitely in my top 5 of Tyler's work, along with The Thing and Kill Bill.

T

« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 12:54:01 AM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #165 on: June 15, 2015, 06:47:33 PM »
Since I'm running out of space for posters, I decided to re-organize my man room and regroup things.  My Mondo crap was first on the list and I decided to pull out all the Stouts and take a picture of them while my kids were napping.  I had exactly 50 minutes.  I posted it on the Stout FB page and caused a meltdown.  One of the members even added them up to see how much money was on the floor.  Tons of people were pissed at me for not framing my prints.  I told them it wasn't the first time I had heard such complains.  Another member decided to use the picture as a banner for the FB page.

Anyhow, I forgot to post it here...  As much as they don't care about movie posters (zero comments on the few I posted), I suspect no one on this forum really cares about prints.  And that's fine.  I'm just posting it because it looks pretty.

T
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 07:14:21 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline steve5635

• Beginner
« Reply #166 on: June 15, 2015, 07:32:51 PM »
great collection, wow. some of those stouts are way outa my price range (2nd hand that is)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #167 on: June 15, 2015, 08:16:40 PM »
I know that a Thing print just sold for $3k, but it was not until someone added them up that I realized the amount of money fans are willing to spend on those.  It's completely insane, imo.  I think the most I ever spent was $100.

T
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 08:17:50 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Online Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #168 on: June 15, 2015, 09:10:30 PM »
Impressive photo there, T.  Is that almost every variation for every Stout print?  Sounds like you scored all of them at the Mondo drops, eh?  

$3,000 for The Thing really shows how much of a following Mr. Stout has.  If you don't mind me asking, what is the current market $ value that the guy priced for all those in the photo?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 09:10:52 PM by Neo »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #169 on: June 15, 2015, 09:28:13 PM »
I texted you, Brandon.

And no, I'm missing a bunch.  But I won't buy them at current market prices.

T
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 09:29:21 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2015, 10:07:47 PM »
That picture made me spill my coffee.
 faint2.gif

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2015, 11:35:03 PM »
That's a star.gif star.gif star.gif star.gif star.gif pic right there!
Very nice, T.
Witty signature goes here.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2015, 11:45:58 PM »
The funny thing is, they were all going berserk about the gold Guardians of the Galaxy.  More than any other prints.  It was given to Marvel cast & crew, only 40 of them, and I got it from my wife who briefly worked at Marvel.  From their reaction, I'd assume it's the most expensive Stout print right now. 

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #173 on: June 16, 2015, 03:19:37 AM »
Excellent photo, T! A seriously impressive collection. If you're running out of space, I'm very happy to look after his print for Akira for you ;)

I laid out all my Durieux prints for a photo to enter some competition recently, it's about a third of the size of this but it was fun seeing them all together.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #174 on: June 16, 2015, 03:49:43 AM »
I debated buying my Thing when they were on sale at Mondo until they raised the price from $30 to $40, indicating that they were about to close the open edition, as was their way at the time...

As for the god Guardians, the first couple that come to market will draw the focus of completest Stout collectors which will sky high the price, much like the ugly-ass Star Wars Trilogy posters. And much like that poster, the gold Stout's look awful in comparison to their more colorful counterparts...