Movie Posters > Show Us Your Collection!

Favorite Purchases of 2016

(1/22) > >>

Monster_A_GoGo:
Hmm. Last year Thierry started a post asking us to show our favorite poster purchases of the year. He posted it in early December...and I've been waiting for it to reappear this year. Unless I'm blind and/or he posted it in a different section, I do NOT see it anywhere. So I thought I'd start it (sorry if I'm stepping on any toes) as the year is about to expire.  Last year I only posted 10. Thierry had a lot more than 10...so, using his example (and because I had such a good year, I really couldn't narrow it down), here are my 25 favorite purchases from 2016.

25. HOUSE OF WAX:

24. BLOOD-SPATTERED BRIDE (Italian 4f):

23. BLACK SABBATH:

22. ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE:

21. THE BOWERY BOYS MEET THE MONSTERS:

20. SCREAMING SKULL:

19. NOT OF THIS EARTH (linen):

18. ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK(Studio style):

17. BEACH GIRLS AND THE MONSTER:

16. INDESTRUCTIBLE MAN:

15. FREAKS (re-release, linen):

14. FEMALE TROUBLE (French affiche small):

13. MUNSTER GO HOME:

12. TARZAN'S SECRET JUNGLE (linen):

11. TARZAN TRIUMPHS and TARZAN'S DESERT MYSTERY (linen re-release combo):

10. THIS NIGHT I'LL POSSESS YOUR CORPSE (Brazilian):

9. ONE MILLION YEARS B.C.:

8. FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS (style B):

7. THE THING THAT COULDN'T DIE:

6. ABBOTT AND COSTELLO MEET DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE:

5. THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS (lenticular):

4. PSYCHO (linen):

3. CREATURE WITH THE ATOM BRAIN (three sheet):

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/boinnng/3sh_creature_with_the_atom_brain_linen_SD06130_T_zps9muhmzsb.jpg[/img]

2. THE CREATURE WALKS AMONG US:

1. WAR OF THE COLOSSAL BEAST:

What were YOUR favorite purchases of last year?

Ari:
dunno, but WOW. even if that was all you bought it would be a good year.

Roughoutline:
Haven't bought a huge amount, but of the few, this is my favourite;

Picnic at Hanging Rock, Aussie Daybill

I wanted posters for Vertigo and 2001, but don't have the finances to get the ones I wanted, so I bought some re-release locandinas. They're very nice, but they're fairly recent re-releases, so not worth showing. Maybe 2017 will be different, hmm...

oldposterho:
That Picnic at Hanging Rock has really done it's job.  I've had it in my 'to watch' queue for weeks (unbelievably I've never seen it in all these years) and I think it's time to finally have a look.  It's lovely.

It's also nice to see the Creature wearing sensible trousers (for once).  Can't go wrong with that trilogy.

DekeThornton:

--- Quote from: oldposterho on December 26, 2016, 10:10:51 AM ---That Picnic at Hanging Rock has really done it's job.  I've had it in my 'to watch' queue for weeks (unbelievably I've never seen it in all these years) and I think it's time to finally have a look.  It's lovely.

It's also nice to see the Creature wearing sensible trousers (for once).  Can't go wrong with that trilogy.

--- End quote ---

It's well worth a watch.  Somehow I never noticed the "...A recollection of evil" tagline on that poster.  The portentous tagline contrasts nicely with the image of the virginal white-clad schoolgirls.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version